Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris rm -r does not disable interactive prompt Post 302262056 by radoulov on Wednesday 26th of November 2008 09:08:26 AM
Old 11-26-2008
OK,
so change the alias to:

Code:
alias rm='/usr/xpg4/bin/rm -i'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Interactive Mode?

:confused: Can anyone please tell me how to get into Interactive Mode? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nomad
2 Replies

2. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with Interactive / Non Interactive Shell script

Q. Write a script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode. When no arguments are supplied it picks up each C program from the directory and prints first 10 lines. It then prompts for deletion of the file. If user supplies arguments with the script , then it works on those files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rits
1 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to write script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode

Q. Write a script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode. When no arguments are supplied it picks up each C program from the directory and prints first 10 lines. It then prompts for deletion of the file. If user supplies arguments with the script , then it works on those files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rits
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to disable Enable/Disable Tab Key

Hi All, I have bash script, so what is sintax script in bash for Enable and Disable Tab Key. Thanks for your help.:( Thanks, Rico (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carnegiex
1 Replies

5. Solaris

New interactive installation

I just took delivery of an Ultra Sparc 60 box. I tried to install Solaris 10 from the cdrom by issuing the following command at ok prompt: ok boot cdrom, and I am getting an error message that says: "Boot device: /pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/disk@6,0:f File and args: can't open boot device. What am I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ijeoma
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

SSL/TLS renegotiation DoS -how to disable? Is it advisable to disable?

Hi all Expertise, I have following issue to solve, SSL / TLS Renegotiation DoS (low) 222.225.12.13 Ease of Exploitation Moderate Port 443/tcp Family Miscellaneous Following is the problem description:------------------ Description The remote service encrypts traffic using TLS / SSL and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

7. Solaris

How to disable/bypass passphrase prompt in ssh?

Hi Folks, I have setup a passwordless connection from my Linux ( source) machine toSolaris ( destination ) machine. I have added passphrase while creating the rsa key. Now problem is each time when i make a connection i have to give the passphrase to make connection. How to override this ? I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nslookup how to remove interactive prompt

I am running this command $ echo -en "set q=any\nwww.google.com\nexit\n" | nslookup | grep AAAA > > > www.google.com has AAAA address 2607:f8b0:400c:c01::93 Can someone help to remove displaying these "> " characters (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stobo
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Change the % prompt to - prompt in UNIX?

how to Change the % prompt to - prompt in unix :wall: ---------- Post updated at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:38 AM ---------- How To display the last modification time of any file in unix ---------- Post updated at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:40 AM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjiri sawant
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt

Hi, on sunfire v890 unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt, i have executed the command break. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
9 Replies