Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How should i know that the process is still processing data Post 302262380 by ali560045 on Thursday 27th of November 2008 06:04:38 AM
Old 11-27-2008
when i give the below command , it showing error

ps -p 1482944 -eo pcpu,time,s,pid,comm

error:

ps: invalid list with -o.
Usage: ps [-ANPaedfklmMZ] [-n namelist] [-F Format] [-o specifier[=header],...]
[-p proclist][-G|-g grouplist] [-t termlist] [-U|-u userlist] [-c classlist] [ -T pid] [ -L pidlist]
Usage: ps [aceglnsuvwxUX] [t tty] [ProcessNumber]

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

data processing

hi i am having a file of following kind: 20015#67143645#143123#4214 62014#67143148#67143159#456 15432#67143568#00143862#4632 54112#67143752#0067143657#143 54623#67143357#167215#34531 65446#67143785#143598#7456 75642#67143546#156146#845 24464#67143465#172532#6544... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Data File Processing Help

I need to read contents of directory and create a list of data files that match a certain pattern and process by renaming it and calling a existing .ksh script then archiving off to file another directory. Any suggestions or samples u could point me to on using .ksh perl or other to process... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mavsman
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

a dummy question on data processing

Hi, everyone, I have a matrix, let's say: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 7 8 9 1 2 3 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... ......... (nxm matrix) Is there a simple command that can take certain specific rows out of the matrix? e.g., I want to take row 2 (4 5 6 7 8 9 ...) and row 4 (3 4 5 6 7 8... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaixinsjtu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing different jobs as a batch process

Hi All, I want to process consecutive jobs in a sequence but when I execute 1 job ,the control does not return to the command prompt to continue with the next job. Can anyone help me here? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Taranjeet Singh
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with data processing, maybe awk

I have a file, first 5 columns are very normal, like "1107",106027,71400,"Y","BIOLOGY",, however, the 6th columns, the user can put comments, anything, just any characters, like new line, double quote, single quote, whatever from the keyboard, like"Please load my previous SOM597G course content in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freelong
3 Replies

6. Programming

Data processing

Hello guys! I have some issue in how to processing some data. I have some files with 3 columns. The 1st column is a name of my sample. The 2nd column is a numerical sequence (very big sequence) starting from "1". And the 3rd column is a feature of each line, represented for a number (completely... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bfantinatti
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Genomic data processing

Dear fellow members, I've just joined the forum and am a newbie to shell scripting and programming. I'm stuck on the following problem. I'm working with large scale genomic data and need to do some analyses on it. Essentially it is text processing problem, so please don't mind the scientific... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvaishnav
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data processing using awk

Hello, I have some bitrate data in a csv which is in an odd format and is difficult to process in Excel when I have thousands of rows. Therefore, I was thinking of doing this in bash and using awk as the primary application except that due to its complication, I'm a little stuck. ... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadyuk
24 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data Processing

I have below Data *************************************************** ********************BEGINNING-1******************** directive url is : https://coursera-eu.mokar.com/directives/96df29ff-176a-35f7-8b1b-4ce483d15762 Src urls are :... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
8 Replies
PIDOF(8)						Linux System Administrator's Manual						  PIDOF(8)

NAME
pidof -- find the process ID of a running program. SYNOPSIS
pidof [-s] [-c] [-n] [-x] [-o omitpid[,omitpid..]] [-o omitpid[,omitpid..]..] program [program..] DESCRIPTION
Pidof finds the process id's (pids) of the named programs. It prints those id's on the standard output. This program is on some systems used in run-level change scripts, especially when the system has a System-V like rc structure. In that case these scripts are located in /etc/rc?.d, where ? is the runlevel. If the system has a start-stop-daemon (8) program that should be used instead. OPTIONS
-s Single shot - this instructs the program to only return one pid. -c Only return process ids that are running with the same root directory. This option is ignored for non-root users, as they will be unable to check the current root directory of processes they do not own. -n Avoid stat(2) system function call on all binaries which are located on network based file systems like NFS. Instead of using this option the the variable PIDOF_NETFS may be set and exported. -x Scripts too - this causes the program to also return process id's of shells running the named scripts. -o omitpid Tells pidof to omit processes with that process id. The special pid %PPID can be used to name the parent process of the pidof pro- gram, in other words the calling shell or shell script. EXIT STATUS
0 At least one program was found with the requested name. 1 No program was found with the requested name. NOTES
pidof is actually the same program as killall5; the program behaves according to the name under which it is called. When pidof is invoked with a full pathname to the program it should find the pid of, it is reasonably safe. Otherwise it is possible that it returns pids of running programs that happen to have the same name as the program you're after but are actually other programs. Note that that the executable name of running processes is calculated with readlink(2), so symbolic links to executables will also match. SEE ALSO
shutdown(8), init(8), halt(8), reboot(8), killall5(8) AUTHOR
Miquel van Smoorenburg, miquels@cistron.nl 01 Sep 1998 PIDOF(8)