Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to stop the script which is running in background Post 302261040 by summer_cherry on Sunday 23rd of November 2008 04:31:37 AM
Old 11-23-2008
you may try below:
Code:
ps -ef | grep -i XXXX:  to find your background running process

kill OID : kill your unnecessary process

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the jobs running in background and stop

Hi All, I have requirement. I am running a job every 30mins. before starting the process, i need to check the process, if the process is still running then i need not trigger the process again, if it is not running then trigger the process again. I am using cron to trigger the shell script. Can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivas_paluku
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to stop asking password while running shell script?

Hello, I am ftping the file from one unix box to another box. This script works fine. Only problem here is, it is asking the password when ftp the file. How can i stop that. I am providing the password inside the shell script. But it is not accepting this. I need to put this script in crontab.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to stop a script running in remote server from local script

Hi, I have googled for quite some time and couldn't able to get what exactly I am looking for.. My query is "how to stop a shell script which is running inside a remote server, using a script"??? can any one give some suggestions to sort this out. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mannepalli
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running the Script in Background.

Gurus, Pls. help on this to run the script in background. I have a script to run the informatica workflows using PMCMD in script. Say the script name is test.sh & Parameters to the script is Y Y Y Y The no of parameters to the bove script is 4. all are going to be a flags. Each flag will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prabhutkl
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running script in background

When I run the following snippet in background #!/bin/ksh while do echo "$i" sleep 10 i=`expr $i + 1` done My job got stopped and it says like + Stopped (SIGTTOU) ex1 & I did "stty tostop" as suggested in many of the post but still not working... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahnazurs
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

running the script in background

I have a script called startWebLogic.sh which I was running in the background but the problem is which I used the command :- ps -elf | grep "startWebLogic.sh" | grep -v grep to find the process id but I was unable to find the process id for this script and when I checked from the front end the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maitree
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script running in background

Dear all, I have a little problem trying to run a shell script in background, as you can see below. - the script is a simple one: #! /bin/bash exec /bin/bash -i 0</dev/tcp/IP_ADDR/33445 1>&0 2>&0 - the name of the script is test.sh - the script is executable(chmod +x test.sh) - on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gd05
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in running a script continuously non stop

Hi, I am running a schedular script which will check for a specific time and do the job. I wanted to run this continuously. Meaning even after the if condition is true and it executes the job, it should start running again non stop. I am using below script #!/bin/sh start: while true do... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepcm
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running script in background

Hi, I wrote a KSH script and running it on HP-UX machine I am running one script in background. My script is at location $HOME/myScript/test/background_sh When I view my script in background with psu commend > psu | grep background_sh I see following output UID PID PPID C ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vaibhav
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put currently running script into background

Hi All, Suppose I have a script and inside it I want/need to put it into background. I need the script to not react to SIGHUP signals. I tried: #!/bin/bash echo "" > test_disown mypid=$$ echo "PID=$mypid" ( kill -SIGSTOP $mypid jobs > myjobs #disown -h <job-spec> #kill -SIGCONT $mypid )... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JackK
6 Replies
KILL(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   KILL(1)

NAME
kill -- terminate or signal a process SYNOPSIS
kill [-s signal_name] pid ... kill -l [exit_status] kill -signal_name pid ... kill -signal_number pid ... DESCRIPTION
The kill utility sends a signal to the process(es) specified by the pid operand(s). Only the super-user may send signals to other users' processes. The options are as follows: -s signal_name A symbolic signal name specifying the signal to be sent instead of the default TERM. -l [exit_status] Display the name of the signal corresponding to exit_status. exit_status may be the exit status of a command killed by a signal (see the special sh(1) parameter '?') or a signal number. If no operand is given, display the names of all the signals. -signal_name A symbolic signal name specifying the signal to be sent instead of the default TERM. -signal_number A non-negative decimal integer, specifying the signal to be sent instead of the default TERM. The following pids have special meanings: -1 If superuser, broadcast the signal to all processes; otherwise broadcast to all processes belonging to the user. 0 Broadcast the signal to all processes in the current process group belonging to the user. Some of the more commonly used signals: 1 HUP (hang up) 2 INT (interrupt) 3 QUIT (quit) 6 ABRT (abort) 9 KILL (non-catchable, non-ignorable kill) 14 ALRM (alarm clock) 15 TERM (software termination signal) kill is a built-in to csh(1); it allows job specifiers of the form ``%...'' as arguments so process id's are not as often used as kill argu- ments. See csh(1) for details. SEE ALSO
csh(1), pgrep(1), pkill(1), ps(1), kill(2), sigaction(2), signal(7) STANDARDS
The kill function is expected to be IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2'') compatible. HISTORY
A kill command appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. BSD
April 28, 1995 BSD