Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Monitor via crontab
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Monitor via crontab Post 302262845 by rvenkam on Saturday 29th of November 2008 05:04:30 AM
Old 11-29-2008
Network Monitor via crontab

Hi ,

I have a configuration file which i have to monitor via a crontab.
Now i should be able to control the first cron job via a second one i start depending on the start time and stop time in config file.

say if the starttime is 10:00 AM and stop time is 12:00 Noon , i have to start the second cron job by 10:00 and kill the first cron job by 12.

i need to write a shell / perl script for this.

kindly help;

regards
rvenkam

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Monitor wont come on...

I know this may not be the right forum, but here goes. Last night I was playing my favorite game Everquest and my monitor goes blank... I was able to save out of my game and shut it down... My question is this: I thought my monitor had died but this morning I was able to get it to come back... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kelam_Magnus
6 Replies

2. Solaris

PC monitor

In order to use a regular PC monitor would I need to do any configuration changes to my Ultra 5 box running Solaris 8 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mangolinux
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor File Changes

I am trying to monitor a log file and kick of a script when a change occurs. I know I could do this with a cron job and check for differences at set intervals, but I need the script to be dynamic and notify me as soon as there is a change in the log file. If anyone knows of a way to do this please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goreb13
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looking for monitor/top

I'm new to SUN (SunOS 5.8) and I can't find any monitoring tools to check cpu, memory, disk ... performance. Previously on unix servers I have used 'top' & 'monitor' but these commands are not on the box on in the man pages. Anyone suggest equivalent commands? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pavelmac
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor: Read from the monitor

Hello, I would like to write a script that use the display as an input. In the display there is a list of file. I want to use it as an array and this would be the input in my script. Does somebody know how do I make it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mig8
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with HD monitor script

Hi, I'm new to linux and I'm trying to compile a hard drive monitoring script. I've seen a few on the internet and I've attempted to stumble through but I'm stuck at my while/do scenario. I assigned the variable NUM then took the percentage from my output and cut the % so it would be just a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: crocyson
6 Replies

7. Hardware

Fedora 16 dual monitor - dual head - automatic monitor shutdown

Hi, I am experiencing troubles with dual monitors in fedora 16. During boot time both monitors are working, but when system starts one monitor automatically shut down. It happend out of the blue. Some time before when I updated system this happend but then I booted older kernel release and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor Website

Hi all, i need to do the following, when i connect to my website it prints out "Welcome User", but sometimes there are errors like "dictionary not loaded" or "wrong user name or password" so i wanted to make a script that checks that login page, and if i get the Welcome massage do nothing,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
6 Replies

9. Infrastructure Monitoring

Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers

Sorry if this is the wrong forum Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers . This monitor tool will take as less CPU as possible , and will send info about the server to main Dashboard. The info I need is CPU / RAM / my servers status (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies
queuedefs(4)							   File Formats 						      queuedefs(4)

NAME
queuedefs - queue description file for at, batch, and cron SYNOPSIS
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs DESCRIPTION
The queuedefs file describes the characteristics of the queues managed by cron(1M). Each non-comment line in this file describes one queue. The format of the lines are as follows: q.[njobj][nicen][nwaitw] The fields in this line are: q The name of the queue. a is the default queue for jobs started by at(1); b is the default queue for jobs started by batch (see at(1)); c is the default queue for jobs run from a crontab(1) file. njob The maximum number of jobs that can be run simultaneously in that queue; if more than njob jobs are ready to run, only the first njob jobs will be run, and the others will be run as jobs that are currently running terminate. The default value is 100. nice The nice(1) value to give to all jobs in that queue that are not run with a user ID of super-user. The default value is 2. nwait The number of seconds to wait before rescheduling a job that was deferred because more than njob jobs were running in that job's queue, or because the system-wide limit of jobs executing has been reached. The default value is 60. Lines beginning with # are comments, and are ignored. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample file. # # a.4j1n b.2j2n90w This file specifies that the a queue, for at jobs, can have up to 4 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice value of 1. As no nwait value was given, if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. The b queue, for batch(1) jobs, can have up to 2 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice(1) value of 2. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, cron(1M) will wait 90 seconds before trying again to run it. All other queues can have up to 100 jobs running simultaneously; they will be run with a nice value of 2, and if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. FILES
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs queue description file for at, batch, and cron. SEE ALSO
at(1), crontab(1), nice(1), cron(1M) SunOS 5.10 1 Mar 1994 queuedefs(4)