Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sorting doubt
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers sorting doubt Post 302260598 by radoulov on Friday 21st of November 2008 05:14:08 AM
Old 11-21-2008
Yes:
Code:
perl -ne'print unless $_{$_}++'

Could you clarify what's wrong with the awk solution?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

doubt on name

HI, Iam jus tin a confusion that solaris and unix are the same.if they are diffrent,how they are?pls give me a brief idea abt these two. I will be very grateful to you thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shruti_mgp
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

One doubt

Hi, Can i use the shell script like this? When i am running the script it is hanging not giving me any output. I can redirect the output and then i can do the manipulations also but why this one is wrong. I am confused we can do like this or not.. #!/usr/bin/ksh for line in `top` do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt??

I jus want to know the meaning of the below command line(exclamation following that re-direction) sqlplus -s `cat /home/sample.txt` <<! Thanks!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nohup
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Doubt

Hi , Struck with one basic question. Iam expecting word count of 4 where "wc" is showing as 5 . # echo "abcd" | wc 1 1 5 # echo abcd | wc 1 1 5 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchal_boddu
5 Replies

5. Red Hat

doubt

I need help in opening the .exe files in linux. As i have downloaded ubuntu os from trail version. after executing the the file name in terminal it is stating that get archive files for opening the .exe files. But i am unable to get it please help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yashwanthguru
2 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Doubt

hi ,, i am new for this.. i want to know abt linux os.. which version is best for it industry.. please suggest me..:cool: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: c vignesh kumar
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt..

Hi experts, In one of our code we have used some command like this. name=${name##*/} Can someone please let me know what exactly it does? Thanks & Regards, Sathya V. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sathya83aa
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)