Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to modify a file of different username through script. Post 302262132 by dashok.83 on Wednesday 26th of November 2008 11:56:14 AM
Old 11-26-2008
Need to modify a file of different username through script.

Hi ! All

I want to write a script where, it will open a new shell with a
username / pwd and modify a file of same username and exit.

example:

1. UserA
2. UserB- FileB

ScriptA -> su UserB -> Modify FileB -> Exit ScriptA

Can somebody give me a direction , on how to approach.

I did do some search in the forum, All were talking about Expect , Sudo .. etc.
Please help.
Thanks in advance. !!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify script to generate a log file

I've seen several examples of scripts in thise forum about having a script generate a log file. I have a script that is run from cron and that monitors a file system for a specfic filename(s) and then performs some actions on them. Normally I call this script from another script (which the one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heprox
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to modify a file using shell script

Hi, i am using SuonOS and ksh. i need to add data into a file(s.txt) using a shell script. i have to pass 3 parameters and these 3 paramaters should add into the file at end of the file. File s.txt is look like, --------------------------------- column1|column2|column3 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syamkp
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to modify the contents of file using script

Hi, Can anyone pls let me know how can i modify the file contents thru script. Eg. I have file abc.dat that contains below lines Merge.resync.cycleFlag Merge.resync.logFlag Merge.resync.maxByteRate Merge.resync.maxSearch Merge.resync.rate Merge.resync.tickLog ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modify the max username length

Hey Any one... Do u know any way I can modify the max username length in unix? I guess it is 32/64 characters by default. Suppose I want to increase it to 128. i hav tried /etc/skel but no use... How can I do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MayureshRisbud
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get username of last user to modify a file

Possible to get this? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevensw
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify text file using shell script

Hi, I have a text file which is following format - COL VAL ABC 1 ABC 2 ABC 3 ABC 4 ABC 5 My requirement is to search for a particular value (provided by user) in the file and comment the previous entries including that as well. E.g. If I search for number 3, then the output... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhupinder08
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to modify file in several directories

Hi, I want a script shell to automate modifying httpd.conf file for several instances of apache, save httpd.file before changing it, after modifying it and then restart apache. - Replace ServerRoot "xxxx" by ServerRoot "yyyy" of all directories : "... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bras39
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify the file by script

Hi All, I have an input file like below, 6984 1225 6989 1220 6994 1214 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify the text file by script

Hi All the Helpers! I have a text file which looks like input.txt.I would request to please suggest me how can I make this file look like output.txt input.txt VOP 111 0 1 2 DEM 111 0 222 333 444 555 879 888 987 888 989 VOP 118 0... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

modify the test file by any script

Hi All the Helpers! I have a text file which looks like input.txt.I would request to please suggest me how can I make this file look like output.txt input.txt VOP 111 0 1 2 DEM 111 0 222 333 444 555 DEM 879 888 987 888 989 DEM 879 888 987 888 989 VOP 118 0 12 3 6... (7 Replies)
7 Replies
COLORGCCRC(5)							File Formats Manual						     COLORGCCRC(5)

NAME
colorgccrc - configuration file for colorgcc DESCRIPTION
A colorgccrc configuration file is used to configure the highlighting of the compiler output from colorgcc. SYNTAX
Each line consists of a keyword designating a configuration variable. The keyword is followed by `:' and then one or several values (depending on the keyword). Lines beginning with a hash mark `#' are comments. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
g++ | gcc | c++ | cc | g77 | gcj | gnat | gpc Specifies the paths to the compilers. Takes one value; a path to the compiler. nocolor Specifies what terminal types colorization should be disabled on. Takes one or several values, separated by whitespace. srcColor Specifies the highlighting attributes source-code should be given. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. introColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for normal compiler output. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningFileNameColor | errorFileNameColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the filename in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningNumberColor | errorNumberColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the line-number in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningMessageColor | errorMessageColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the message-text in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. COLOR ATTRIBUTES
The following attributes are valid for highlighting. clear, reset bold, underline, underscore, blink, reverse, concealed black, red, green, yellow, blue, magenta, cyan, white on_black, on_red, on_green, on_yellow, on_blue, on_magenta, on_cyan, on_white SEE ALSO
gcc(1), colorgcc(1) HISTORY
Jan 15 2003: Initial version of this manual-page. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <jmoyers@geeks.com> AUTHORS
Jamie Moyers <jmoyers@geeks.com> is the author of colorgcc. This manual page was written by Joe Wreschnig <piman@sacredchao.net>, and modified by David Weinehall <tao@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Jamie Moyers This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Jan 15, 2003 COLORGCCRC(5)