Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unix Horror story script question Post 302261295 by Perderabo on Monday 24th of November 2008 09:32:05 AM
Old 11-24-2008
Think how you would do the following task manually: send the same message to moe, larry, and curly. Now, do you really send 3 email messages? Or do you send a single email with 3 recipients?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Script Question

Hi to all in forum and I hope someone will be able to help. It is likely that over the next couple of months I have to get a hands on knowledge of Unix due to incoming work in company and I hope to be able to get some knowledge from the general Unix community. In the meantime I have one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kencheck
2 Replies

2. Homework & Coursework Questions

Unix Script - Changing Variable Question

This is a problem with basic Unix scripting. Thanks for looking! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Make a script that will compare 2 given directories and output those filenames that are in Directory 1 and not 2 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamhungry
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

New Unix user with shell script question using grep

Hello, I am a new Unix user and new to shell programming. I am working on a script to go through a log file and find the text error: grep -i 'error' monplus.mplog if I find the text error in the log file I would like to echo a message to the operator staing there is an error I am currently... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtracy01
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Shell Script question

I have the following script ========= #!/bin/sh MUTEXPREFIX="/tmp/" READMUTEX=(test globallock) # If mutexes found - exit out for m in "${READMUTEX}"; do || (echo "$0 Mutex file found - Exiting\n" ; exit 1) done; echo "After for loop\n"; exit;============= What i want... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GosarJunk
8 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

UNIX script coding HW question

i am trying to write a script code in unix that will: 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: display following menu to user: (A) Add (B) Subtract (C) Multiply (D) Divide (E) Modulus (F) Exponentiation (G) Exit Then ask user for choice (A-F). After taking... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: renegade755
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX shell script question.

I need to check whether the directory is exist or not. only three letter will be passed as argument. from that it should pick the entire directory. Instead of banking and manfucuture the input will be passed as man or ban. $1 -> ban $2-> monday #!/bin/sh DIR='/sales/$1*/monday' if ;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun888
3 Replies
Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail(3pm)

NAME
Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail - Log messages with sendmail. SYNOPSIS
use Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail; my $email = Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail->new( from => 'bar@foo.example', to => 'foo@bar.example', subject => 'your subject', ); $email->log(message => $message); DESCRIPTION
With this output module it's possible to log messages via "sendmail". METHODS
new() Call "new()" to create a new Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail object. The following options are possible: from The sender address (From). to The receipient address (To). cc Carbon Copy (Cc). bcc Blind Carbon Copy (Bcc) subject The subject of the mail. sender This option is identical with "sendmail -f". header With this options it's possible to set your own header. my $email = Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail->new( from => 'bar@foo.example', to => 'foo@bar.example', header => 'Content-Type: text/plain; charset= UTF-8', ); Or my $email = Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail->new( header => { From => 'bar@foo.example', To => 'foo@bar.example', Subject => 'my subject', 'Content-Type' => text/plain; charset= UTF-8', } ); Or my $email = Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail->new( header => [ 'From: bar@foo.example', 'To: foo@bar.example', 'Subject: my subject', 'Content-Type: text/plain; charset= UTF-8', ] ); sendmail The default is set to "/usr/sbin/sendmail". params Parameters for "sendmail". The default is set to "-t". maxsize Set the maximum size of the buffer in bytes. All messages will be buffered and if "maxsize" is exceeded the buffer is flushed and the messages will be send as email. The default is set to 1048576 bytes. Set 0 if you want no buffering and send a mail for each log message. debug Set 1 if you want to enable debugging. The messages can be fetched with $SIG{__WARN__}. log() Call "log()" if you want to log a message as email. $email->log(message => "this message will be mailed"); If you pass the level then its placed into the subject: $email->log(message => "foo", level => "INFO"); $email->log(message => "bar", level => "ERROR"); $email->log(message => "baz", level => "DEBUG"); The lowest level is used: Subject: ERROR ... You can pass the level with "Log::Handler" by setting message_pattern => '%L' flush() Call "flush()" if you want to flush the buffered messages. validate() Validate a configuration. reload() Reload with a new configuration. errstr() This function returns the last error message. DESTROY
"DESTROY" is defined and called "flush()". PREREQUISITES
Carp Params::Validate EXPORTS
No exports. REPORT BUGS
Please report all bugs to <jschulz.cpan(at)bloonix.de>. If you send me a mail then add Log::Handler into the subject. AUTHOR
Jonny Schulz <jschulz.cpan(at)bloonix.de>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007-2009 by Jonny Schulz. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-11-21 Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail(3pm)