Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: find out expiration date
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers find out expiration date Post 302261973 by gilbav on Wednesday 26th of November 2008 05:48:26 AM
Old 11-26-2008
Question find out expiration date

I want to know when my account is gonna expire. Is there a shell command that tells this?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find Previous date and Coming date

Hi All, How to find a date which is 7 days from the current date as well as how to find a date which is 7 days before this current date. Urgently i need help. Thanks in Advance Regards Arunava (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunava_maity
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

date issue-find prevoius date in a patricular format

Hi , I have written a shell script that takes the current date on the server and stores it in a file. echo get /usr/home/data-`date '+%Y%d'`.xml> /usr/local/sandeep/GetFILE.ini I call this GetFILE.ini file from an sftp program to fetch a file from /usr/home/ as location. The file is in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I know find syntax to find given date files

Hi All, Can i use find command to know given date files? If yes, then please let me know the syntax for the same. Thanks in advance for your postive responses Regards, Bachegowda (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a date which is 7 days past when given current date

hii all. I have to get the date of the 7th day past from the current date. if i give the current date as sep 3 then i must get the date as 27th of august. can we get the values from the "cal" command. cal | awk '{print $2}' will this type of command work. actually my need is if today is... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: ladtony
17 Replies

5. Solaris

Expiration date of user account

Hi, How to check user account expiration account in user mode for SunOS 5.10? In Linux I can use chage command. I googled for answer for the problem but it was useless. Oskar (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: oskard
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

wget - cookie with expiration date

How can I create a cookie with expiration date using either wget or curl? I am able to use cli wget, cli curl, or php curl. I don't see that the cookies I have created contain an expiration date, and I have a problem logging into a forum that looks for the expiration date. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Neo's passport expiration date.

I found this to be a bit of a disturbing coincidence. youtube.com/watch?v=CxW79CwSK9M&hd=1 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: absorber
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find week of the year for given date using date command inside awk

Hi all, Need an urgent help on the below scenario. script: awk -F"," 'BEGIN { #some variable assignment} { #some calculation and put values in array} END { year=#getting it from array and assume this will be 2014 month=#getting it from array and this will be 05 date=#... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaidhas
7 Replies

9. HP-UX

How to check password expiration date of particular user?

Hi Guys, I am new to HP-UX and want to find expiration date of particular user please also note i don't have root access on that server. for e.g. i have user abc on my HP box and want to know when its password going to expire and also when its password changed last time. I also try to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yasin Rakhangi
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find the count of files by last created date based on the given date range

My unix version is IBM AIX Version 6.1 I tried google my requirement and found the below answer, find . -newermt “2012-06-15 08:13" ! -newermt “2012-06-15 18:20" But newer command is not working in AIX version 6.1 unix I have given my requirement below: Input: atr files: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yuvaa27
1 Replies
useradd(8)						      System Manager's Manual							useradd(8)

NAME
useradd - create a new user account SYNOPSIS
useradd [-D binddn] [-P path] [-c comment] [-d homedir] [-e expire] [-f inactive] [-G group,...] [-g gid] [-m [-k skeldir]] [-o] [-p password] [-u uid] [-U umask] [-r] [-s shell] [--service service] [--help] [--usage] [-v] [--preferred-uid uid] account useradd --show-defaults useradd --save-defaults [-d homedir] [-e expire] [-f inactive] [-g gid] [-G group,...] [-k skeldir] [-U umask] [-s shell] DESCRIPTION
useradd creates a new user account using the default values from /etc/default/useradd and the specified on the command line. Depending on the command line options the new account will be added to the system files or LDAP database, the home directory will be created and the initial default files and directories will be copied. The account name must begin with an alphabetic character and the rest of the string should be from the POSIX portable character class ([A- Za-z_][A-Za-z0-9_-.]*[A-Za-z0-9_-.$]). OPTIONS
-c, --comment comment This option specifies the users finger information. -d, --home homedir This option specifies the users home directory. If not specified, the default from /etc/default/useradd is used. -e, --expire expire With this option the date when the account will be expired can be changed. expiredate has to be specified as number of days since January 1st, 1970. The date may also be expressed in the format YYYY-MM-DD. If not specified, the default from /etc/default/useradd is used. -f, --inactive inactive This option is used to set the number of days of inactivity after a password has expired before the account is locked. A user whose account is locked must contact the system administrator before being able to use the account again. A value of -1 disables this feature. If not specified, the default from /etc/default/useradd is used. -G, --groups group,... With this option a list of supplementary groups can be specified, which the user should become a member of. Each group is separated from the next one only by a comma, without whitespace. If not specified, the default from /etc/default/useradd is used. -g, --gid gid The group name or number of the user's main group. The group name or number must refer to an already existing group. If not speci- fied, the default from /etc/default/useradd is used. -k, --skel skeldir Specify an alternative skel directory. This option is only valid, if the home directory for the new user should be created, too. If not specified, the default from /etc/default/useradd or /etc/skel is used. -m, --create-home Create home directory for new user account. -o, --non-unique Allow duplicate (non-unique) User IDs. -p, --password password Encrypted password as returned by crypt(3) for the new account. The default is to disable the account. -U, --umask umask The permission mask is initialized to this value. It is used by useradd for creating new home directories. The default is taken from /etc/default/useradd. -u, --uid uid Force the new userid to be the given number. This value must be positive and unique. The default is to use the first free ID after the greatest used one. The range from which the user ID is chosen can be specified in /etc/login.defs. --preferred-uid uid Set the new userid to the specified value if possible. If that value is already in use the first free ID will be chosen as described above. -r, --system Create a system account. A system account is an user with an UID between SYSTEM_UID_MIN and SYSTEM_UID_MAX as defined in /etc/login.defs, if no UID is specified. The GROUPS entry in /etc/default/useradd is ignored, too. -s, --shell shell Specify user's login shell. The default for normal user accounts is taken from /etc/default/useradd, the default for system accounts is /bin/false. --service service Add the account to a special directory. The default is files, but ldap is also valid. -D, --binddn binddn Use the Distinguished Name binddn to bind to the LDAP directory. The user will be prompted for a password for simple authentica- tion. -P, --path path The passwd and shadow files are located below the specified directory path. useradd will use this files, not /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow. --help Print a list of valid options with a short description. --usage Print a short list of valid options. -v, --version Print the version number and exit. FILES
/etc/passwd - user account information /etc/shadow - shadow user account information /etc/group - group information /etc/default/useradd - default values for account creation /etc/skel - directory containing default files SEE ALSO
passwd(1), login.defs(5), passwd(5), shadow(5), userdel(8), usermod(8) AUTHOR
Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@suse.de> pwdutils May 2010 useradd(8)