Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Compare Array results
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compare Array results Post 302262090 by yoavbe on Wednesday 26th of November 2008 10:14:25 AM
Old 11-26-2008
Compare Array

Hi joeyg,

The values are not stored in a file, they are stored inside an Array.
I need to compare the arraies values , and create new array based on the unmached values.

Thank Again

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Results of command execution into array

Hi Can anybody tell me how can I dump the results of execution of a command into array form? For example, I want to execute: and put each part of the result in an array element: Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alirezan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

variable getting results from a log file; compare it in an IF cycle

Hi All I am going crazy trying to resolve this easy task.... I have a log file that is created by xcode; and it contains the results of a build (either success or fail); what i am trying to achieve here is to get the result from the log, and check if is a pass or fail in an IF statement, so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbiez
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script compare all parameters in two files and display results

Hi , I am not familiar with shell programming. I have a requirement like i have two files .I need to compare the two files by comparing each parameter and i should produce 2 outputs. 1)i have around 35 parameters say i have one parameter name called db_name=dcap in one file and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding results of a find to an array

I'm trying to add the paths of all the xml files in certain directories to an array. I want to use the array later in my code. Anyway, for some reason this isn't working. Any help would be appreciated. Path_Counter=0 for result in "find * -name '*.xml'"; do XmlPath="$result" echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fly_Moe
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare two value in array - Perl

Hi, I just wondering if I want to compare previous value to next value if it same count + 1 if not doesn't count how do we compare in Perl? Thank (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guidely
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare two array

Hi firnds, I am having two arrays eg. @a=qw(1 2 3 4) and @b=qw(1 3 6 9) Now, I want to compare two arrays on first index of both arrays and if they matched, it should output remaining indexes Pseudo-code if ($a == $b) { print "remaining indexes";} How can i do this using perl? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Renesh
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare file to array, replace with corresponding second array

ok, so here is the issue, I have 2 arrays. I need to be able to create a loop that will find ${ARRAY1 in the text doc, and replace it with ${ARRAY2 then write the results. I already have that working. The problem is, I need it to do that same result across however many items are in the 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gentlefury
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing the SQL results in array variables

Requirement 1) I need to execute 15 SQL queries in oracle through linux script. All these query results needs to be stored in array variables. Requirement 2) And these 15 queries needs to be executed in parallel. Requirement 3) Once all the queries executed then the shell script should... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Niranjancse
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append awk results into file or array

for a in {1..100} do awk '{ sum+=$a} END {print sum}' a=$a file1 > file2 done I know I will get only one number if following the code above, how can I get 100 sum numbers in file2? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wanliushao
2 Replies

10. Programming

Results Of A Variable Into An Array Using C Language

Can C add its results into an array like bash? For example using bash: cat /etc/passwd **truncated for space ** gdm:x:109:118:Gnome Display Manager:/var/lib/gdm:/bin/false mysql:x:110:122:MySQL Server,,,:/nonexistent:/bin/false statd:x:111:65534::/var/lib/nfs:/bin/false... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
5 Replies
Tie::Array::Sorted(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Tie::Array::Sorted(3pm)

NAME
Tie::Array::Sorted - An array which is kept sorted SYNOPSIS
use Tie::Array::Sorted; tie @a, "Tie::Array::Sorted", sub { $_[0] <=> $_[1] }; push @a, 10, 4, 7, 3, 4; print "@a"; # "3 4 4 7 10" DESCRIPTION
This presents an ordinary array, but is kept sorted. All pushes and unshifts cause the elements in question to be inserted in the appropri- ate location to maintain order. Direct stores ("$a[10] = "wibble"") effectively splice out the original value and insert the new element. It's not clear why you'd want to use direct stores like that, but this module does the right thing if you do. If you don't like the ordinary lexical comparator, you can provide your own; it should compare the two elements it is given. For instance, a numeric comparator would look like this: tie @a, "Tie::Array::Sorted", sub { $_[0] <=> $_[1] } Whereas to compare a list of files by their sizes, you'd so something like: tie @a, "Tie::Array::Sorted", sub { -s $_[0] <=> -s $_[1] } LAZY SORTING
If you do more stores than fetches, you may find Tie::Array::Sorted::Lazy more efficient. AUTHOR
Original author: Simon Cozens Current maintainer: Tony Bowden BUGS and QUERIES Please direct all correspondence regarding this module to: bug-Tie-Array-Sorted@rt.cpan.org This module was originall written as part of the Plucene project. However, as Plucene no longer uses this, it is effectively unmaintained. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2003-2006 Simon Cozens and Tony Bowden. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. perl v5.8.8 2004-10-10 Tie::Array::Sorted(3pm)