Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Comparing Special characters (i.e. -,\,/) in an if statment Post 302260652 by angelap on Friday 21st of November 2008 10:31:46 AM
Old 11-21-2008
Computer

Thank you. I really appreciate the help. Have another glass to celebrate, it works.Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

special characters

I have one file which is named ^? ( the DEL character ) I'd like to know how to rename or copy the file by using its i-node number TYIA (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nawnaw
2 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

get rid of special characters

Hi Friends, we have recently installed RHEL4.4 and when i give the commd ls -l > tt it prints the file name with some special charactes like ^[[00m1 in the begining of the file name and at the end of the file name. I wanted to use the file names of removing it before taking the backup and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vakharia Mahesh
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escaping Special Characters-Help

Hi All, I am having a trouble in passing special characters to a script. As I am new to bash script I dont know how to go and solve this. mypwd=(a+sdfg!h# if i pass $mypwd to a bash script, it is not accepting "(,!,+ etc". It would be a great help if some one can help to escape these... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Special characters

When I open a file in vi, I see the following characters: \302\240 Can someone explain what these characters mean. Is it ASCII format? I need to trim those characters from a file. I am doing the following: tr -d '\302\240' ---------- Post updated at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sid1982
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to see special characters?

Hi all, I was wondering how can i see the special characters like \t, \n or anything else in a file by using Nano or any other linux command like less, more etc (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvj
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

special characters

Hey guys, I'm trying to replace "]Facebook" from the text but sed 's/]Facebook/Johan/g' is not working could you please help me with that? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johanni
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace special characters

I have a line ending with special character and 0 The special character is the field separator for this line in VI mode the file will look like below, but while cat the special character wont display i know the hexa code for the special character ^_ is \x1f and ascii code is \0037, ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratheeshjulk
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep with special Characters

Need Help For GREP I have a file say g1.txt and content of file is below REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v NoDrives /t REG_DWORD /d 4 /f , REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v NoClose /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f ,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalpasoni
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace special characters with Escape characters?

i need to replace the any special characters with escape characters like below. test!=123-> test\!\=123 !@#$%^&*()-= to be replaced by \!\@\#\$\%\^\&\*\(\)\-\= (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing special characters in KSH

Hi Guys, I came across a scenario where I have to check the starting character of line in a file. if it is a specile character i.e. "<" gretaer then perform action. I tried serval ways but could not get the work done. Please help me .... Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi111_07
6 Replies
PX_TIMESTAMP2STRING(3)					     Library Functions Manual					    PX_TIMESTAMP2STRING(3)

NAME
PX_timestamp2string -- Convert paradox timestamp into formated string SYNOPSIS
#include <paradox.h> char * PX_timestamp2string(pxdoc_t *pxdoc, double timestamp, const char *format) DESCRIPTION
Creates a string representation of a paradox timestamp as specified in the parameter format. The timestamp must be either retrieved with PX_get_data_double(3) after calling PX_get_record(3) or by simply using the double value in the pxval_t struct as returned by PX_retrieve_record(3). A timestamp contains both time and date information. The format string contains chars which stand for certain values of the date/time. The following table lists all available characters with a meaning. All other characters are being copied unmodified to the output string. If a special character shall not be interpreted it must be preceded with a backslash. Characters and their meaning in date/time format string Character Meaning Y year, numeric, 4 digits y year, numeric, 2 digits m month, numeric n month, numeric, no leading zeroes d day of the month, numeric j T{ day of the month, numeric, no leading zeros T} H hour, numeric, 24 hour format h hour, numeric, 12 hour format G T{ hour, numeric, 24 hour format, no leading zeroes T} g T{ hour, numeric, 12 hour format, no leading zeroes T} i minutes, numeric s seconds, numeric A AM/PM a am/pm L boolean for leap year RETURN VALUE
Returns pointer to string on success and NULL on failure. SEE ALSO
PX_time2string(3), PX_date2string(3) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Uwe Steinmann uwe@steinmann.cx. PX_TIMESTAMP2STRING(3)