Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting using if to identify proper mib for use with a cisco switch Post 302262592 by Christoph Spohr on Friday 28th of November 2008 04:48:53 AM
Old 11-28-2008
Sorry for the typos. Replace every occurence of

"$3560mib")

with

"$3560mib"

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

how to connect to Cisco switch from Ubnutu

Hi, I installed Ubnutu on my old laptop which does have COMM port, I want to connect to Cisco switch, I have Cisco cable connected to laptop. On Windows, I usually bring up "Hyper Terminal" how do I do it here? Please advice. Thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl Net::SNMP version getting info from cisco switch

I am having trouble working with SNMP module with perl. I am trying to get SNMP version of target system. I use following code to get it however it resturns error as "Argument "v6.0.1" isn't numeric in numeric lt (<) at ./chk_env_upd.pl line 447." Get load table my $resultat =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dynamax
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

cisco switch + firewall configuration upgrade

Hi experts, I need to cope configuration from one switch/firewall to another switch/firewall. I have copied running configs. The question is do I have to clear the existing configuration on the dest. devices Or can I copy it(replace) directly without clearing previous config ? If... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hernand
2 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios 3.3.1 SNMP with Cisco Switch Fails

Hello all! I am running Nagios 3.3.1 and I am trying to get it to monitor the ports on my Cisco Catalyst 3524-XL-PWR Managed Switch. But I keep getting "(Return code of 127 is out of bounds - plugin may be missing)" I have installed and compiled the plugins and the snmp services on the Ubuntu... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RossIV
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

Free Cisco Catalyst Switch Lab

I've setup my Linux system, running Scientific Linux and ser2net, as a terminal server for my Cisco switches. Logon and have fun!! telnet 72.205.54.70 49001 telnet 72.205.54.70 49002 telnet 72.205.54.70 49003 For topology and updates go to http://labswitch.blogspot.com. Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoda9999
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

Cisco 3750 Switch ASA VPN Routing

Hi,I want connect my ASA 5510 firewall to a 3750 switch with RIP routing. Unfortunately,I am having issues passing the VPN subnet through rip to the 3750.I don't understand how the routing table is populated on the ASA. Any suggestions? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ayaerlee
0 Replies
INSTR(3)						       MBK UTILITY FUNCTIONS							  INSTR(3)

NAME
instr - find an occurence of a string in a string, starting at a specified character. ORIGIN
This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Universite Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France. Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/ E-mail : alliance-users@asim.lip6.fr SYNOPSYS
#include "mut.h" char *instr(s, find, from) char *s, *find, from; PARAMETERS
s Pointer to the string to be searched for the pattern find Pointer to the string to be found, the pattern from Character to be searched backwards before searching for the pattern DESCRIPTION
instr searches the first occurence of the string find in the string s, starting its search at the last occurence of the from character in the string s. If either s or find is NULL, the function returns NULL. If from is (char)0, the pattern is searched from the begining of s. This quite exotic behaviour is useful to search the occurence of a name in a string resulting from a flatten, when only a terminal object name is to be taken into account. RETURN VALUES
instr return NULL either if the pattern find is not present in the searched string s, or if one at least of these two string are NULL. If the pattern is found, a value different from NULL is returned. EXAMPLE
#include "mut.h" /* check for the pattern 'ck' anywhere in the string */ #define contains_ck(name)instr(name, "ck", ' ') /* check for the pattern 'ck' in the signal name, not instance ones */ #define isclock(ptsig) instr(getsigname(ptsig), "ck", SEPAR) SEE ALSO
mbk(1), isvdd(3), isvss(3). BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. ASIM
/LIP6 October 1, 1997 INSTR(3)