Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting convert one form of xml data to other Post 302262521 by summer_cherry on Thursday 27th of November 2008 10:00:17 PM
Old 11-27-2008
Hi,

You may need to use perl xml parse to deal with it.

purely use shell is a little bit complex

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

data form

I am user Of linux 9.0 Operating System and I had data form unix Operating system and I am not abel to open it in linux 9.0 Please tell me how can i use unix data in linux . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harsh_guru
3 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Get the data in my required form using gawk

i had the data in the following form: Branch : 3379 As On : 31-JAN-2009 Page : 1 User Id : OPER1 Date & Time : 01-FEB-2009 04:02:37 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KANNI786
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert XML to Data File in Shell Script

Hi All, I will be getting a huge XML file with a lot of records in it. I need to convert it into multiple data files. SAMPLE XML FILE <ABSProductCatalog xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> - <ProductSalesHierachy> - <Portfolios> - <Portfolio productCode="P1"> ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed help - convert a string of form ABC_DEF_GHI to AbcDefGhi

How can covert a string of form ABC_DEF_GHI to AbcDefGhi using any online command such as sed etc. ? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
3 Replies

5. Programming

help need in the perl script that create one xml file form multiple files.

Hi every one, Please excuse me if any grammatical mistakes is there. I have multiple xml files in one directory, I need to create multiple XML files into one XML file.example files like this</p> file1:bvr.xml ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: veerubiji
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

feasibility of opening a website link from unix and get a response in the form of xml or html

i just wanted to know whether is it possible to open a website link and get a response in the form of xml or html format... the website is of local network... for example something like this wget http://blahblah.samplesite.com/blachblahcblach/User/jsp/ShowPerson.jsp?empid=123456 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose Data form Different form

HI Guys, I have data in File A.txt RL03 RL03_A_1 RL03_B_1 RL03_C_1 RL03 -119.8 -119.5 -119.5 RL07 RL07_A_1 RL07_B_1 RL07_C_1 RL07 -119.3 -119.5 -119.5 RL15 RL15_A_1 RL15_C_1 RL15 -120.5 -119.4 RL16... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cgi to dump xml data from form input field

Hi All, I am trying to write a shell script which takes parse the web form find the input field and dump the data of that field into one xml file. The form looks like, <input type="button" id="btnSave" value="Save" onclick="saveXmlData()"/> <form name="submitForm"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdp
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting data in table form

Hi, I have a csv file from which i am fetching few columns as below: IFILE=/home/home1/Report1.csv OFILE=/home/home1/`date +"%m%d%y%H%M%S"`.dat if #Checks if file exists and readable then awk -F "," '(NR>4) {print $1,$6,$2,$3,$4,$5,$6}' ${IFILE} >> ${OFILE} fi cat $OFILE | mail... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
7 Replies
STAG-PARSE(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    STAG-PARSE(1p)

NAME
stag-parse - parses a file and fires events (e.g. sxpr to xml) SYNOPSIS
# convert XML to IText stag-parse -p xml -w itext file1.xml file2.xml # use a custom parser/generator and a custom writer/generator stag-parse -p MyMod::MyParser -w MyMod::MyWriter file.txt DESCRIPTION
script wrapper for the Data::Stag modules feeds in files into a parser object that generates nestarray events, and feeds the events into a handler/writer class ARGUMENTS
-p|parser FORMAT FORMAT is one of xml, sxpr or itext, or the name of a perl module this is the class that parsers the input file(s) and generates stag events xml assumed as default -w|writer FORMAT FORMAT is one of xml, sxpr or itext, or the name of a perl module this is the class that catches the events thrown by the parser; it can be any class, but the class is typically a writer xml assumed as default -o|out FILE the writer will use this file (defaults to STDOUT) -e|errf FILE file to store parse error handler output -errhandler FORMAT/MODULE FORMAT is one of xml, sxpr or itext, or the name of a perl module all parse error events go to this module -r|root NODE_NAME if this is specified, NODE_NAME becomes the root of the stag tree, and anything that was previously the root is placed below this. this happens automatically if more than one file is parsed (because there can only be one tree root) -color Works only if the output handler is able to provide ASCII-colors (currently supported for itext and xml) SEE ALSO
Data::Stag This script is a wrapper for the method Data::Stag->parse() perl v5.10.0 2008-12-23 STAG-PARSE(1p)