Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how can i conjunct two expression in one line in awk? Post 302261652 by niyas_gk on Tuesday 25th of November 2008 09:31:29 AM
Old 11-25-2008
Bug how can i conjunct two expression in one line in awk?

hi im trying to conjuct two expresssion , but not getting the exact result i need..

i want to conjuct

1) awk < /etc/passwd 'NR >15' and
2)awk < /etc/passwd '!/8niaz/'

how will i execute , so it will start printing from the 16th line and will omit the lines which include '8niaz'.

Thanks in advance..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression matching a new line

I have written a script to test some isdn links in my network and I am trying to format the output to be more readable. Each line of the output has a different number of digits as follows... Sitename , spid1 12345678901234 1234567890 1234567 , spid2 1234567890 1234567890 1234567 Sitename , ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: drheams
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed Help (Using expression - line break)

*Note, I thought I was in Shell Programming and Scripting Q&A and posted in a wrong forum. To avoid confusion and to inform people that I'm not trying to "spam" the forums, I'm adding this note up top* Hi Everyone thanks in advance for any input you can provide on the following question! I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Janus
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

New line problem of regular expression

could anybody tell me how i can add/append a new line using regular expression in vi on AIX? i've tried several ways before, but all of them failed. e.g. :%s/$/\n/ :%s/^/\v\r/ :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrl
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing the last occurence of a expression in every line

I have a file which contains /RdWrCtrl/IRdWrRepCtl/XI3/XIrdOutEnRdSbComb\/XRdDataGaterEnx /RdWrCtrl/IRdWrRepCtl/XI3/XIrdOutEnRdSbComb\/XRdDataGaterEnx /RdWrCtrl/IRdWrRepCtl/XI3/XIrdOutEnRdSbComb\/XRdDataGaterEnx /RdWrCtrl/IRdWrRepCtl/XI3/XIrdOutEnRdSbComb\/XRdDataGaterEnx I have... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen@
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to substitute a line that matches an expression with another line

I need some help. I have a file (all.txt) whereby I want to substitute using sed/awk all lines that matches an expression with another line with different expression i.e subtitute expression, database_id: filename; WITH database_id: PY; There are many occurrences of the expression... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aimsoft
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression for line

Hi, I'm trying to extract if the (offset>0 || flags ) from the following line: 90.30.180.90.80 > 90.121.333.308.45133: Flags , seq 14480:15928, ack 1, win 8088, options > 15:59:11.156664 IP (tos 0x0, ttl 20, id 44442, offset 0, flags , proto TCP (6), length 1500) try: offset.(+) ||... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ENG_MOHD
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract regular expression and line below

Hi all, I have a large fasta (dna sequence) file. I would like to extract a portion of the header as well as the sequence (line below the header). Input: Output: All accession values (the term I want to preserve, which is the string including and directly following "GL") are different, but I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Add a line after last matched expression

I thought this would be easy to Google, but I am having trouble getting a clean result that I can understand. I simply want to insert the the line: My Network 192.168.1.1 After the last line that begins with ACL localnet (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed , awk script for printing matched line before regular expression

hi All , I am having a large file with lots of modules as shown below ############################################### module KKK kksd kskks jsn;lsm jsnlsn; Ring jjsjsj kskmsm jjs endmodule module llll 1kksd11 k232skks j33sn;l55sm (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - To retrieve an expression from the last line containing a pattern

Hi All, I'm new on this forum, and i'm trying since several days to find out a way to retrieve a expression from the last line containing a pattern. Could you please help me with this ? E.g. The file is containing the following lines 08/05 17:33:47 STAT1 Response(22) is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Antonio Fargas
4 Replies