Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris processor from non-intr to online Post 302261469 by Perderabo on Monday 24th of November 2008 09:50:44 PM
Old 11-24-2008
You can then dedicate it running processes. Without this, you could give a very important process a great priority so it could not be interrupted by other processes, and even lock it into its own cpu, but the cpu might still service interrupts. Now you can truely give a process its own cpu. I have never done this, so I can't comment on how much benefit you actually get.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

BUS error intr - problem

Hi, I have fundamentals of unix. I got a problem on my Realtime electronic system having IOPs as the man-machine interface. Repeatedly bus interrupt error message is coming onto the VDU. For the sake of redundacy(hot standby), two IOPs are synchronised for the electronic system data. OS... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvkrishna
0 Replies

2. Programming

Sending INtr key for remote terminal

Hi folks, Just wondering if anyone knows how to send intr/break key to remote tty (shell), a simple example would be great! thx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andryk
2 Replies

3. AIX

LPAR processor/virtual processor settings

Question is on setting of Physical and Virtual processors for LPARs to make proper use of virtualization capabilities. Environment is a 8-way p570 with 4 LPARs. lparVIO1 and lparVIO2: AIX 5300-04-01 Mode/Type= Shared-SMT/Capped Minimum Processors= 0.10 Desired Processors= 0.50 Maximum... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guttew
1 Replies

4. AIX

Processor and processor core

Guys... Hows it going??? I have been going through the hardware spec of IBM system p systems.. and here i am confused for IBM Power 520 Express it says Processor cores: One, two or four 64-bit 4.2 GHz POWER6 with AltiVec™ SIMD and Hardware Decimal Floating-Point acceleration ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
1 Replies
CPU(8)							      System Manager's Manual							    CPU(8)

NAME
cpu - A tool for user and group administration SYNOPSIS
cpu [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
CPU is a tool for user administration, that was initially based on FreeBSD's pw(8). This tool will allow you to administer users and groups on several different backends currently including LDAP and flat files. Please see the website http://cpu.sourceforge.net for more informa- tion, or help improve the man page. OPTIONS
There are two kinds of options; options for CPU and options for CPU modules. There are only four options for CPU, they are as follows: -C configfile, --config configfile The configuration file to be used by CPU. The options in this file are used for CPU modules. -h, --help Display help for CPU. If specified in conjunction with the -m option the help for that particular module is displayed. -M method, --method=method This is the method of administration. Current options are ldap or passwd (passwd is not yet working). This can be specified in the configuration file. -V, --version Display the version of the software. SEE ALSO
cpu.conf(5) cpu-ldap(8) AUTHORS
Blake Matheny <bmatheny@purdue.edu> The current version of this software is always availabe at http://cpu.sourceforge.net BUGS
To report a bug or problem, please e-mail: cpu-users@lists.sourceforge.net TODO
See TODO file that accompanied software. Please e-mail us with any additional suggestions. 17 February 2003 CPU(8)