Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Forking in Unix using C++
Top Forums Programming Forking in Unix using C++ Post 302262643 by TelePlayer on Friday 28th of November 2008 08:53:00 AM
Old 11-28-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by steephen
This is not the place for writing homework for others!!
First of all, the post you're referring to is 7 years old. Good work there.

Second, did you even read the post you're chastising?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TelePlayer
Well, I won't write your assignment for you, but here's how a fork goes:
I gave the poster generic code for forking a process that he probably could have found anywhere else using a web search.

Thanks for the post, though. I am appropriately humbled.

-Joe

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Forking in a loop

When I compile this C programme I get different outputs each time I run it Please explain to me whats happening in the code if you can give me a detailed explanation. Because I am stuck with this. #include <stdio.h> main(){ int i = 0; printf("I am the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manjuWicky
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Forking

When I compile this C programme I get different outputs each time I run it Please explain to me whats happening in the code if you can give me a detailed explanation with the schedular functionality it will help a lot. Because I am stuck with this. #include <stdio.h> main(){... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjuWicky
3 Replies

3. Programming

forking a new process

Hi I'm currently working with C on UNIX (HPUX) and need to be able to fork a seperate Java process from within a running C process. I can run the following code from the command line via a script but am having difficulty getting it to work from within the code. I am trying to use execl. Is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: themezzaman
4 Replies

4. Programming

forking process.

#include <stdio.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <unistd.h> int main() { pid_t pID; int i; for (i = 0; i < 3; i++) { pID = fork (); if (pID == 0) { printf ("Value of i --> %d... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymthasneem
2 Replies

5. Programming

forking within a thread

Is it safe to call fork+exec in a multithreaded application. Because In my multithreaded application, I need to execute another program in each thread. I am using solaris 10. Any suggestions pls. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: axes
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Forking with Tclsh vs Wish

Hello, I am new to this site, so sorry ahead of time if this is not the right place for this question.......anywhooooo I am having troubles with forking new processes in wish. Take the following code example: **************************** package require Tclx puts "TCL VER: " proc... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pghamami
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with forking

Hi, my $log = IO::File->new(">$log_file_name"); $log->print("date()."--\n\n\n"); sub process { my ($sub_dir, $file, $config, $log) = @_; $log->print("-- Reading $file file\n"); } my $pm = new Parallel::ForkManager($tc+1); $pm->run_on_finish( sub { my ($pid, $exit_code,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Forking and Pinging

Keep in mind that I haven't done Perl scripting for a LONG time, so I'm quite rusty. This is what I would like to do: - using fork, create 3 or 4 processes to read 3 or 4 different text documents containing server names or IP addresses - in each of those processes, Perl will ping each of those... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kooshi
7 Replies

9. Programming

Parent forking

My question is, how do you fork only the parent processes in unix? For example how would I use the fork function to fork the parent process more than once and leave the children processes alone. This way I do not have children of children. The way I have it set up now it the parent process forks 3... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TWhitt24
7 Replies

10. Programming

need help in forking

I have an input file with contents like: 5785690|68690|898809 7960789|89709|789789 7669900|87865|659708 7869098|65769|347658 so on.. I need to pass this file to 10 parallely running processes (forking)so that each line is processed by a process and no line is processed twice and write the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkrish
1 Replies
BLAZE-ADD(1)						    BlazeBlogger Documentation						      BLAZE-ADD(1)

NAME
blaze-add - adds a blog post or a page to the BlazeBlogger repository SYNOPSIS
blaze-add [-pqCPV] [-b directory] [-E editor] [-a author] [-d date] [-t title] [-k keywords] [-T tags] [-u url] [file...] blaze-add -h|-v DESCRIPTION
blaze-add adds a blog post or a page to the BlazeBlogger repository. If a file is supplied, it adds the content of that file, otherwise an external text editor is opened for you. Note that there are several special forms and placeholders that can be used in the text, and that will be replaced with a proper data when the blog is generated. Special Forms <!-- break --> A mark to delimit a blog post synopsis. Placeholders %root% A relative path to the root directory of the blog. %home% A relative path to the index page of the blog. %page[id]% A relative path to a page with the supplied id. %post[id]% A relative path to a blog post with the supplied id. %tag[name]% A relative path to a tag with the supplied name. OPTIONS
-b directory, --blogdir directory Allows you to specify a directory in which the BlazeBlogger repository is placed. The default option is a current working directory. -E editor, --editor editor Allows you to specify an external text editor. When supplied, this option overrides the relevant configuration option. -t title, --title title Allows you to specify the title of a blog post or page. -a author, --author author Allows you to specify the author of a blog post or page. -d date, --date date Allows you to specify the date of publishing of a blog post or page. -k keywords, --keywords keywords Allows you to specify a comma-separated list of keywords attached to a blog post or page. -T tags, --tags tags Allows you to supply a comma-separated list of tags attached to a blog post. -u url, --url url Allows you to specify the url of a blog post or page. Allowed characters are letters, numbers, hyphens, and underscores. -p, --page, --pages Tells blaze-add to add a page or pages. -P, --post, --posts Tells blaze-add to add a blog post or blog posts. This is the default option. -C, --no-processor Disables processing a blog post or page with an external application. For example, if you use Markdown to convert the lightweight markup language to the valid HTML output, this will enable you to write this particular post in plain HTML directly. -q, --quiet Disables displaying of unnecessary messages. -V, --verbose Enables displaying of all messages. This is the default option. -h, --help Displays usage information and exits. -v, --version Displays version information and exits. ENVIRONMENT
EDITOR Unless the core.editor option is set, BlazeBlogger tries to use system-wide settings to decide which editor to use. EXAMPLE USAGE
Write a new blog post in an external text editor: ~]$ blaze-add Add a new blog post from a file: ~]$ blaze-add new_packages.txt Successfully added the post with ID 10. Write a new page in an external text editor: ~]$ blaze-add -p Write a new page in nano: ~]$ blaze-add -p -E nano SEE ALSO
blaze-init(1), blaze-config(1), blaze-edit(1), blaze-remove(1), blaze-make(1) BUGS
To report a bug or to send a patch, please, add a new issue to the bug tracker at <http://code.google.com/p/blazeblogger/issues/>, or visit the discussion group at <http://groups.google.com/group/blazeblogger/>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008-2011 Jaromir Hradilek This program is free software; see the source for copying conditions. It is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Version 1.2.0 2012-03-05 BLAZE-ADD(1)