Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Issue on sending a mail with attachment using unix script ? Post 302262216 by gksenthilkumar on Wednesday 26th of November 2008 04:00:23 PM
Old 11-26-2008
Issue on sending a mail with attachment using unix script ?

Issue on sending a mail with attachment using unix script ?

Below is my code and is working fine and there is a issue in the attachment, the attachment file printing as a text-encripted message in the mail draft box instead of putting as a attachment
(cat $msg; uuencode $attach1 in1.txt ; uuencode $attach2 in2.txt ) | mailx -s "subject" mail_addr@domain.com

here $msg mail draft/text file with path
$attach1 & $attach2 are attachment file with path

please help!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending attachment thru a mail

Is there any way we can send file attachemnts through mails from a unix server. Does the 'mail' command have such an option ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rohini Vijay
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix:mail sending issue..pls help me soon

Hi people Can u help me aorund on this cat $DISTRIBUTION_LIST | tail -1 | read mailtolist test -s $INOVOICES.dat if then echo " Sales Report generted" | read subject mailx -ms "${subject}." $mailtolist RET_CODE=$? if ; then echo "Messaging Failed." >> $LOG_FILE exit 1 fi else... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobprabhu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in Sending mail as an attachment

Hi, I need to send a email as a txt file and i used the commands, (echo `echo $EMAIL_MSG` ; uuencode "file.txt" "file.txt" ) | mailx -s "$EMAIL_SUBJECT" "$EMAIL_ID" I received email with a attachment with all data but i get all of them in one row. For example: If file.txt contains value... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skcvasanth
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sending mail with attachment

Hi, I am using Sun solaris OS unix server I am trying to send mail with an attachment using below script cat test.txt;uuencode test.txt test.txt|mailx -s "$subject" someone@somewhere I m getting mails but with no attachment. Hence i manipulate the script as below and i am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending mail in UNIX with body and attachment(.txt) using sendmail command

Hi All, In my .ksh script, I am sending an email with body and attachment (.txt) using sendmail command. I am able to receive the attachement along with the body of the mail. But I am getting special characters along with the content in the .txt. Also the alignment is incorrect. Can you please... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: KRR
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in sending mail with attachment

Hi Team, I have written the following code snippet to send mail with attachment to recipient. But I am getting mail with attachment. But the file is empty. All the 3 Attachment* size is more than 80KB. Not sure what is wrong in the command. MSG_BODY1="hi" LOG_FILE="a/b/c/log1.log"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in sending html mail with attachment

Hi Everyone, I am facing problems in sending html mail with attachemnt. I will able to send mail with attachment (plain text ) using mailx -s and uuencode command and also html mail without attachment using sendmail option. However I am not able to send html mail along with attachment.Either... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik adiga
2 Replies

8. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Sending a mail with different attachment in AIX

How to Send a mail with multiple attachment also differenet extension using uuencode in AIX. Can you please help me. Its so urgent. Thanks. Regards, Swapnil ---------- Post updated at 05:37 AM ---------- Previous update was at 05:35 AM ---------- I have below code. But attachment... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Swapnil Mawle
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending a mail with different attachment in AIX

How to Send a mail with multiple attachment also differenet extension using uuencode in AIX. Can you please help me. --------------------------------------------------------- I have below code. But attachment not been attached. (cat /aceapp/QATD011R4/ace.ofac/testofac/results/;uuencode... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Swapnil Mawle
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

A shell script for checking the last image and sending it in attachment to mail

Hello every one. I use mutt : "mpack -s "Test" /home/pi/Pictures/2018-10-05_23_10_40.jpg my_email_addres " to send me a particular picture with the name of the data+jpg in a pictures folder, but this folder I use it for a timelapse proyect with more pictures , and what I need is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxbcn
2 Replies
LR_GETBODY.IN(1)					  LogReport's Lire Documentation					  LR_GETBODY.IN(1)

NAME
lr_getbody - Extract file, sender and subject information from an email SYNOPSIS
eval `lr_getbody [-c content-type] <messagefile>` DESCRIPTION
lr_getbody reads an email message on stdin (or specified as argument), will extract the submitter address and the subject from that email. It will also extract the biggest attachment or the first one having a content-type matching the content-type argument. This information is passed to the caller by printing that information in a format suitable for eval. The following variable will be printed on STDOUT: lr_getbody_SUBMITTER Email address of the submitter. That is the first email that is found in the headers (searched in the following order): Reply-To, From, Sender. This will only contains the address portion (without the <>). lr_getbody_TO The email address to which the email was sent. lr_getbody_SUBJECT Subject of the message. That string is sanitized. lr_getbody_DATE The date of the message. That string is sanitized. lr_getbody_FILE Path to the temporary file holding the found attachment. lr_getbody_OK This will be set if the operation was completed successfully. It is possible for lr_getbody to fail to extract the attachment, but the header information might still be available. This script is used by lr_processmail(1) and lr_rawmail2mail(1). VERSION
$Id: lr_getbody.in,v 1.10 2006/07/23 13:16:33 vanbaal Exp $ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Stichting LogReport Foundation LogReport@LogReport.org This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. AUTHOR
Francis J. Lacoste <flacoste@logreport.org> Lire 2.1.1 2006-07-23 LR_GETBODY.IN(1)