Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: rpc bind not working
Operating Systems Solaris rpc bind not working Post 302262418 by callmebob on Thursday 27th of November 2008 08:34:38 AM
Old 11-27-2008
Used svcs -xv, points me towards the log file which just tells me exit status one. Original post is the error msg from the log.

Anymore ideas anyone?

Looking on google, lots of people seem to have the problem, but no one seems to fix it

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

rpc bind issue

Hi all, I am using Solaris 10 OS on X86 platform. Long back i tried to configure DHCP server on my system but because of rpc-bind, total went in vein.Even now i am unable to access even USB also. When i tried to look for "volfs" service it was offline because one of its dependant... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vvpotugunta
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Disable RPC Bind

I would like to disable RPC bind permanently since I am not going to use rpc bind to network to any other machines. How do I do this so I can stop getting all these error messages? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
3 Replies

3. Solaris

RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out

while i trying to mount from NAS i have this messages mount -F nfs -o rw 172.16.110.13:/tremabkup /tremabkup nfs mount: 172.16.110.13: : RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out nfs mount: retrying: /tremabkup nfs mount: 172.16.110.13: : RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out nfs mount:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
2 Replies

4. Solaris

RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out error (solaris)

C: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out error (solaris) hello an nfs server on my sun fire v440 is not responding , i get the error bellow and lots of my networking services are not reponding, please helppppp its an emergency RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out i also get NFS server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: feg
2 Replies

5. Solaris

rpc/bind maintanance error

My code Hi Folks, I am getting maintanance error for rpc/bind in one of solaris 10 server.I have tried disable,enabled,cleared all options and dont no how to make online.Please help me Please find the below for details :- Server1> svcs -a rpc/bind svcs: -a ignored when used with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: susindram
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Split DNS not working with Bind-9.7

Hi All, Distros of machines : RHEL6 Bind Vesrion : Bind-9.7-3.2 I am trying to set up a test DNS for my home network. I have two rhel 6 machines A and B. Machine A has 2 NICs and is acting as a router also, one NIC is facing intranet and the otehr is facing intranet. On machine A i have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohit Bhanot
0 Replies

7. Solaris

nfs mount: RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out

Fails to mount the server (10.125.224.22) during installation of a software on client, throwing the below error: nfs mount: 10.125.224.22: : RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out nfs mount: retrying: /cdrom This happened after complete shutdown of the lab. The server came up fine but most... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frintocf
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Bind 9.9.2 not working

Hello friends Internet query not working anymore with bind , i am not using forwarder dns server . 1. resolv.conf file => search local.server nameserver 127.0.0.1 2. named.conf file => // // named.conf // // Provided by Red Hat bind package to configure the ISC BIND named(8) DNS... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rink
8 Replies

9. Solaris

RPC bind service in maintenance mode

Hi, I have an issue with RPC bind service and its failing with status 1. any help would be much appreciated. THanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yakub Humami
2 Replies
GIT-FMT-MERGE-MSG(1)						    Git Manual						      GIT-FMT-MERGE-MSG(1)

NAME
git-fmt-merge-msg - Produce a merge commit message SYNOPSIS
git fmt-merge-msg [-m <message>] [--log[=<n>] | --no-log] git fmt-merge-msg [-m <message>] [--log[=<n>] | --no-log] -F <file> DESCRIPTION
Takes the list of merged objects on stdin and produces a suitable commit message to be used for the merge commit, usually to be passed as the <merge-message> argument of git merge. This command is intended mostly for internal use by scripts automatically invoking git merge. OPTIONS
--log[=<n>] In addition to branch names, populate the log message with one-line descriptions from the actual commits that are being merged. At most <n> commits from each merge parent will be used (20 if <n> is omitted). This overrides the merge.log configuration variable. --no-log Do not list one-line descriptions from the actual commits being merged. --[no-]summary Synonyms to --log and --no-log; these are deprecated and will be removed in the future. -m <message>, --message <message> Use <message> instead of the branch names for the first line of the log message. For use with --log. -F <file>, --file <file> Take the list of merged objects from <file> instead of stdin. CONFIGURATION
merge.branchdesc In addition to branch names, populate the log message with the branch description text associated with them. Defaults to false. merge.log In addition to branch names, populate the log message with at most the specified number of one-line descriptions from the actual commits that are being merged. Defaults to false, and true is a synonym for 20. merge.summary Synonym to merge.log; this is deprecated and will be removed in the future. EXAMPLE
$ git fetch origin master $ git fmt-merge-msg --log <$GIT_DIR/FETCH_HEAD Print a log message describing a merge of the "master" branch from the "origin" remote. SEE ALSO
git-merge(1) GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 2.17.1 10/05/2018 GIT-FMT-MERGE-MSG(1)