Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to answer the Questions in Perl . Post 302261672 by DarkSoul on Tuesday 25th of November 2008 10:04:44 AM
Old 11-25-2008
How to answer the Questions in Perl .

I need to write a script to telnet or ssh a device the execute some commands in device then copy the output in a file, I wrote the script but I faced one issue, when you execute some commands the device asked me a Question, for example :
device # copy run tftp
device # Source filename [running-config]?

then the script hang, my Question is how to pass the answers to device using perl ??

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

urgent- please answer these set of questions

Hi, I have a few questions to be answered.Please help me out in this.Its urgent. 1) what does ' $* ' mean, what does it do ? 2) Command to change UNIX Password. 3) What is Daemon processes ? 4) How do u execute a Unix command or process in the background ? 5) What is nohup ? 6) Difference... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: uni_ajay_r
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Answer Terminal Questions With Shell Script?

First off, I am using Mac OS X, with Apple Remote Desktop. I have to install several app's on teachers' laptops which are on several cd's that I have made disk images of. (DMG's) To do rollouts quicker, I have written a script to mount the disk images and running the installers inside each of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Reepr
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Experts Answer this INterview Questions please

1, why Boot server should be in a network in jumpstart? 2, what is the different between patch and package? 3, how to list the avilable NIC in solaris9? 4, User complaing system is slow (solaris) what are the steps to check? 5, what is hardware error and software error and Transport Error? in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_krish
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can any one please answer these questions

6.nohup cmn is used to Prot execn of pgm frm aborting when hangup s/g is rxd Not hangup modem Disconn a node frm s/m Chng execn prev of pgm .wat is the o/p? Cut -d”” -f3 file1/sort -r Display 3rd col of file 1 in asc order Disp 3rd col of file 1 in desc Not ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: techguru
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Please give me answer for these interview questions.

As i'm going to attend my first interview day after tomorrow, What should i need to answer if the interviewer asked me about 1. Tell me about your production environment. 2. What about your team size? 3. Tell me about the most critical situation/issue you have ever faced. Can any... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sesha
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need answer for these LINUX questions URGENT!!

I am very new to LINUX and could not find answer to these questions please submit your comments and suggestions to answer these questions. Appreciate your time thank you, :) If you look at the permissions associated with a symbolic link, it has universal access. Does this lead to security... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux17
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need answer for these LINUX questions URGENT!!

I am very new to LINUX and could not find answer to these questions please submit your comments and suggestions to answer these questions. Appreciate your time thank you, :) 1. Make sure there is no filename1.txt in current directory first. Now, enter vi with "vi filename1.txt" command. vi... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux17
4 Replies

8. Solaris

==please answer the following questions==

Hello :) ! i've few doubts. 1) how can we find the newly attached disk in SOLARIS ? 2) how to change port number of a service ? 3) how can we find that autofs is running in our system without using svcs and prstat commands ? 4) we know that there are several types of dns servers in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
0 Replies
device_allocate(4)						   File Formats 						device_allocate(4)

NAME
device_allocate - device_allocate file SYNOPSIS
/etc/security/device_allocate DESCRIPTION
The device_allocate file contains mandatory access control information about each physical device. Each device is represented by a one line entry of the form: device-name;device-type;reserved;reserved;auths;device-exec where device-name This is an arbitrary ASCII string naming the physical device. This field contains no embedded white space or non- printable characters. device-type This is an arbitrary ASCII string naming the generic device type. This field identifies and groups together devices of like type. This field contains no embedded white space or non-printable characters. reserved This field is reserved for future use. reserved This field is reserved for future use. auths This field contains a comma-separated list of authorizations required to allocate the device, or asterisk (*) to indicate that the device is not allocatable, or an '@' symbol to indicate that no explicit authorization is needed to allocate the device. The default authorization is solaris.device.allocate. See auths(1) device-exec This is the physical device's data purge program to be run any time the device is acted on by allocate(1). This is to ensure that all usable data is purged from the physical device before it is reused. This field contains the filename of a program in /etc/security/lib or the full pathname of a cleanup script provided by the system adminis- trator. The device_allocate file is an ASCII file that resides in the /etc/security directory. Lines in device_allocate can end with a `' to continue an entry on the next line. Comments may also be included. A `#' makes a comment of all further text until the next NEWLINE not immediately preceded by a `'. White space is allowed in any field. The device_allocate file must be created by the system administrator before device allocation is enabled. The device_allocate file is owned by root, with a group of sys, and a mode of 0644. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Declaring an allocatable device Declare that physical device st0 is a type st. st is allocatable, and the script used to clean the device after running deallocate(1) is named /etc/security/lib/st_clean. # scsi tape st0; st; reserved; reserved; solaris.device.allocate; /etc/security/lib/st_clean Example 2: Declaring an allocatable device with authorizations Declare that physical device fd0 is of type fd. fd is allocatable by users with the solaris.device.allocate authorization, and the script used to clean the device after running deallocate(1) is named /etc/security/lib/fd_clean. # floppy drive fd0; fd; reserved; reserved; solaris.device.allocate; /etc/security/lib/fd_clean Notice that making a device allocatable means that you need to allocate and deallocate it to use it (with allocate(1) and deallocate(1)). If a device is not allocatable, there will be an asterisk (*) in the auths field, and no one can use the device. FILES
/etc/security/device_allocate Contains list of allocatable devices SEE ALSO
auths(1), allocate(1), bsmconv(1M), deallocate(1), list_devices(1), auth_attr(4) NOTES
The functionality described in this man page is available only if the Basic Security Module (BSM) has been enabled. See bsmconv(1M) for more information. SunOS 5.10 17 Mar 2003 device_allocate(4)