Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sed text replacement issue.
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sed text replacement issue. Post 302261590 by Franklin52 on Tuesday 25th of November 2008 05:58:35 AM
Old 11-25-2008
It should work, post your file within code brackets (select the code and click on the "#" above the editing window).

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacement using sed

Hi I have the following file that i need to run a sed command on 1<tab>running 2<tab>running 3<tab>running 4<tab>running I want to be able to replace a line i.e the second one with '2<tab>failed'. As the first number is unique that can be used to search for the relevant line (using ^2 i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: handak9
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk/Sed One liner for text replacement

Hi group, I want to replace the occurance of a particular text in a paragraph.I tried with Sed,but Sed only displays the result on the screen.How can i update the changes in the original file??? The solution should be a one liner using awk and sed. Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bishnu.bhatta
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Replacement for sed

Hi Can anyone provide me the replacement of sed with xargs perl syntax for the below sed -e :a -e '/;$/!N;s/\n//; ta' -e 's/;$//' This should be without looping has to take minimal time for search (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbsurf
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sed replacement

This seems like it should be an easy problem, but I'm a noob and I can't figure it out. I'm trying to use sed, but would be happy to use anything that does the job. I am trying to trim off a fixed number of unknown characters from 2 different : delimited fields while keeping the intervening... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: helix_w
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacement with sed

I am trying to replace the line which has string "tablespace" not case senstive.... with below simple script: mysrcipt.sh sed "s/.*/TABLESPACE USERS/g" create_table > tmp mv tmp create_table Is there any better way to do it? If Search string tooooooo long it will be tough to code in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganeshd
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED replacement

Hi, i have a file with lines, file.txt ------- test is fun testing is better I need to replace 'test' to 'develop' and i used, a=test b=develop sed "s,$a,$b,g" -------- but i see the word 'testing' is also replaced. Need some solution. Is there any way i could replace only 'test' ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: giri_luck
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Block of text replacement using sed

Hi, I have a requirement in which i need to replace text as below - <stringProp name="Recipe">&lt;AddGroup Name=&quot;1001&quot; Path=&quot;ServiceAdministration/Controls/1001/ServiceSwitches&quot;&gt; &lt;Param Name=&quot;AttributeName&quot; Value=&quot;HeaderManipRspIngressRuleSet&quot; Type=&quot;String&quot; /&gt; &lt;Param Name=&quot;Value&quot;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhitanshu
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text replacement with awk or sed?

Hi guys, I worked for almost a half-day for the replacement of some text automatically with script. But no success. The problem is I have hundred of files, which need to be replaced with some new text. It's a painful work to work manually and it's so easy to do it wrong. For example, I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: liuzhencc
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Replacement in a Text File in one operation (sed/awk) ?

Hi all, Saying we have two files: 1. A "Reference File" whose content is "Variable Name": "Variable Value" 2. A "Model File" whose content is a model program in which I want to substitute "VariableName" with their respective value to produce a third file "Program File" which would be a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dae
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed text replacement

Hello, I'm using Bash and Sed to replace text within a text file (1.txt) twice in one script. Using a for loop I'm initially replacing any 'apple' words with the variable 'word1' ("leg). I'm then using another for loop to replace any 'apple' words with the variable 'word2' ("arm"). This task is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Flip-Flop
2 Replies
LWM(1)							      General Commands Manual							    LWM(1)

NAME
lwm - Lightweight Window Manager for the X Window System SYNTAX
lwm [ -s session-id ] DESCRIPTION
Lwm is a window manager for the X Window System. It provides enough features to allow the user to manage their windows, and no more. Windows are surrounded by a frame with a titlebar at the top next to a small box. The frame is a grey colour for all windows except that which has the input focus, where it is black. In the default configuration, lwm uses the enter-to-focus scheme, where moving the pointer into a window gives that window the input focus. Lwm may also be configured to use the click-to-focus scheme, where a window must be clicked on (with any button) to receive the input focus. Clicking on a window in this mode causes the window to be raised. Note that a click used to focus a window is always swallowed by lwm, so clicking a button in a new window requires two clicks. A button 1 click on a window frame brings that window to the top. Dragging button 1 on the frame of a resizable window repositions that edge of the window. If a corner rather than an edge is dragged, then both edges forming the corner are repositioned. While you're reshaping a window, a little window pops up to show you the window's current size. In the default configuration, button 1 on the root window does nothing. Button 2 is used to drag a window by its frame, repositioning the window but maintaining its position in the window stack. In the default configuration, button 2 on the root window brings up a new shell. A button 3 click on a window frame hides that window. Pressing button 3 on the root window brings up a menu of all the hidden windows. Releasing the button while over an item will unhide the named window. A button 3 click in the frame while Shift is held down pushes the window to the back, under any other windows. (Users with 4-button mice are encouraged to use their fourth button for this function.) A click with any button inside the little white box in a window's frame can be used to close the window. OPTIONS
Lwm accepts the following command line options: -s specifies a client ID for the X Session Management system, and is used exclusively by session managers. RESOURCES
Lwm understands the following X resources: titlefont font used in window titles popupFont font used in popup window (menu/size indicator) border width in pixels of window borders button1 program spawned when button 1 is clicked on the root window button2 program spawned when button 2 is clicked on the root window focus focus mode, one of "enter" for enter-to-focus (or sloppy focus), or "click" for click-to-focus SEE ALSO
X(7) AUTHORS
Elliott Hughes <ehughes@bluearc.com>, James Carter <james@jfc.org.uk> LWM(1)