Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How can I add 4 lines together and then read the next 4 lines? Post 302261964 by mr_andrew on Wednesday 26th of November 2008 05:23:40 AM
Old 11-26-2008
I am sorry. I mixed it up I guess..

It works with
Code:
awk -F= 'END {
  if (t)
    print e, "Total:", t
}
/\.exe/ {
  if (t)
    print e, "Total:", t
  t = 0
  e = $0
  }
/Total/ { t += $NF }
' nisse_081121_11.log

But I do not get it working if I add the code to a script.

Last edited by radoulov; 11-26-2008 at 07:01 AM.. Reason: added code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to read lines one by one from a file

I have one file in which some commands have written line line i have to read lines from this file(file name passed as avariable) and then i have to execute these commands.. how can i do it? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bihani4u
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read lines from file

i have a problem on my bourne shell script. I want to read line by line and then stop when the line does not have letters or is an empty string. But i encounter an error at "while ". The error nessage is "test.sh: test: unknown operator line". Can anyone help me on this thanks :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagolo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

read some lines from file!!!

any idea please!!! I want to pick up all lines of "state" and "desc" from x files: ... # state blah blah blah blah ... .. # desc blah blah blah .... Thx Andy (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy2000
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to count lines - ignoring blank lines and commented lines

What is the command to count lines in a files, but ignore blank lines and commented lines? I have a file with 4 sections in it, and I want each section to be counted, not including the blank lines and comments... and then totalled at the end. Here is an example of what I would like my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kthatch
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help!! Need script to read files and add values by lines...

Hi All, I really need your help. I am a begginner in shell script and I believe this is a very simple issue. I have in my directory, n-files, like 1.dhm, 2.dhm, 3.dhm. These files have 1 column with 1 value per line, like: 1.dhm ------ 10 20 30 40 50 2.dhm ------ 30 50 20 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhuertas
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read different lines into column

Dear experts, Need your great help ! The input file is as follows: Name: test01 Name UID: C7:9D:79:52:2A:3F:DF:11:A8:64:00:60:16:36:04:02 Shareable: YES HBA/SP Pairs: HBA UID SP Name SPPort ------- ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tojzz
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

When reading a csv file, counter to read 20 lines and wait for minute then read next 20 till end

Hello All, i am a newbie and need some help when reading a csv file in a bourne shell script. I want to read 10 lines, then wait for a minute and then do a reading of another 10 lines and so on in the same way. I want to do this till the end of file. Any inputs are appreciated ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: victor.s
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and replace, when found, delete multiple lines, add new set of lines?

hey guys, I tried searching but most 'search and replace' questions are related to one liners. Say I have a file to be replaced that has the following: $ cat testing.txt TESTING AAA BBB CCC DDD EEE FFF GGG HHH ENDTESTING This is the input file: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeuceLee
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract some lines from one file and add those lines to current file

hi, i have two files. file1.sh echo "unix" echo "linux" file2.sh echo "unix linux forums" now the output i need is $./file2.sh unix linux forums (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: snreddy_gopu
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read few last lines of a file

Hi, I have a txt file in below format - START 1 2 3 4 END START 5 6 7 8 END START 9 10 END (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhupinder08
8 Replies
dappprof(1m)							   USER COMMANDS						      dappprof(1m)

NAME
dappprof - profile user and lib function usage. Uses DTrace. SYNOPSIS
dappprof [-acehoTU] [-u lib] { -p PID | command } DESCRIPTION
dappprof prints details on user and library call times for processes as a summary style aggragation. By default the user fuctions are traced, options can be used to trace library activity. Output can include function counts, elapsed times and on cpu times. The elapsed times are interesting, to help identify functions that take some time to complete (during which the process may have slept). CPU time helps us identify syscalls that are consuming CPU cycles to run. Since this uses DTrace, only users with root privileges can run this command. OPTIONS
-a print all data -c print function counts -e print elapsed times, ns -o print CPU times, ns -T print totals -p PID examine this PID -u lib trace this library instead -U trace all library and user functions EXAMPLES
run and examine the "df -h" command, # dappprof df -h print elapsed times, on-cpu times and counts for "df -h", # dappprof -ceo df -h print elapsed times for PID 1871, # dappprof -p 1871 print all data for PID 1871, # dappprof -ap 1871 FIELDS
CALL Function call name ELAPSED Total elapsed time, nanoseconds CPU Total on-cpu time, nanoseconds COUNT Number of occurrences DOCUMENTATION
See the DTraceToolkit for further documentation under the Docs directory. The DTraceToolkit docs may include full worked examples with ver- bose descriptions explaining the output. EXIT
dappprof will sample until Ctrl-C is hit. AUTHOR
Brendan Gregg [Sydney, Australia] SEE ALSO
dapptrace(1M), dtrace(1M), apptrace(1) version 1.10 May 14, 2005 dappprof(1m)