Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pls comment on my script.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pls comment on my script. Post 302260533 by sparcguy on Thursday 20th of November 2008 10:24:21 PM
Old 11-20-2008
wow zaxx, solid man! makes a lot of difference

# ./ccc
switching mode on Primary is already enabled
switching mode on Secondary is already enabled

one thing tho just for me to understand,

what's the difference between the statement

[ $STAT2="running" ]

[[ $PRISTAT != "enabled" ]]

Both are working, my question is does the space around the = makes any difference?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Block Comment in Shell script

how to put multiline comments in a shell script like /* Some code */ in C language? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed for multiline comment deleting script

Hi I have a script to delete the multiline comments as below ******************************************** #!/usr/bin/sed -f #Replaces single line comment s://.*:: #Replaces multiline comment present in a single line s:/\**\*/::g #Starting of the loop for checking the starting of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aster007
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

comment out a cron job as part of a script

Greetings, I am creating a ksh script to automate the installation of a utility on many servers. As part of this install, I want to check for a job in root's crontab. If the job exists, I need to comment it out. I know I will need to copy off the crontab then read it back in, but I am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 22blaze
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

comment and uncomment a line with Shell Script

Requirement is: 1. comment and uncomment the line with Shell Script: /opt/admin/fastpg/bin/fastpg.exe -c -=NET (using fastpg.exe as a search option) 2. display = "Commented" (when its commented) and display = "Uncommented" (when its uncommented) Its urgent, please let me asap!!! Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anthonyraj75
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why do a unix script starts with a comment?

For eg: #!/usr/bin/ksh <remaining code goes here> .. .. Does the compiler ignores that? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajincoep
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiline comment in shell script

Is thery any way to give comment to multiple line without explicitly specifying # at the begining of each line ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to comment some code via script

Hi, I am writing a shell script, which should comment a if-fi loop in a file. From google i found that, we can use below qualifier to comment a section of code, :<<COMMENT COMMENT But i could not place these keywords before and after if-fi loop. Any help would be appreciated. Finally the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: successlin
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comment/Devbug traverser ruby Script

Hello all, i need some help, having never herd of ruby before i joined my workplace im now saddled with alot of scripts written in ruby and i need to find out how to debug certain things (values of array's hashes etc). What i need is how to view each step in this command in a log file: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: limamichelle
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Easiest way to comment/uncomment a shell script?

cd path line1 line2 line3 line4 line5 Lets say thats the sample script...So say if i have to comment the above script, which would be the better way so that whenever i want, i cud comment or uncomment the same. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saggiboy10
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a file with comment in script

Hello, Be indulgent for my english. Can you help me ? function f1 { } egrep -v '^#' list_file \ | while read arg1 arg2 arg3 arg4; do f1 $arg1 $arg2 $arg3 $arg4 done In list_file there is I want to replace list_file by a $var then when i launch the script with a file's... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: amazigh42
13 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)