Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Error message: What does it mean? Post 302262773 by mojoman on Friday 28th of November 2008 04:28:34 PM
Old 11-28-2008
Error message: What does it mean?

I get this error message in my maillog. Can someone tell me what it means?

SYSERR(root): collect: I/O error on connection from mail-05.goomba.com

I guess it means that the server could not connect to mail-06.goomba.com. Is my interpretation correct?

Any idea why it happens?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

error message

Hi All, occasionally my server gives this error messages "NOTICE:HTFS Out of inodes on HTFS dev hd (1/42)" why ?? Alice. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisev
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error Message

Hi everyone, Can anyone explain what the following error refers to...and perhaps a solution? vxfs: vx_nospace -/tmp file system full (8 block extent) Thanks, Uni (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Uni
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error message

I'm getting an error - symbol referencing errors. No output written to, etc Can anybody tell me why this is? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dan Rooney
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Error message

Hi, My Solaris 5.8 system keeps getting this error at boot - "Can't set vol root to /vol" then /usr/sbin/vold: can't set vol root to /vol: Resource temporarily unavailiable Any idea what is wrong, and how do I fix it? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghuber
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error message

Hi, My Solaris 5.8 system keeps getting this error at boot - "Can't set vol root to /vol" then /usr/sbin/vold: can't set vol root to /vol: Resource temporarily unavailiable Any idea what is wrong, and how do I fix it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghuber
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting last error message

Question for unix programmers - what function I need to used to get the exact error message when the library failed to load? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tttttt
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error message

I am new to scripting. I am using the following script . BART.dat contains the string 'Y' . #!/bin/ksh cd /work/TCI/data_out file=`cat BART.dat` echo "$file" if ; then echo "true" fi When i am executing the above script i am getting the following error ./s.ksh: : not found ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error Message

What does this means? - ERROR OPENING FILE - KEY LENGHT MISMATCH (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RDM00
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error Message

I keep getting an error message in a script im writing, this line is allways pointed out. if and this is the message i keep getting. line 32: [: 8: unary operator expected Whats wrong with it? Please Help. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chapmana
5 Replies
MONGOCONNECTIONEXCEPTION(3)						 1					       MONGOCONNECTIONEXCEPTION(3)

The MongoConnectionException class

INTRODUCTION
Thrown when the driver fails to connect to the database. There are a number of possible error messages to help you diagnose the connection problem. These are: o No candidate servers found Thrown when the driver cannot establish a connection to MongoDB (fulfilling the ReadPreferences, if specified). o No server name given. This error occurs if you pass in "" as the server name, probably because of an typo with string interpola- tion, e.g., "$servr" instead of "$server". o failed to get host [hostname] or port [portnum] from [server]. This indicated that the server string was malformed. "[hostname]" and "[portnum]" will be as much as the driver could dicipher of it. o Operation in progress Connecting to the database timed out. o Transport endpoint is not connected Generally means that the connection string isn't correct, the driver couldn't even find the database server. o couldn't determine master No server in a replica set connection was identified as the primary. o couldn't get host info for [server] This indicated that DNS could not resolve the server address you gave. This could easily be caused by a typo, for example, "server" instead of "$server". o Invalid Argument This can be caused by attempting to connect to a machine that is up but that the database isn't actually running on. Make sure that you've started the database server before connecting. o Permission denied This means that the socket could not be opened due to permissions issues. On Red Hat variants, this can be caused by a default setting that does not allow Apache to create network connections. You can override this setting by running: $ /usr/sbin/setsebool -P httpd_can_network_connect 1 If the error message is not listed above, it is probably an error from the C socket, and you can search the web for its usual cause. CLASS SYNOPSIS
MongoConnectionException MongoConnectionExceptionextends MongoException PHP Documentation Group MONGOCONNECTIONEXCEPTION(3)