Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Copy Paste in VNC Viewer
Operating Systems Linux Copy Paste in VNC Viewer Post 302262287 by rakeshgupta on Thursday 27th of November 2008 02:12:10 AM
Old 11-27-2008
Hi Reborg, thanks for reply. Can u be little more specific... Do I need to make an entry in the config file for opening an xterm window.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

maximized vnc viewer

I would like the vnc viewer to be maxized when it is launched. How to implement this. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cy163
0 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

2 questions about VNC viewer

I am using VNC Viewer 4.0 in my windows enviornment. The questions are: 1. how do you switch the applications in VNC enviornment? ALT-tab doesn't work since it just switchs among VNC viewer itself and other windows applications. 2. how to copy/paste the texts from VNC enviornemnt to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: princelinux
1 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

VNC copy paste problem

Hi, Am unable to cut & paste between the VNC windows client and local Windows machine. In few VNC windows client, i was able to do. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: param_it
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem setting display using vnc viewer

Hi All, I am having a linux machine and i used to work on this machine either directly or by using vncviewer from my windows machine. So everytime i launch new terminal on my vnc view i need to set DISPLAY. So i added the following code in my .cshrc if ($?VNCDESKTOP == 1) then setenv... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
1 Replies

5. Solaris

VNC viewer problem

hi all i cant connect to vnc viewer ... when i try it showing follwing error message write/select : connection aborted (10053) Do you wish to attempt to reconnect to 1##.2##.###.1# # help me any one solved before this problem (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolboys
3 Replies
vncpasswd(1)						     Virtual Network Computing						      vncpasswd(1)

NAME
vncpasswd - change a VNC password SYNOPSIS
vncpasswd [passwd-file] DESCRIPTION
vncpasswd allows you to set the password used to access VNC desktops. It stores an obfuscated version of the password in the given file (default $HOME/.vnc/passwd). The vncserver script runs vncpasswd the first time you start a VNC desktop, and invokes Xvnc with the appro- priate -rfbauth option. vncviewer can also be given a password file to use via the -passwd option. The password must be at least six characters long, and only the first eight characters are significant. Note that the stored password is not encrypted securely - anyone who has access to this file can trivially find out the plaintext password, so vncpasswd always sets appro- priate permissions (read and write only by the owner). However, when accessing a VNC desktop a challenge-response mechanism is used over the wire making it hard for anyone to crack the password simply by snooping on the network. FILES
$HOME/.vnc/passwd Default location of the VNC password file. SEE ALSO
vncviewer(1), vncserver(1), Xvnc(1) vncconfig(1), http://www.realvnc.com AUTHOR
Tristan Richardson, RealVNC Ltd. VNC was originally developed by the RealVNC team while at Olivetti Research Ltd / AT&T Laboratories Cambridge. It is now being maintained by RealVNC Ltd. See http://www.realvnc.com for details. RealVNC Ltd 03 Mar 2005 vncpasswd(1)