Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Which file has the user profile? Post 302260789 by bbbngowc on Friday 21st of November 2008 03:56:17 PM
Old 11-21-2008
Which file has the user profile?

It's been a long time since I've done this and I can't remember which file is needed to edit. I would like to change the prompt for a user on my AIX 5.3 box, but I don't see a .profile file or a rc.ksh file to edit. Which file do I need to edit to get this?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

User profile

Sorry to I am not familiar with script writing , attach is the /etc/profile in my system , we have limit each user can only have one login in the system . When the user login , if the system found the user have a dead process in the system , the system will confirm the user to kill the previous... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ust
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

accerssing user profile?

Hello there, I would like to know how can i prevent a normal user (not root user) from accessing his .profile and editing its information? Also, how can i prevent this user from deleting a certain file named "script"? Any help in that? Thanks in advance, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: charbel
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User Profile

Hi Guys, Im really new with this stuff...could anybody help to guide me ...how do i change/edit user profiile ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagasan_makmur
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I find a user profile

Hi, I want to know how can i find a user when he has logged in and how many times and days (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darwinscp@hotma
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

how can i find a user profile

Hi I want to know how can i find a user when he has logged in, at what time and how many days, anyone can help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darwinscp@hotma
1 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

trap in etc/profile and user .profile

Hello I really wonder what's trap in etc/profile and in each user .profile. I try to google for it but I think I have no luck. Mostly hit is SNMP traps which I think it is not the same thing. I want to know ... 1. What's a "trap 2 3" means and are there any other value I can set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smith
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

User profile, environment

Hello , i am on sles 11, and i can't figure out how can i locate my profile file, the one that is use for setting the environment when i log in. oracle@r200:~> cd oracle@r200:~> pwd /opt/oracle oracle@r200:~> echo $SHELL /bin/bash oracle@r200:~> oracle@r200:~> cat .profile cat: .profile:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

user .profile file not working

Hi All, I tried creating a .profile file but it is not working even after exiting the session. But before that I will give a quick background. I log into UNIX(SUN - ksh) and then SUDO to another user. After that I change DIRECTORY. In this DIRECTORY I tried creating the profile file but it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumeet
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying the .profile of one user to another.

I want to copy .Profile file from user1 homedirectoryto user2 homedirectory in Aix. Please help me with the process. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laxxi
4 Replies
MojoMojo::Controller::User(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   MojoMojo::Controller::User(3pm)

NAME
MojoMojo::Controller::User - Login/User Management Controller DESCRIPTION
This controller performs user management: registration, login, logout, password recovery and profile editing. ACTIONS
login (/.login) Log in through the authentication system. logout ( /.logout ) Log out the user. users ( /.users ) Show a list of the active users with links to the pages they edited. page_user Show a user's preferences prefs ( .prefs ) Main user preferences screen. password ( .prefs/password ) Change password action. template: user/password.tt recover_pass Email a user a new password register ( /.register ) Show new user registration form. template: "user/register.tt" is_account_taken Test to see if a login or email is already in use. do_register ( /.register ) New user registration processing. templates: "user/password.tt", "user/validate.tt" validate ( /.validate ) Validation of user email. Will accept a md5_hex mailed to the user earlier. Non-validated users will only be able to log out. reconfirm Send the confirmation mail again to another address. profile ( .profile ) Show user profile. editprofile Form to edit a person's profile do_editprofile Apply the edits to a person's profile AUTHOR
David Naughton <naughton@cpan.org>, Marcus Ramberg <mramberg@cpan.org> LICENSE
This library is free software. You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-02 MojoMojo::Controller::User(3pm)