Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unix Horror story script question Post 302261215 by scottsiddharth on Monday 24th of November 2008 04:04:01 AM
Old 11-24-2008
Thank you for the reply. But isn't that exactly what the real admin asked the novice admin to do.

Is there a better script or solution ?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Script Question

Hi to all in forum and I hope someone will be able to help. It is likely that over the next couple of months I have to get a hands on knowledge of Unix due to incoming work in company and I hope to be able to get some knowledge from the general Unix community. In the meantime I have one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kencheck
2 Replies

2. Homework & Coursework Questions

Unix Script - Changing Variable Question

This is a problem with basic Unix scripting. Thanks for looking! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Make a script that will compare 2 given directories and output those filenames that are in Directory 1 and not 2 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamhungry
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

New Unix user with shell script question using grep

Hello, I am a new Unix user and new to shell programming. I am working on a script to go through a log file and find the text error: grep -i 'error' monplus.mplog if I find the text error in the log file I would like to echo a message to the operator staing there is an error I am currently... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtracy01
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Shell Script question

I have the following script ========= #!/bin/sh MUTEXPREFIX="/tmp/" READMUTEX=(test globallock) # If mutexes found - exit out for m in "${READMUTEX}"; do || (echo "$0 Mutex file found - Exiting\n" ; exit 1) done; echo "After for loop\n"; exit;============= What i want... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GosarJunk
8 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

UNIX script coding HW question

i am trying to write a script code in unix that will: 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: display following menu to user: (A) Add (B) Subtract (C) Multiply (D) Divide (E) Modulus (F) Exponentiation (G) Exit Then ask user for choice (A-F). After taking... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: renegade755
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX shell script question.

I need to check whether the directory is exist or not. only three letter will be passed as argument. from that it should pick the entire directory. Instead of banking and manfucuture the input will be passed as man or ban. $1 -> ban $2-> monday #!/bin/sh DIR='/sales/$1*/monday' if ;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun888
3 Replies
asadmin-delete-admin-object(1AS)				   User Commands				  asadmin-delete-admin-object(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-delete-admin-object, delete-admin-object - removes the administered object with the specified JNDI name SYNOPSIS
delete-admin-object --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s] [--passwordfile filename] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive=true] jndi_name Removes the administered object with the specified JNDI name. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --interactive if set to true (default), only the required password options are prompted. OPERANDS
jndi_name JNDI name of the administered object to be deleted. Example 1: Using delete-admin-object The example listed in the add-admin-object command should be executed before attempting to execute this example:i asadmin> delete-admin-objects --user admin --password admin123 jms/samplequeue Deletes the previously created administration object with the JNDI name jms/sample. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-admin-object(1AS), asadmin-list-admin-objects(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-delete-admin-object(1AS)