Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PHP install on Solaris 10
Operating Systems Solaris PHP install on Solaris 10 Post 302260805 by flood on Friday 21st of November 2008 05:24:32 PM
Old 11-21-2008
PHP install on Solaris 10

Hi all,

I have been looking for setup instructions for PHP5 on Solaris 10. The only thing I've managed to find is how to compile it for Solaris 9.

To be honest I dont want to compile it. I've setup Apache and MySql so PHP is the last thing I need and I can't seem to find anything clear on it.

I've set this up on a windows box and it was a piece of cake. I can't imagine that its this difficult on Solaris, I feel like I am missing something.

Anyone have any suggestions or links?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I want to install solaris 10

Hello everyone I am new to unix. I would like to install solaris or freebsd on my pc. I have found zip files to download at the sun.com website. From there on out, I am stumped. I want to download to OS file, put it on a CD and install the OS from the CD. Is there a step by step guide out... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: astro
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to install PHP and My SQL on Solaris OS

Hi all I am really need your hand in my critical problem , I want to install PHP and My SQL on my Solaris 9 station , I am already have Apache Webserver on it . This is my system specs , I think it means some thing for who will help me : SunOS STATION_NAME 5.9 Generic_112233-08 sun4u sparc... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: KSA
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Help! can't install Solaris 10

Hi everyone, i been trying to get my hands on a sun microsystem computer for a very long time, but for some reason i end up with microsucks, sorry, microsoft, well to the point. Finally i bought a sunblade 100 with no OS, i download the Solaris 10 .iso files and burn them into cd-r, sytem =... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: deamon
10 Replies

4. Solaris

can't install solaris 10 or 9

i 've a toshiba notebook (satellite L20 - 100) but i can't install solaris 10 or 9 on it , even linux ..i asked a few ppl they said that may b something wrong with the hardware...can this be possible? to make it such exclusive for windows or something?????????????// (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: slimydoom
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Installing Solaris 8 bootblock without Solaris Install CD

Hello everyone, Background: I'm having an issue with booting a clone of hard drive with Solaris 8 installation. For cloning process I have used g4l, running under click'n'clone option. As far as I know the actual operation ran behind g4l's interface was dd, though I do not have any information... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnny994
12 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 install dvd drive boots, but not recoginized by install process

I am trying to build a Sun Ultra 10 with solaris 10. This computer is one of a collection that was donated to the non-profic company I work for. All media was wiped before I recieved them, so I am starting from stratch. I downloaded the Solaris 10 ISO and burned a DVD. The computer came with a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwillhight
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris install php as an apache module

Hi, I need to install php 5.5.30 as an apache (2.4.17) module on Solaris 10. Please any help is wellcome. Some aditional info: /usr/sfw/bin/gcc -v Reading specs from /usr/sfw/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/3.4.3/specs bash-3.2# g++ -v Reading specs from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lbslbs
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 7: Is it possible to install JRE1.6 on Solaris 7

Dear All: I am trying to install JRE 1.6 on Solaris 7. But it's failed. error message: ld.so.1 symbo1 __1cH__Climpkcplus_init6F_v_: referenced symbol not found (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaychen
2 Replies

9. Solaris

No way to install a flar archive of Solaris 10 to Solaris 11.4 zone

I want to migrate a solaris 10 os to solaris 11.4 zone. I did this a)Collect some data like id sysid,disks,ip,etc..on solaris10 OK b)Create this file.cfg with this command on solaris 10 zonep2vchk -c > /migration/sol10.cfg OK c)Create the archive flash on Solaris10 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies
ibtl(7D)							      Devices								  ibtl(7D)

NAME
ibtl - Solaris InfiniBand Transport Layer DESCRIPTION
InfiniBand (IB) is an I/O technology based on switched fabrics. The Solaris InfiniBand Transport Layer (IBTL) is a Solaris kernel misc mod- ule and adheres to the IB Architecture Version 1.1 specification and provides a transport layer abstraction to IB client drivers. IBTL implements the programming interfaces for the Solaris InfiniBand Transport Framework (IBTF), consisting of the IB Channel Interface (CI) and the IB Transport Interface (TI). The CI consists of Host Channel Adapters (HCAs) and HCA drivers. A host is attached to the IB fabric through the CI layer. The Solaris InfiniBand CI is Sun's API rendering of the InfiniBand Architecture (IBTA) "verbs" specification. The Solaris InfiniBand TI is the kernel service driver interface into the Solaris InfiniBand Transport Framework. It provides transport and communications setup programming interfaces for Unreliable Datagram (UD) and Reliable Connected (RC) transport types only. FILES
/kernel/misc/ibtl 32-bit x86 ELF kernel misc module /kernel/misc/amd64/ibtl 64-bit x86 ELF kernel misc module /kernel/misc/sparcv9/ibtl 64-bit SPARC ELF kernel module ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attribute: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE |ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Consolidation Private | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWhea, SUNWib | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5), ib(7D), ibcm(7D), ibdm(7D) InfiniBand Architecture Specification, Volume 1: Release 1.1 SunOS 5.10 9 Oct 2004 ibtl(7D)