Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX used PPs not match the total disk space showed by df Post 302262288 by victorcheung on Thursday 27th of November 2008 02:12:25 AM
Old 11-27-2008
Hi Zaxxon,

You are correct, we are rootvg mirrored .

Thanks!
Victor

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Install a new disk - i'm a total novice

Hi, This is the last of my two questions. Unfortunately i'm a total unix/solaris novice and our current solaris project has landed on my lap!! Sorry to bother you all!!! I currently have a solaris 7 system with two IDE disks in it. I need to add a third disk and install another version of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AJD
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

df+du=Total space allocated(for a file system)

Hi All, Will df+du=Total space allocted for a file system?? Is the above correct. Please correct me If iam wrong. In one my programs the above is not happening. Please help me out. Many thanks. Regards, Manas (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas6
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Total space Determination

Hi experts, # df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/hda9 3.8G 1.7G 2.0G 46% / none 369M 0 369M 0% /dev/shm /dev/hda10 2.0G 33M 1.8G 2% /tmp /dev/hda12 1.4G 1.2G 260M 82% /usr I used df -h... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: William1482
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching keyword

Good afternoon! Im new at scripting and Im trying to write a script to calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching a keyword (in this one we will use keyword virginia). Please dont be mean or harsh, like I said Im new and trying my best. Scripting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
4 Replies

5. Solaris

swap size, total disk space

Hi experts, In my solaris system when i run the command df -h i got the below response.I have some confusion which i want to share with you guys.1)there are two SWAP file system shows are they same or different?2)if i want to count the total disk space should i take both the swap space or only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafiassam
2 Replies

6. Solaris

command to get the total disk space (available + free)

is there a command to get the total disk space (available + free) on the solaris server ? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhiroracle
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to check total disk usage ?

Hi.. What is the command to check total disk usage for specific directory in MG/GB/Byte ? As example i want to check disk usage for directory pproc ? Please help me.. Thank you, Baharin (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bh_hensem
3 Replies

8. AIX

Topas total Disk Busy %

Hi Everyone, anyone know how to derive the value for the total disk busy % (shown in topas ) ? Thanks. Best Regards, ckwan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ckwan
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Problem in getting total Disk space using iostat -En command

Hi Everyone, I try to calculate the total hard disk space of a solaris machine using iostat -En command. Iterating the output and summing up all the number present near the Size: will give the exact size of the harddisk. But it is not working for a machine. This command works in many flavors... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasankn
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Total storage space and Serial number

Hi, Could you please tell me the commands to find Total storage space and Serial number of Linux server. OS -- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.6 (Santiago) This is 2 node cluster. Regards, Maddy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
1 Replies
volrootmir(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     volrootmir(8)

NAME
volrootmir - Mirror areas necessary for booting to a new disk SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/volrootmir [-a] [nconfig=count] target_disk [swap=target_partition] OPTIONS
Specifies that all volumes on the system disk be mirrored, not just the root and swap volumes, rootvol and swapvol. DESCRIPTION
The volrootmir script causes a mirror copy of areas of the root disk involved in booting to be made on the specified target disk. When used without the -a option, volrootmir adds mirrors of the root and swap volumes and allocates them on the new disk. In addition, all disk regions required for booting are set up and partitions for the new volume mirrors are created. When used with the -a option, volrootmir mirrors all in-use partitions on the system disk. To mirror a swap volume that is on a separate disk from the root volume, the swap attribute must be used to specify a separate target for the swap mirror. The target disk(s) must be at least as large as the sum of the sizes of rootvol and swapvol. Also, the physical disk should not have any disk partition in use. This script can be called from the voldiskadm menus by choosing the Mirror volumes on a disk operation. ATTRIBUTES
Specifies the number of log copies and copies of the configuration database, for example, nconfig=2. Specifies that the swap volume, swapvol, be mirrored on a separate disk, as specified by target_partition. EXAMPLES
The following command mirrors the rootvol and swapvol volumes onto the target disk, dsk3. This command will fail if swapvol is on a differ- ent disk from rootvol. # volrootmir dsk3 The following command mirrors rootvol, swapvol, and any other volumes on the root disk onto the target disk, dsk3. This command will fail if swapvol is on a different disk from rootvol. # volrootmir -a dsk3 The following command mirrors rootvol on disk dsk3, swapvol onto partition dsk7d, and any other volumes on the root disk onto disk dsk3. This command will fail if swapvol is on the same disk as rootvol. # volrootmir -a dsk3 swap=dsk7d The following command mirrors rootvol onto disk dsk3 and swapvol onto partition dsk7d. This command will fail if swapvol is on the same disk as rootvol. # volrootmir dsk3 swap=dsk7d SEE ALSO
volintro(8), voldiskadm(8) volrootmir(8)