Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX "early boot vfp : System alert" Post 302261363 by vbe on Monday 24th of November 2008 01:26:15 PM
Old 11-24-2008
If I remember 8 is I/O 7 is memory 6 forgot...1 processor so what's before?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 - Unable to boot the system "panic: cannot open /kernel/amd64/unix"

Hi All, I have installed Solaris 10 on my AMD 64 3000+ system. I was playing with grub commands eeprom and bootadm commands. I screwed my boot-file and now am unable to boot the system. Gets error msg as "panic: cannot open /kernel/amd64/unix". I booted the system is filesafe and tried update the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath K V
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. SCO

Stop boot system at "Checking protected password and checking subsystem databases"

Hi, (i'm sorry for my english) I'm a problem on boot sco unix 5.0.5 open server. this stop at "Checking protected password and checking subsystem databases" (See this image ) I'm try this: 1) http://www.digipedia.pl/usenet/thread/50/37093/#post37094 2) SCO: SCO Unix - Server hangs... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: buji
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk "date" and "system" command

Hello experts! I need your help please I have a file.txt of which I want to extract 3rd and 4th columns with date with the form e.g.: 2016-11-25 03:14:50and pass them to "date" command, but also append the 9th column in a file as well. So I want to execute date -d '2016-11-25 03:14:50' ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phaethon
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

What does "force devmap reload" as in "multipath -r" means for my system and stability of my system?

Cannot present unpresented disks back again. On a test server tried this as a solution "multipath -r" and it worked. Too worried to try it in production before I know all the information. Any info would be appreciated! Also some links to the documentation on this specific issue could help a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jsteppe
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Howto auto boot SPARC | How to auto supply "start /SYS" and "start /SP/console" commands

When I power ON my T4-1, I got a prompt -> where I have to start /SYS and start /SP/console. How can I auto supply these two commands ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
3 Replies
runon(1)						      General Commands Manual							  runon(1)

NAME
runon - Runs a command on a specific CPU or processor set SYNOPSIS
runon cpu_num command [argument...] runon -p [-x] pset_id command [argument...] runon -r rad_id command [argument...] DESCRIPTION
The runon utility runs the specified command (command) on the specified CPU (cpu_num), Processor Set (pset) or Resource Affinity Domain (RAD). The argument variable specifies any options or arguments for the specified command. All the threads created by the command inherit the CPU binding to the specified CPU (cpu_num), including threads created as the result of a fork. If the -p option is used, the specified command is bound to a processor set rather than to a specific processor. Because a processor set can contain more than one processor, the -p option is useful for multi-threaded applications. In addition, you can use the -x option to specify exclusive access to a processor set. OPTIONS
Binds to a processor set instead of a processor. You must specify the processor set identification number (pset_id), which is a unique integer that identifies the processor set and is returned by the pset_create command. You can specify the -x option with the -p option. Invokes Resource Affinity Domain (RAD) binding, which binds the command to a RAD identifier (rad_id) instead of an individual processor or pset. The RAD structure holds data associated with a NUMA building block. In this release, and for the purpose of using the runon command, a RAD is analogous to a hardware Quad Building Block or QBB. The hardware QBB identifier also identifies the RAD. However, in future releases a RAD will be defined as a related set of memory, pro- cessors, and I/O that might not map to a discrete QBB. Specifies exclusive use of a processor set. Use the -x option only with the -p option. SEE ALSO
Commands: pset_assign_cpu(1), pset_assign_pid(1), pset_create(1), pset_info(1), psradm(8) Files: processor_sets(4) Other: numa_intro(3) runon(1)