Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Question about spooler
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Question about spooler Post 302261092 by jim mcnamara on Sunday 23rd of November 2008 01:06:08 PM
Old 11-23-2008
Yes, that is what I would suggest.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

printer status for print spooler: help

Hey people I am currently working on a print spooler for unix over a network. I need help regarding the status of the printer. Is there any way to know when the printer has finished a previous job, so that the next job from the queue can be processed. Also is there any other way to print other... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rage
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

Spooler Problem

Greetings, I have encountered the following errors and printing stops frequently. " ERROR 45 FROM LOCKF CALL ON FILE OUTPUTQ". I restart the spooler repeatedly but that is not a permanent solution. Please give me your usual assistance. With regards, Wobitu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wobitu
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

Unix Spooler - Hp deskjet

W eare currently running a Unix printer spooler and HP Deskjet printers. We are trying to set up a printer on the spooler server, but are getting connection errors. While we are able to ping and telnet to the relevant HP printer, we cannot set them up. Response: - The HP JetDirect Printer... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vegas
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restarting the Spooler

:confused: Everytime our UNIXWARE 7 Server is restarted we also have to restart the spooler. If the spooler is not restarted, print jobs get stuck in the queu. Once restarted by using the following command lpstop and lpstart everything works fine. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yorgy
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Spooler Script

I have posted before about this; but I am not sure I was clear on my message, so I am hoping someone can help with this as I gathered more information. Excuse me if I am not making sense...I am new to UNIXWARE :-( The print spooler start script was adjusted according to another engineer... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yorgy
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print spooler

:eek: I need to check the status of my print spooler on an HP-UX what is the command? Thanks Janelle (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lilnixon
1 Replies

7. SCO

SCO: UNIX Spooler

I have a system that will not allow me to print from any network printers. The printers are setup correctly. I have already used lpshut and lpsched to reset the spooler I am able to print jobs as long as I go around the spooler. However, anytime I attempt to send a job through spooler it... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: T Long
9 Replies
slp(1)							      General Commands Manual							    slp(1)

NAME
slp - set printing options for a non-serial printer SYNOPSIS
cols] indent] lines] pages] pages] DESCRIPTION
sets printer formatting options such as the number of lines per page, number of characters per line, and indentation. These characteris- tics are controlled by the printer driver as described in lp(7). acts on the current standard output. Options recognizes the following options and arguments: Report all option settings. Specify a character printer where backspace characters pass through the driver unchanged. The absence of this option indicates a line printer. The driver takes the necessary action to accommodate backspace characters. Resets the printer back to line-printer mode. Limit the number of columns to be printed to cols. Characters beyond the specified limit are truncated. Reset options to default for the device. This action is not taken until the next open occurs on the device. Indent indent columns before printing the first column. Select cooked mode. Cooked mode must be used with a cooked device special file which is identified by an lp mnemonic that is not preceded by the character Specify the number of lines per page. The last new-line character of each page is changed to a form-feed. Set the page size to infinity. Since the last new-line of the page is never encountered, no new-line characters are changed to form-feeds. Select a raw mode for graphics dumps. All other options are ignored except If the option is not given, is assumed. Eject zero or more pages after the final close of the device. Eject zero or more pages when the device is opened. EXAMPLES
In a typical case, the printer is set to 80 columns, no indentation, with no form-feeds between pages: WARNINGS
Use of the command in conjunction with the spooler (see lp(1)) might cause undesirable side effects. The spooler model files make assump- tions regarding the configuration and can get confused when the default values are altered. Although most options can be altered without difficulty, special problems sometimes result from adjusting the number of lines and the number of columns per page. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
lp(1), ioctl(2), lp(7). slp(1)