Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements Software Releases - RSS News Foxtract 1.0 (Default branch) Post 302261790 by Linux Bot on Tuesday 25th of November 2008 02:10:02 PM
Old 11-25-2008
Foxtract 1.0 (Default branch)

Foxtract is a simple Outlook Express e-mail message extractor that works with corrupted data files. Instead of trying to rebuild or read from the tree structure that Outlook Express uses internally, it scans the whole data file to find all message segments, which it then uses to determine the head segment of a message and reconstruct it. Image

More...

Email::Outlook::Message(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Email::Outlook::Message(3pm)

NAME
Email::Outlook::Message.pm - Read Outlook .msg files SYNOPSIS
use Email::Outlook::Message; my $msg = new Email::Outlook::Message $filename, $verbose; my $mime = $msg->to_email_mime; $mime->as_string; DESCRIPTION
Parses .msg message files as produced by Microsoft Outlook. METHODS
new($msg, $verbose) Parse the file pointed at by $msg. Set $verbose to a true value to print information about skipped parts of the .msg file on STDERR. to_email_mime Output result as an Email::MIME object. BUGS
Not all data that is in the .msg file is converted. There are some parts whose meaning escapes me, although more documentation on MIME properties is available these days. Other parts do not make sense outside of Outlook and Exchange. GPG signed mail is not processed correctly. Neither are attachments of type 'appledoublefile'. It would be nice if we could write .MSG files too, but that will require quite a big rewrite. AUTHOR
Matijs van Zuijlen, "matijs@matijs.net" COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2002, 2004, 2006--2010, 2012 by Matijs van Zuijlen This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-16 Email::Outlook::Message(3pm)