Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Back-to-Back Connection using HBAs Post 302262788 by projects on Friday 28th of November 2008 09:21:31 PM
Old 11-28-2008
I know it's a old topic. I search for something on goolge find this.

Basicly, it's possible, FC P2Plink is part of hardware protocol, IPv4 over FC is somewhat industry standard. But may be limited by platform that if it provide software to support.

Under AIX, it's absoluted no problem.

SMIT to Enable FC Network Device
cfgmgr
smit chinet fc0, config tcpip. that's it.

When you config it, the Fibre link has to be connected, either HBA to HBA, or to FC switch or FC SAN switch.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help with back up please

Can anyone please tell me how safe is the following backup script? Does it really backing up the WHOLE system or just part of it? I do that with the system running an oracle database. Will I be able to restore the system in case of a fault? <pre> Here is the output of 'df -k' ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: guest100
11 Replies

2. HP-UX

Help about back up

Hi this is Ramana.sv new to this group, please help me about my question, i am using HP-UX11.11i with oracle 10G this server is in india and i have another server in US with same HP-UX with oracle10G, what i want is i want to rename the local database in local HP server and copy the database from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcseramana
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

back up

hi all i need to transfer files from one server to another,but i have to make up a backup with a datestamp on the destination server beore i move the new files from the source to the destination server. example source server destination server a.sun a.sun b.sun ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkan77
0 Replies

4. AIX

back to back printing in UNIX

Hi , Can you suggest me how to back to back printing in UNIX? Is there any way? Kindly advise. Regards Vijaya Amirtha Raj (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amirthraj_12
3 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

I'm back

Hi all, I used to post here years ago, and was a moderator, my old username: zazzybob. Anyway, after a few years away focusing on my career, I'm back and keener than ever to get involved in the unix.com community again. I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things, helping... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tokiwinter
11 Replies
HBA_GetBindingCapability(3HBAAPI)	      Common Fibre Channel HBA Information Library Functions		 HBA_GetBindingCapability(3HBAAPI)

NAME
HBA_GetBindingCapability, HBA_GetBindingSupport, HBA_SetBindingSupport - return and sets binding capabilities on an HBA port SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lHBAAPI [ library... ] #include <hbaapi.h> HBA_HANDLE HBA_GetBindingCapability(HBA_HANDLE handle, HBA_WWN hbaPortWWN, HBA_BIND_CAPABILITY *pFlags); HBA_STATUS HBA_GetBindingSupport(HBA_HANDLE handle, HBA_WWN hbaPortWWN, HBA_BIND_CAPABILITY *pFlags); void HBA_SetBindingSupport(HBA_HANDLE handle, HBA_WWN hbaPortWWN, HBA_BIND_CAPABILITY Flags); PARAMETERS
handle an open handle returned from HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI) hbaPortWWN the Port WWN of the local HBA through which the binding capabilities implemented by the HBA is returned pFlags a pointer to an HBA_BIND_CAPABILITY structure that returns the persistent binding capabilites implemented by the HBA Flags an HBA_BIND_CAPABILITY structure containing the persistent binding capabilites to enable for the HBA DESCRIPTION
The HBA_GetBindingCapability() function returns the binding capabilities implemented by the HBA. The HBA_GetBindingSupport() function returns the currently enabled binding capabilities for the HBA. The HBA_SetBindingSupport() function sets the currently enabled binding capabilites for the HBA to a subset of the binding capabilities implemented by the HBA. RETURN VALUES
The HBA_GetBindingCapability() and HBA_GetBindingSupport() functions return the following values: HBA_STATUS_OK Persistent binding capabilites have been returned. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_WWN Port WWN hbaPortWWN is not a WWN contained by the HBA referenced by handle. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED The HBA handle specified by handle does not support persistent binding. HBA_STATUS_ERROR An error occurred. The value of pFlags remains unchanged and points to the persistent binding capabilites. The HBA_SetBindingSupport() function returns: HBA_STATUS_OK Persistent binding capabilites have been enabled. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_WWN Port WWN hbaPortWWN is not a WWN contained by the HBA referenced by handle. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED The HBA handle specified by handle does not support persistent binding. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_INCAPABLE The flags argument contains a capability not implemented by the HBA. HBA_STATUS_ERROR An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard: FC-MI 1.92 (API | | |version 1) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | |Standard: FC-HBA Version 4 | | |(API version 2) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libhbaapi(3LIB), attributes(5) T11 FC-MI Specification SunOS 5.10 1 Sep 2003 HBA_GetBindingCapability(3HBAAPI)