Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Printing queue in rs6000
Operating Systems AIX Printing queue in rs6000 Post 302262005 by zaxxon on Wednesday 26th of November 2008 07:04:09 AM
Old 11-26-2008
I doubt that this is normal behaviour. If it works and after that everything is continuing as normal, you maybe just get used to it.
Do you have the latest ML (Maintenance Level) installed for your OS version?
Is there anything about the printing queue etc. in the errpt?
Maybe it is an option to write down the setting for the old queues and to drop them out of the system, and reconfigure them or something like that. Not sure if you even can reinstall the packages.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Good IDE for C++ on RS6000/AIX

I am looking for the above Can anyone point me to a reliable product, with available support in the forseeable future ? Seeker (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Seeker
0 Replies

2. AIX

RS6000 SSA Raid question

Hi Can I add disks on the fly to extend the capacity of an existing RAID 5 volume? It's created on a 4P Advanced SSA Raid Adapter. I need to extend a volume group, so I figured it would be easiest to extend the "physical disk" which is a RAID5 volume. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: osee
1 Replies

3. AIX

Printing multiple copies via remote queue

Hi all, I have an interesting problem. Using remote queues to print using jetdirect printers I am unable to get a printer to print multiple copies of a print job. command being used: lpr -P -#3 ./test (one copy prints) Also tried: enq -P -C3 ./test (same results) Any ideas? ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Luck
6 Replies

4. AIX

Re-Installation of AIX 5.2 in RS6000 7026

Hi There!! I need to reinstall the operating system AIX 5.2 in a RS6000 7026/6H1 that has AIX 4.3 but I need a firmware upgrade that I dón´t know where can I obtain. - Platform firmware version 3 or later. Someone can help me please, I will be very grateful !! Thank´s. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terron79
1 Replies

5. AIX

New to AIX and got my hands on a RS6000 v.need help getting it on the network

So im fairly new to AIX and my knowledge is very, very limited but i got my hands on an RS6000 43P model and im trying to get it on the network so i can access it from work. I have pretty much tried everything i can/know how to do by reading up as much as i can but im still lost. I have the 43P... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IIIII
2 Replies

6. AIX

VNC or X Emulator on RS6000 AIX 5.2

Hello everyone, I have just joined your forum even though I have been using it on and off for couple of months now. Up until now I have been able to find any information I needed by just browsing this site or performing a Google search, but now I'm stuck!. I was hoping you could help me with... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: juniorG
16 Replies

7. AIX

Reinstalling AIX 4.3 on IBM RS6000

Hey guys, I'm a newbie in Unix world.. Currently in my office lies an old IBM RS6000 which hasn't been maintained for a very long time. The former admin has resigned and we don't have any documentation or whatsoever regarding the old machine. All I know that it is an RS6000 is because of what's... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arch4ng3l
4 Replies

8. AIX

Remote printing to Linux CUPS queue

Hello all. I am setting up a queue under AIX 4.2.1 to print to a remote Linux CUPS queue. At present I can print to the queue remotely from Windows but not AIX. What I am seeing is lpstat reads the state of the remote queue but at job submission time I am getting backend exit fatal errors. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tgx
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sco Unix printing : jobs hangs in queue - printing via lp versus hpnpf

Hi, We have a Unix 3.2v5.0.5. I installed a printer via scoadmin, HP network printer manager with network peripheral name (hostname and ipadres are in /etc/hosts). This is the configuration file : Code: root@sco1 # cat configurationBanner: on:AlwaysContent types: simpleDevice:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haezeban
0 Replies

10. AIX

AIX 5.1 and RS6000

I've an old server 1996 RS6000 (Processor 604e) running AIX 5.1. It started up fine, booted up and connected on 10Mbit with my router. I used to be able to connect to it with telnet but not anymore. I know the IP is right but working with the smit tcpip options, looks like I've changed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Devyn
1 Replies
DPKG-RECONFIGURE(8)						      Debconf						       DPKG-RECONFIGURE(8)

NAME
dpkg-reconfigure - reconfigure an already installed package SYNOPSIS
dpkg-reconfigure [options] packages DESCRIPTION
dpkg-reconfigure reconfigures packages after they have already been installed. Pass it the names of a package or packages to reconfigure. It will ask configuration questions, much like when the package was first installed. If you just want to see the current configuration of a package, see debconf-show(1) instead. OPTIONS
-ftype, --frontend=type Select the frontend to use. The default frontend can be permanently changed by: dpkg-reconfigure debconf Note that if you normally have debconf set to use the noninteractive frontend, dpkg-reconfigure will use the dialog frontend instead, so you actually get to reconfigure the package. -pvalue, --priority=value Specify the minimum priority of question that will be displayed. dpkg-reconfigure normally shows low priority questions no matter what your default priority is. See debconf(7) for a list. --default-priority Use whatever the default priority of question is, instead of forcing the priority to low. -u, --unseen-only By default, all questions are shown, even if they have already been answered. If this parameter is set though, only questions that have not yet been seen will be asked. --force Force dpkg-reconfigure to reconfigure a package even if the package is in an inconsistent or broken state. Use with caution. --no-reload Prevent dpkg-reconfigure from reloading templates. Use with caution; this will prevent dpkg-reconfigure from repairing broken templates databases. However, it may be useful in constrained environments where rewriting the templates database is expensive. -h, --help Display usage help. SEE ALSO
debconf(7) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2018-02-28 DPKG-RECONFIGURE(8)