Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX Service Packs
Operating Systems AIX AIX Service Packs Post 302261825 by dig1tal on Tuesday 25th of November 2008 04:11:14 PM
Old 11-25-2008
5300-08-02-0822

The TL roadmap is typically not available on the public internet and can usually be found in IBM powerpoint presentations.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX 5.3: Start Service on System startup

Hi, I'm new to AIX, and have to make some services start at system startup. The IBM-Redbook says I have to edit /etc/inittab. As a long time (Debian)-Linux Admin I'm a bit confused. Is there something like /etc/init.d/$SERVICE in AIX? Greetings, Dennis (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dennis.kuehl
1 Replies

2. AIX

Aix - Service Pack

I've recently installed ServicePack1 for Tecnology_Level 9 of AIX 5.2 . The result of installation is "OK" but with oslevel -s i dont see the service pack installed .... after many research i try (with many luck!!) instfix -i|grep SP and the result : All filesets for 5200-08-01_SP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BabylonRocker
1 Replies

3. AIX

Debugging a service in AIX 5.3

Hi, I am a newbie on the AIX front....I am at present faced with a problem of a service eating up my client's CPU. To be more specific....My client uses backup exec for backing up (v 12.0). The moment I start a backup the beremote.exe (backup exec remote agent for unix, RALUS) service uses... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkn1979
4 Replies

4. AIX

Latest AIX Service Pack

Hello, I am trying to install Oracle 11g on my AIX server and it requires at a minimum OS level 5300-05-06. I am currently at 5300-05-01. What do I need to upgrade this? Where can I get this sp? What are the step to install this? I am a DBA not sysadmin. We no longer have a sysadmin. Lucky... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkranes
4 Replies

5. AIX

Short Message Service from AIX

Hi AIX Guru's, I am a bit new to this AIX stuff . Does anyone of you know how to send SMS messages from an AIX box. We are able to send emails to the internet from this AIX box , and I was hoping sending SMS's would be something similar Any help would be greatly appreciated . Please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: smdasim
4 Replies

6. AIX

service status in AIX

good afternoon to all hay i m new in AIX. my problem is that.....plz tell me how to see " service status" in AIX Becoz i run /etc/rc.d/rc.2/Sbesclientd so its show below like this bash-3.2$ sudo /etc/rc.d/rc2.d/SBESClientd status Usage: /etc/rc.d/rc2.d/SBESClientd { start | stop } I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: life008
2 Replies

7. AIX

Help activating http service on AIX

Am new to AIX 5.1 and we have our production database running on it. I need to activate HTTP service so that i can connect to the database's Enterprise manager from my workstation's web browser. can anyone help me with how to activate HTTP service on AIX 5.1 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: reachay
9 Replies

8. AIX

Need help on patrol agent service in AIX

Hi, Anyone know what is patrol agent service in aix If know please tell me the command to check the same. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumanthupar
4 Replies

9. AIX

NAGIOS Service not able to open port on AIX 7.1

I have an AIX 7.1 LPAR where Nagios agent was installed for monitoring. The issue is that when I start the nagios service (ncpa_listener), it starts but does not open the 5693 port it requires for communication. On all other LPARs the service opens the port and is listening. I tried reinstalling... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wibhore
4 Replies
WIN32_QUERY_SERVICE_STATUS(3)						 1					     WIN32_QUERY_SERVICE_STATUS(3)

win32_query_service_status - Queries the status of a service

SYNOPSIS
mixed win32_query_service_status (string $servicename, [string $machine]) DESCRIPTION
Queries the current status for a service, returning an array of information. PARAMETERS
o $servicename - The short name of the service. o $machine - The optional machine name. If omitted, the local machine will be used. RETURN VALUES
Returns an array consisting of the following information on success, FALSE if there is a problem with the parameters or a Win32 Error Code on failure. o $ServiceType - The dwServiceType. See Win32Service Service Type Bitmasks. o $CurrentState - The dwCurrentState. See Win32Service Service Status Constants. o $ControlsAccepted - Which service controls are accepted by the service. See Win32Service Service Control Message Accepted Bitmasks. o $Win32ExitCode - If the service exited, the return code from the process. o $ServiceSpecificExitCode - If the service exited with an error condition, the service specific code that is logged in the event log is visible here. o $CheckPoint - If the service is shutting down, holds the current check point number. This is used by the SCM as a kind of heart-beat to detect a wedged service process. The value of the check point is best interpreted in conjunction with the WaitHint value. o $WaitHint - If the service is shutting down it will set WaitHint to a checkpoint value that will indicate 100% completion. This can be used to implement a progress indicator. o $ProcessId - The Windows process identifier. If 0, the process is not running. o $ServiceFlags - The dwServiceFlags. See Win32Service Service Service Flag Constants. SEE ALSO
Win32Service Predefined Constants. PHP Documentation Group WIN32_QUERY_SERVICE_STATUS(3)