Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Comparing Special characters (i.e. -,\,/) in an if statment Post 302260734 by vbe on Friday 21st of November 2008 01:32:14 PM
Old 11-21-2008
It was my pleasure.

Best regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

special characters

I have one file which is named ^? ( the DEL character ) I'd like to know how to rename or copy the file by using its i-node number TYIA (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nawnaw
2 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

get rid of special characters

Hi Friends, we have recently installed RHEL4.4 and when i give the commd ls -l > tt it prints the file name with some special charactes like ^[[00m1 in the begining of the file name and at the end of the file name. I wanted to use the file names of removing it before taking the backup and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vakharia Mahesh
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escaping Special Characters-Help

Hi All, I am having a trouble in passing special characters to a script. As I am new to bash script I dont know how to go and solve this. mypwd=(a+sdfg!h# if i pass $mypwd to a bash script, it is not accepting "(,!,+ etc". It would be a great help if some one can help to escape these... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Special characters

When I open a file in vi, I see the following characters: \302\240 Can someone explain what these characters mean. Is it ASCII format? I need to trim those characters from a file. I am doing the following: tr -d '\302\240' ---------- Post updated at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sid1982
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to see special characters?

Hi all, I was wondering how can i see the special characters like \t, \n or anything else in a file by using Nano or any other linux command like less, more etc (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvj
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

special characters

Hey guys, I'm trying to replace "]Facebook" from the text but sed 's/]Facebook/Johan/g' is not working could you please help me with that? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johanni
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace special characters

I have a line ending with special character and 0 The special character is the field separator for this line in VI mode the file will look like below, but while cat the special character wont display i know the hexa code for the special character ^_ is \x1f and ascii code is \0037, ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratheeshjulk
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep with special Characters

Need Help For GREP I have a file say g1.txt and content of file is below REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v NoDrives /t REG_DWORD /d 4 /f , REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v NoClose /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f ,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalpasoni
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace special characters with Escape characters?

i need to replace the any special characters with escape characters like below. test!=123-> test\!\=123 !@#$%^&*()-= to be replaced by \!\@\#\$\%\^\&\*\(\)\-\= (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing special characters in KSH

Hi Guys, I came across a scenario where I have to check the starting character of line in a file. if it is a specile character i.e. "<" gretaer then perform action. I tried serval ways but could not get the work done. Please help me .... Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi111_07
6 Replies
HTML::FormHandler::Field::Date(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       HTML::FormHandler::Field::Date(3pm)

NAME
HTML::FormHandler::Field::Date - a date field with formats VERSION
version 0.40013 SUMMARY
This field may be used with the jQuery Datepicker plugin. You can specify the format for the date using jQuery formatDate strings or DateTime strftime formats. (Default format is format => '%Y-%m-%d'.) d - "%e" - day of month (no leading zero) dd - "%d" - day of month (two digit) o - "%{day_of_year}" - day of the year (no leading zeros) oo - "%j" - day of the year (three digit) D - "%a" - day name short DD - "%A" - day name long m - "%{day_of_month" - month of year (no leading zero) mm - "%m" - month of year (two digit) "%m" M - "%b" - month name short MM - "%B" - month name long y - "%y" - year (two digit) yy - "%Y" - year (four digit) @ - "%s" - Unix timestamp (ms since 01/01/1970) For example: has_field 'start_date' => ( type => 'Date', format => "dd/mm/y" ); or has_field 'start_date' => ( type => 'Date', format => "%d/%m/%y" ); You can also set 'date_end' and 'date_start' attributes for validation of the date range. Use iso_8601 formats for these dates ("yyyy-mm- dd"); has_field 'start_date' => ( type => 'Date', date_start => "2009-12-25" ); Customize error messages 'date_early' and 'date_late': has_field 'start_date' => ( type => 'Date, messages => { date_early => 'Pick a later date', date_late => 'Pick an earlier date', } ); If form has 'is_html5' flag active it will render <input type="date" ... /> instead of type="text" AUTHOR
FormHandler Contributors - see HTML::FormHandler COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Gerda Shank. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-25 HTML::FormHandler::Field::Date(3pm)