Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris sun 8 unable to communicate through console Post 302261712 by incredible on Tuesday 25th of November 2008 11:29:59 AM
Old 11-25-2008
You may try using the Serial B at the server end or use a Tera Term instead of Hyperterminal

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Hooking up to Console's on sun's

it there any docs out there anyhwre that have the specs for cabing to a sun console. I have an e420 here, i cant seem to get a console connection, i have triewd the silver serial connectors that come with the new dsun servers, but no luck with those. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Unable to login at console and telnet

Hi friend, I'm facing a problem to access the console and telnet to the HP ux 11 server due to the system file is full. How to access this server via single mode and how to mount the folder / and folder /var? thanks. vestro (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vestro
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

unable to communicate with Linux machine

Hi all, I installed red hat 2.6.9-5 and when I am trying to ping it.I am able to ping any other machine in the network but unable to do vice-versa(means unable to ping this machine from any other machine) and getting the message -- please provide your valuable suggestions ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
2 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

unable to load console info in SUNMC 4.0

hi all, unable to load console info in SUNMC 4.0 in alarm it is giving error info i.e..Agent on host (.....),1161 port not responding. plz try to solve the problem Regards spandhan (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: spandhan
5 Replies

5. Solaris

unable to load console info in SUNMC 4.0

Hi all, unable to load console info in SUNMC 4.0 in alarm it is giving error info i.e..Agent on host (.....),1161 port not responding. Iam using M9000 server solaris 10 plz try to solve the problem Regards spandhan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: spandhan
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun Fire V890 - Unable to access RSC or Serial console

Hello Folks, I am having trouble to login to rsc or serial console of V890. The rsc2.2.3 has been configured with required parameters, resetrs and even rebooted. When serial port is connected to laptop, The hyper terminal does not get the console or POSt messages when the server is rebooting... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: defflepord
8 Replies

7. AIX

P550 Unable to access Console

I have recently aquired the following machine: IBM,9113-550 Up until yesterday we could connect a dumb terminal to serial port 1 and get console login. However the dumb terminal died. We are now using a laptop with a null modem cable attached to serial port 1. This works perfectly for all of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rsw7724
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Unable to take console

When trying to connect to console, I am getting the below error. plathwsvcd: Another instance is running. plathwsvcd: Another instance is running. plathwsvcd: Another instance is running. plathwsvcd: Another instance is running. INIT: Id "plhw" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aksijain
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Unable to start webconsole:console

Here is issue... bash-3.00# svcs system/webconsole:console STATE STIME FMRI maintenance 1:15:54 svc:/system/webconsole:console bash-3.00# svcadm clear svc:/system/webconsole:console bash-3.00# svcs -a |grep /system/webconsole offline* 1:20:44... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lingeshwaran
0 Replies
Info::Layer3::Sun(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Info::Layer3::Sun(3pm)

NAME
SNMP::Info::Layer3::Sun - SNMP Interface to L3 Sun Solaris AUTHOR
begemot SYNOPSIS
# Let SNMP::Info determine the correct subclass for you. my $sun = new SNMP::Info( AutoSpecify => 1, Debug => 1, DestHost => 'mysunrouter', Community => 'public', Version => 1 ) or die "Can't connect to DestHost. "; my $class = $sun->class(); print "SNMP::Info determined this device to fall under subclass : $class "; DESCRIPTION
Subclass for Generic Sun Routers running SunOS Inherited Classes SNMP::Info::Layer3 Required MIBs Inherited Classes' MIBs See "Required MIBs" in SNMP::Info::Layer3 for its own MIB requirements. GLOBALS
These are methods that return scalar value from SNMP $sun->vendor() Returns 'sun' $sun->os() Returns 'sun' $sun->os_ver() Returns the software version extracted from message of the day. $sun->model() Returns 'Solaris Router' $sun->serial() Returns serial number Globals imported from SNMP::Info::Layer3 See documentation in "GLOBALS" in SNMP::Info::Layer3 for details. TABLE METHODS
These are methods that return tables of information in the form of a reference to a hash. Overrides $sun->i_ignore() Returns reference to hash. Increments value of IID if port is to be ignored. Ignores loopback Table Methods imported from SNMP::Info::Layer3 See documentation in "TABLE METHODS" in SNMP::Info::Layer3 for details. perl v5.12.4 2011-09-28 Info::Layer3::Sun(3pm)