Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting moving cursor up and other things Post 302262887 by darkhider on Saturday 29th of November 2008 12:47:21 PM
Old 11-29-2008
I'm still trying to figure out on what I'm doing wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the cursor position

Hello, Is there a way to get the current cursor position? I know "tput sc" saves it. Is there a way to find out the value saved? Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bestbuyernc
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cursor Positioning

Can anyone tell me how to ouput the current cursor coordinate? I have tried using tput sc and tput rc. However I want to know what the coordinate is. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bestbuyernc
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

scrolling cursor

Hi, I'm writing scripts in perl and shell and want to add the oprion of scrolling cursor on the screen when there is no output to the screen for long time. I saw it in some script but I don't have the source code. Are anyone know how can I perform this ? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alalush
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cursor position

Is there a way of finding the current cursor position (line & column) within AIX (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh - moving cursor position

hi all, am trying to modify a ksh script to group server names together depending on the cluster they sit in. currently the script does a find . -name '*.pid' to find all running servers and prints out their pids and names. current output looks something like this : serverA ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem to map VIM cursor moving in InsertMode

Hi all What I want? I want in Insert mode, press Alt-hjkl move cursor, and then back to insert mode. I know ctrl-o, hjkl can do the job. but everytime I want to move, i have to press ctrl-o, or I have to count how many hjkl I will do, do a C-O (n)hjkl. What I tried (example only with 'j')... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk1418
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Cursor in Unix - How to do it (Need Help)

Hi, I have a table in which i have the following data JOB_NO FILE_ID FILE_NAME 1546148 1378788 PDF Sample -1.pdf 1546148 1378789 PDF Sample -2.pdf 1546149 1378790 PDF Sample -3.pdf Now I would like use a cursor like thing in unix to download the files using the file ids and send... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uuuunnnn
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting the cursor position

I need to get the cursor position, and put it inside a variable. Problem is, i don't have the tput command, or ncurses. Apparently I was supposed to try the following: echo -e '\E But I don't get a value or anything. Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinman47
3 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Passing the value of a cursor to another cursor

i have 2 cursors. i want to assign the value of first cursor(employee_id) to the where condition of cursor c2(please refer the bold statement). how do i do if i want to assign the value of c1 to where condition of cursor c2? declare cursor c1 IS select employee_id from employee cursor c2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vkca
1 Replies
DELPHFIG(3)						      MBK PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS						       DELPHFIG(3)

NAME
delphfig - delete and free a physical figure ORIGIN
This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Universite Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France. Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/ E-mail : alliance-users@asim.lip6.fr SYNOPSYS
#include "mph.h" int delphfig(figname) char *figname; PARAMETER
figname Name of the figure to be deleted DESCRIPTION
delphfig deletes the figure called figname from the list of physical figure in memory. All the lists of elements belonging to the figure are also deleted and freed. RETURN VALUE
delphfig returns 1 if the figure was delete, and 0 if no figure called figname was present in memory. EXAMPLE
#include "mph.h" void delete_na2_y() { if (delphfig("na2_y")) (void)fputs("deleted na2_y successfully", stdout); else (void)fputs("na2_y not present in ram !", stdout); } SEE ALSO
mbk(1), phfig(3), addphfig(3), getphfig(3), loadphfig(3), savephfig(3), flattenphfig(3), rflattenphfig(3). BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. ASIM
/LIP6 October 1, 1997 DELPHFIG(3)