Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to modify a file of different username through script. Post 302262269 by dashok.83 on Wednesday 26th of November 2008 11:17:40 PM
Old 11-27-2008
Thanks you for replying.

But I dont want the script to prompt for password. I dont mind hard-coded the password .

The purpose , I have a file and I dont want anybody to modify it except me. In this case my script.

Did I make myself clear.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify script to generate a log file

I've seen several examples of scripts in thise forum about having a script generate a log file. I have a script that is run from cron and that monitors a file system for a specfic filename(s) and then performs some actions on them. Normally I call this script from another script (which the one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heprox
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to modify a file using shell script

Hi, i am using SuonOS and ksh. i need to add data into a file(s.txt) using a shell script. i have to pass 3 parameters and these 3 paramaters should add into the file at end of the file. File s.txt is look like, --------------------------------- column1|column2|column3 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syamkp
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to modify the contents of file using script

Hi, Can anyone pls let me know how can i modify the file contents thru script. Eg. I have file abc.dat that contains below lines Merge.resync.cycleFlag Merge.resync.logFlag Merge.resync.maxByteRate Merge.resync.maxSearch Merge.resync.rate Merge.resync.tickLog ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modify the max username length

Hey Any one... Do u know any way I can modify the max username length in unix? I guess it is 32/64 characters by default. Suppose I want to increase it to 128. i hav tried /etc/skel but no use... How can I do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MayureshRisbud
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get username of last user to modify a file

Possible to get this? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevensw
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify text file using shell script

Hi, I have a text file which is following format - COL VAL ABC 1 ABC 2 ABC 3 ABC 4 ABC 5 My requirement is to search for a particular value (provided by user) in the file and comment the previous entries including that as well. E.g. If I search for number 3, then the output... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhupinder08
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to modify file in several directories

Hi, I want a script shell to automate modifying httpd.conf file for several instances of apache, save httpd.file before changing it, after modifying it and then restart apache. - Replace ServerRoot "xxxx" by ServerRoot "yyyy" of all directories : "... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bras39
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify the file by script

Hi All, I have an input file like below, 6984 1225 6989 1220 6994 1214 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify the text file by script

Hi All the Helpers! I have a text file which looks like input.txt.I would request to please suggest me how can I make this file look like output.txt input.txt VOP 111 0 1 2 DEM 111 0 222 333 444 555 879 888 987 888 989 VOP 118 0... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

modify the test file by any script

Hi All the Helpers! I have a text file which looks like input.txt.I would request to please suggest me how can I make this file look like output.txt input.txt VOP 111 0 1 2 DEM 111 0 222 333 444 555 DEM 879 888 987 888 989 DEM 879 888 987 888 989 VOP 118 0 12 3 6... (7 Replies)
7 Replies
PTREPACK(1)						      General Commands Manual						       PTREPACK(1)

NAME
ptrepack - Copy any PyTables Leaf, Group or complete subtree into another file. SYNOPSIS
ptrepack -h -v -o -R start,stop,step --non-recursive --dest-title=title --dont-copyuser-attrs --overwrite-nodes --complevel=(0-9) --com- plib=lib --shuffle=(0|1) --fletcher32=(0|1) --keep-source-filters --upgrade-flavors --dont-regenerate-old-indexes sourcefile:sourcegroup destfile:destgroup DESCRIPTION
Copy any Leaf, Group or complete subtree from a PyTables file into another file. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -h Prints a help text. -v Show more information. -o Overwite destination file. -R RANGE Select a RANGE of rows in the form start,stop,step during the copy of all the leaves. --non-recursive Do not do a recursive copy. Default is to do it. --dest-title=title Title for the new file (if not specified, the source is copied). --dont-copy-userattrs Do not copy the user attrs (default is to do it). --overwrite-nodes Overwrite destination nodes if they exist. Default is not to overwrite them. --complevel=(0-9) Set a compression level (0 for no compression, which is the default). --complib=lib Set the compression library to be used during the copy. lib can be set to "zlib", "lzo", "ucl" or "bzip2". Defaults to "zlib". --shuffle=(0|1) Activate or not the shuffling filter (default is active if complevel>0). --fletcher32=(0|1) Whether to activate or not the fletcher32 filter (not active by default). --keep-source-filters Use the original filters in source files. The default is not doing that if any of --complevel, --complib, --shuffle or --fletcher32 option is specified. --upgrade-flavors When repacking PyTables 1.x files, the flavor of leaves will be unset. With this, such a leaves will be serialized as objects with the internal flavor ("numpy" for 2.x series). --dont-regenerate-old-indexes Disable regenerating old indexes. The default is to regenerate old indexes as they are found. SEE ALSO
ptdump(1). These utilities are documented fully by PyTables user's manual. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Francesc Altet <faltet@carabos.com>. July 7, 2007 PTREPACK(1)