Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Command for changing date in IBM AIX Post 302260945 by vbe on Saturday 22nd of November 2008 09:29:11 AM
Old 11-22-2008
Never heard of date parameter:
Either you change time/date
Either you configure timezone:
Code:
 smit chtz

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Analogue of Format Command in AIX for IBM

I need to install AIX 5.3 on an RS/6000 Server. When i boot from an AIX 5.3 CD i get an option to upgrade to 5.3 from 5.2(existing OS). Is there a way by which i can force AIX to perform a new install with creating new partitions. I am looking for the analogue of 'Format' command in AIX that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bestoption
2 Replies

2. AIX

Changing Shells on IBM AIX

I found some answers as to how to change shells on Linux and FreeBSD but I am running AIX and was wondering if anyone knew the command for changing shells on this platform. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: clairepst
3 Replies

3. AIX

date command in AIX

hi, i have a simple question in linux: date '+%s' -r filename--------> gives the file age in seconds i want the option to be used with date command in AIX ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ali560045
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using SCP command in IBM AIX to download file from remote to local system

Hi, When i run the code in solaris unix machine, the file from remote server is getting downloaded. but when i use the same code in IBM AIX remote machine, it is not running. It is saying "Erro during scp transfer." Below is the code. Please give some resolution. SCPClient client = new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gravi2020
1 Replies

5. AIX

Changing AIX system date

Hi, Experts, I required your help to change my system date from year 2010 to 2064. The change is required to perform some testing by our dba's and apllication developers. Through smit i am anable to chage the date and received error. I knew that AIX 5.3 TL8 system date is till year 2037 Is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
5 Replies

6. AIX

IBM AIX on IBM Eseries & x series server

Hi, I want to know whether IBM AIX can be installed on the IBM e series and x series server hardware? Thanks & Regards Arun (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun.Kakarla
2 Replies

7. AIX

pwage-aix for IBM AIX servers

This is the password aging script for aix just completed. So far tested and still testing on one of our aix server running 5.3.0.0. So anyway as you can see it is very similar to pwage-hpux-T the only difference on aix /etc/passwd file looks in this format. Also for this script to work you need to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command for changing date format in a file

Hi... I have an inputfile name as :- abc_test_20120213.dat (date in yyyymmdd format) I need the output file name as abc_test_13022012.dat (date in ddmmyyyy format) Please help me on this... Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gani_85
5 Replies

9. AIX

How to find the log for executed command in IBM AIX?

In Unix If we executed any command where will generate the particluar log related to command in Unix. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: victory
4 Replies

10. AIX

IBM Virtual Machine OS on intel x86 and x64? IBM AIX OS on IBM Virtual Machine?

Hi There, I have zero information and zero knowledge for IBM virtual machine except Amazon cloud and VMware ESXi (Only Linux OS available). Anyone could provide me the following answer - Can IBM VM been deploy on X86 and X64 (Intel Chip)? If answer is yes any chance to deploy AIX OS... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenyung
13 Replies
DATE_DEFAULT_TIMEZONE_SET(3)						 1					      DATE_DEFAULT_TIMEZONE_SET(3)

date_default_timezone_set - Sets the default timezone used by all date/time functions in a script

SYNOPSIS
bool date_default_timezone_set (string $timezone_identifier) DESCRIPTION
date_default_timezone_set(3) sets the default timezone used by all date/time functions. Note Since PHP 5.1.0 (when the date/time functions were rewritten), every call to a date/time function will generate a E_NOTICE if the timezone isn't valid, and/or a E_WARNING message if using the system settings or the $TZ environment variable. Instead of using this function to set the default timezone in your script, you can also use the INI setting date.timezone to set the default timezone. PARAMETERS
o $timezone_identifier - The timezone identifier, like UTC or Europe/Lisbon. The list of valid identifiers is available in the "List of Supported Time- zones". RETURN VALUES
This function returns FALSE if the $timezone_identifier isn't valid, or TRUE otherwise. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Getting the default timezone <?php date_default_timezone_set('America/Los_Angeles'); $script_tz = date_default_timezone_get(); if (strcmp($script_tz, ini_get('date.timezone'))){ echo 'Script timezone differs from ini-set timezone.'; } else { echo 'Script timezone and ini-set timezone match.'; } ?> CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | Now throws E_WARNING rather than E_STRICT. | | | | | 5.1.2 | | | | | | | The function started to validate the $time- | | | zone_identifier parameter. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
date_default_timezone_get(3), "List of Supported Timezones". PHP Documentation Group DATE_DEFAULT_TIMEZONE_SET(3)