Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sed text replacement issue.
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sed text replacement issue. Post 302261590 by Franklin52 on Tuesday 25th of November 2008 05:58:35 AM
Old 11-25-2008
It should work, post your file within code brackets (select the code and click on the "#" above the editing window).

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacement using sed

Hi I have the following file that i need to run a sed command on 1<tab>running 2<tab>running 3<tab>running 4<tab>running I want to be able to replace a line i.e the second one with '2<tab>failed'. As the first number is unique that can be used to search for the relevant line (using ^2 i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: handak9
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk/Sed One liner for text replacement

Hi group, I want to replace the occurance of a particular text in a paragraph.I tried with Sed,but Sed only displays the result on the screen.How can i update the changes in the original file??? The solution should be a one liner using awk and sed. Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bishnu.bhatta
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Replacement for sed

Hi Can anyone provide me the replacement of sed with xargs perl syntax for the below sed -e :a -e '/;$/!N;s/\n//; ta' -e 's/;$//' This should be without looping has to take minimal time for search (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbsurf
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sed replacement

This seems like it should be an easy problem, but I'm a noob and I can't figure it out. I'm trying to use sed, but would be happy to use anything that does the job. I am trying to trim off a fixed number of unknown characters from 2 different : delimited fields while keeping the intervening... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: helix_w
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacement with sed

I am trying to replace the line which has string "tablespace" not case senstive.... with below simple script: mysrcipt.sh sed "s/.*/TABLESPACE USERS/g" create_table > tmp mv tmp create_table Is there any better way to do it? If Search string tooooooo long it will be tough to code in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganeshd
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED replacement

Hi, i have a file with lines, file.txt ------- test is fun testing is better I need to replace 'test' to 'develop' and i used, a=test b=develop sed "s,$a,$b,g" -------- but i see the word 'testing' is also replaced. Need some solution. Is there any way i could replace only 'test' ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: giri_luck
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Block of text replacement using sed

Hi, I have a requirement in which i need to replace text as below - <stringProp name="Recipe">&lt;AddGroup Name=&quot;1001&quot; Path=&quot;ServiceAdministration/Controls/1001/ServiceSwitches&quot;&gt; &lt;Param Name=&quot;AttributeName&quot; Value=&quot;HeaderManipRspIngressRuleSet&quot; Type=&quot;String&quot; /&gt; &lt;Param Name=&quot;Value&quot;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhitanshu
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text replacement with awk or sed?

Hi guys, I worked for almost a half-day for the replacement of some text automatically with script. But no success. The problem is I have hundred of files, which need to be replaced with some new text. It's a painful work to work manually and it's so easy to do it wrong. For example, I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: liuzhencc
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Replacement in a Text File in one operation (sed/awk) ?

Hi all, Saying we have two files: 1. A "Reference File" whose content is "Variable Name": "Variable Value" 2. A "Model File" whose content is a model program in which I want to substitute "VariableName" with their respective value to produce a third file "Program File" which would be a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dae
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed text replacement

Hello, I'm using Bash and Sed to replace text within a text file (1.txt) twice in one script. Using a for loop I'm initially replacing any 'apple' words with the variable 'word1' ("leg). I'm then using another for loop to replace any 'apple' words with the variable 'word2' ("arm"). This task is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Flip-Flop
2 Replies
jrunscript(1)						      General Commands Manual						     jrunscript(1)

NAME
jrunscript - command line script shell SYNOPSIS
jrunscript [ options ] [ arguments... ] PARAMETERS
options Options, if used, should follow immediately after the command name. arguments Arguments, if used, should follow immediately after options or command name. DESCRIPTION
jrunscript is a command line script shell. jrunscript supports both an interactive (read-eval-print) mode and a batch (-f option) mode of script execution. This is a scripting language independent shell. By default, JavaScript is the language used, but the -l option can be used to specify a different language. Through Java to scripting language communication, jrunscript supports "exploratory programming" style. NOTE: This tool is experimental and may not be available in future versions of the JDK. OPTIONS
-classpath path Specify where to find the user's .class files that are accessed by the script. -cp path This is a synonym for -classpath path -Dname=value Set a Java system property. -Jflag Pass flag directly to the Java virtual machine on which jrunscript is run. -l language Use the specified scripting language. By default, JavaScript is used. Note that to use other scripting languages, you also need to spec- ify the corresponding script engine's jar file using -cp or -classpath option. -e script Evaluate the given script. This option can be used to run "one liner" scripts specified completely on the command line. -encoding encoding Specify the character encoding used while reading script files. -f script-file Evaluate the given script file (batch mode). -f - Read and evaluate a script from standard input (interactive mode). -help Output help message and exit. -? Output help message and exit. -q List all script engines available and exit. ARGUMENTS
If [arguments...] are present and if no -e or -f option is used, then the first argument is the script file and the rest of the arguments, if any, are passed as script arguments. If [arguments..] and -e or -f option are used, then all [arguments..] are passed as script argu- ments. If [arguments..], -e and -f are missing, interactive mode is used. Script arguments are available to a script in an engine variable named "arguments" of type String array. EXAMPLES
Executing inline scripts jrunscript -e "print('hello world')" jrunscript -e "cat('http://java.sun.com')" Use specified language and evaluate given script file jrunscript -l js -f test.js Interactive mode jrunscript js>print('hello world'); hello world js>34 + 55 89 js> thread(function() { print('hello world'); } hello world js> Run script file with script arguments jrunscript test.js arg1 arg2 arg3 test.js is script file to execute and arg1, arg2 and arg3 are passed to script as script arguments. Script can access these using "argu- ments" array. SEE ALSO
If JavaScript is used, then before evaluating any user defined script, jrunscript initializes certain built-in functions and objects. These JavaScript built-ins are documented in jsdocs. 06 Aug 2006 jrunscript(1)