Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SQL Select and awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SQL Select and awk Post 302261302 by Franklin52 on Monday 24th of November 2008 09:53:56 AM
Old 11-24-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by habuzahra
Thank you very much my friend it's work ,

could you please adivces me where i can find refrences for this things.
Read some stuff about shell quoting. Here's a link to the GNU awk manual regarding quoting with awk:

Quoting - The GNU Awk User's Guide

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting the sql select result

Hi, I have about 12 columns and 15 rows to be retrived from sybase isql command through unix. But when i output the sql into a file and see it, the formatting is going for a toss. can someone please suggest how can i get the result correctly in the output file ? Thanks, Sateesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotasateesh
2 Replies

2. Web Development

SQL Select inside Insert

I have following. . . . $userid = 2 . $query = "select username from users where userid = ".$userid.";"; . $username = $line; $data="Some Data Here"; . $query = "insert into logger (username, data) valuse ($username, $data);"; . I would like to not have 2 database calls. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikon
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect value from sql select statment to unix variable

Hi, I need to get the value from the table using the sql command and store this value into the unix variable so that i can use this value for furthure use.. Please can any body help me in this regards Thanks & Regards Abdul Hafeez Shaik (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulhafeez
17 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select SQL Queries Option

count.sh#!/bin/ksh SQL1=`sqlplus -s usr/pwd @count.sql $1 $2 $3` SQL2=`sqlplus -s usr/pwd @selectall.sql $1 $2 $3` LIST="Count Select_All" select i in $LIST do if then echo $SQL1 elif then echo $SQL2 fi done (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: killboy
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

using SELECT sql statement in shell script

Hi there I have a database on a remote box and i have been using shell script to insert data into it for example, i could have a script that did this SN=123456 n=server1 m=x4140 sql="UPDATE main SET hostname='$n',model='$m' WHERE serial='$SN';" echo $sql |/usr/sfw/bin/mysql -h... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL select all but not if it is already in an other column

I know I know.. for sure one of the easier mysql statements. But somehow I can not figure out this. I expect to see all distinct items of 'data_12' where 'kwroot' has 'straxx' in, and in the same row 'data_12' ist (not = 'kwsearched' in any existing row) data_12 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
6 Replies

7. Programming

I'm going crazy with SQL select. Please help!

Hello people, as wrote in title I'm going crazy with a "complex" SQL select. This is the seelct: select T_ADDRESS, T_MCC,T_MNC,T_MSIN,T_IM_MNC, COUNT(*) FROM TABLETEST WHERE T_MCC=123 AND (T_MNC=11 OR T_MNC=01) GROUP BY T_ADDRESS,T_MCC,T_MNC,T_MSIN,T_IM_MNC HAVING count(*) > 5;This select... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
7 Replies

8. Programming

[Solved] SQL SELECT REPLACE

Hi All, I had a query related to sql select update replace command. i have a table named clusters and it looks like this name model characteristics sample1.1 +123 parent sample1.2 -456 clone sample1.3 +122 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonia102
5 Replies

9. Programming

Sql select replace

Hi All, I had a query related to sql select replace command. i have a table named clusters and it looks like this Code: name characteristics sample 1.1 parent sample 1.2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siya@
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse SQL text and only format first SELECT statement.

Hi Forum. Need your expertise on the following question. I have the following file which I would like to parse, find first block of SELECT statment and concatenate all input fields as 1 field (~ delimited): Old File: SELECT /*+ USE_HASH(CCOMM ICAR IMAP IAS IP IMAS IMPS IAP SPCA) */ ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
5 Replies
DPKG-WWW(1)						      General Commands Manual						       DPKG-WWW(1)

NAME
dpkg-www - program to remotely open a WWW Debian package browser SYNOPSIS
dpkg-www [-s|--stdout] [-h|--host host] [query] DESCRIPTION
dpkg-www is used to remotely control a WEB browser and open a dpkg URL on the local host from an interactive shell or script. If the command is invoked while running under X-window the script will try to find an installed X browser to open the specified URL. If not running under X it will try to use a text browser instead. If Netscape is found and a Netscape instance is already running it will be asked to open the dpkg URL on localhost with the optional query supplied on the command line. If there is no browser running, it will start automatically a new one. The functionality provided by this program is identical to running a web browser with the -remote openURL(http://localhost/cgi-bin/dpkg) argument or opening the same URL from within the browser. dpkg-www-installer is an helper application which can configured in the WWW browser for web installation. It should never be invoked directly by the user. OPTIONS
-s, --stdout Redirect output to stdout. Requires one of the text browsers (lynx, lynx-ssl or links) installed. -h, --host host Send the query to a remote host, where dpkg-www must be installed. query Specifies an optional package name, an absolute pathname or a query argument which is passed to the dpkg cgi-bin. See dpkg-www(8) for more information about the use of the cgi. FILES
/etc/dpkg-www.conf ~/.dpkg-www Configuration files for dpkg-www. It is not necessary for these files to exist, there are sensible defaults for everything, but you can specify your preferred www browser with the DPKG_WWW_BROWSER variable, for example: DPKG_WWW_BROWSER=mozilla EXAMPLES
dpkg-www This would open a dpkg URL on localhost listing all the installed packages. dpkg-www bash This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the bash package. dpkg-www -h pisolo bash This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the bash package on host pisolo. dpkg-www 'dpkg*' This would open a dpkg URL listing all packages matching dpkg*. dpkg-www /bin/bash This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the package(s) owning the file /bin/bash . dpkg-www depends=svgalib This would open a dpkg URL listing all packages depending on svgalib. dpkg-www --stdout depends=awk | grep ^ii This would list on stdout all packages depending on awk and grep all lines of installed packages. SEE ALSO
dpkg(8), dpkg-www(8) AUTHOR
Massimo Dal Zotto <dz@debian.org>. Bugs should be reported via the normal Debian bug reporting system. LICENCE
dpkg-www is licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2. September 1, 2004 DPKG-WWW(1)