Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed issues with strange char
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed issues with strange char Post 302260525 by jlliagre on Thursday 20th of November 2008 08:42:31 PM
Old 11-20-2008
Try:
Code:
sed -e 's/<body>/'"$m_tag"'/g' "$file" > "$file".tmp && mv -f "$file".tmp "$file"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

strange sed behavior

I have a file called products.kp which contains, for example, 12345678,1^M 87654321,2^M 13579123,3 when I run the command cat products.kp| sed -f kp.sed where kp.sed contains s,^M,, I get the output 12345678,1 87654321,2 13579123,3 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin Pryke
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Strange sed behaviour

$ echo a.bc | sed -e "s/\|/\\|/g" |a|.|b|c| $ Is the behavior of the sed statement expected ? Or is this a bug in sed ? OS details Linux 2.6.9-55.0.0.0.2.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed May 2 14:59:56 PDT 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed escape char

Hi, For the following complex code , <!-- ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

strange behaviour from sed???

Hi all, I want to do a very simple thing with sed. I want to print out the line number of a disk I have defined in /etc/exports, so I do: It's all good, but here's the problem. When I define md0 in a variable, I get nothing from sed: Why is that? can anybody please help? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alirezan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - delete until char x

Hi, I got a Textfile contains hundreds of lines like this: 3 02 8293820 0 22 22 All I need is this: 293820 0 22 22 So i decided to delete until the first '8' comes up. But how I can realize that? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcW
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing special char's with sed

Hi, I've a txt file which contains the following kind of listed data 18971 ./aosrp18.r 15340 ./aosrp12.r 22996 ./aosrp08.r 17125 ./aosrp06.r I'm trying to get rid of the ./ in the file and have tried the following with sed but I'm not getting the correct result... I'm not sure what way... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: -e expression #1, char 21: unterminated `s' command

I have read many threads, but I still didn't find the right answer. May be i didn't find the right thread, though are so many threads for the same question. Basically the situation is - find date in a file and replace it with another date. (its not homework, its part of lot of a big processing,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: avinthm
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange Sed !!

wload/lscp/home/lscpvbf > v=1/1/1/ wload/lscp/home/lscpvbf > v=`echo $v|sed -e "s/\//\\\//g"`;echo $v 1/1/1/ wload/lscp/home/lscpvbf > v=1/1/1/ wload/lscp/home/lscpvbf > v=`echo $v|sed -e 's/\//\\\//g'`;echo $v sed: Function s/\//\\//g cannot be parsed. wload/lscp/home/lscpvbf > v=1/1/1/... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidyadhar85
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed returns error "sed: -e expression #1, char 18: unterminated `s' command"

Hello All, I have something like below LDC100/rel/prod/libinactrl.a LAA2000/rel/prod/libinactrl.a I want to remove till first forward slash that is outputshould be as below rel/prod/libinactrl.a rel/prod/libinactrl.a How can I do that ??? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
8 Replies

10. Red Hat

How to remove a special char using sed

consider this is my sample file format. in this i want to remove ^@ with space . please help me in this problm 7305,1310184890,0,0,12,201370,FCASTBHBR0 ,XX ,2,1,2,0,^@,1,1,0,3,1303862400,0,1577923199,1,10,FCASTOR SEED EX-BHABHAR ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ponmuthu-lnx
2 Replies
M_TAG(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual						  M_TAG(9)

NAME
m_tag, m_tag_get, m_tag_free, m_tag_prepend, m_tag_unlink, m_tag_delete, m_tag_delete_chain, m_tag_delete_nonpersistent, m_tag_find, m_tag_copy, m_tag_copy_chain, m_tag_init, m_tag_first, m_tag_next -- mbuf tagging interfaces SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/mbuf.h> struct m_tag * m_tag_get(int type, int len, int wait); void m_tag_free(struct m_tag *t); void m_tag_prepend(struct mbuf *m, struct m_tag *t); void m_tag_unlink(struct mbuf *m, struct m_tag *t); void m_tag_delete(struct mbuf *m, struct m_tag *t); void m_tag_delete_chain(struct mbuf *m, struct m_tag *t); void m_tag_delete_nonpersistent(struct mbuf *); struct m_tag * m_tag_find(struct mbuf *m, int type, struct m_tag *t); struct m_tag * m_tag_copy(struct m_tag *m); int m_tag_copy_chain(struct mbuf *to, struct mbuf *from); void m_tag_init(struct mbuf *m); struct m_tag * m_tag_first(struct mbuf *m); struct m_tag * m_tag_next(struct mbuf *m, struct m_tag *t); DESCRIPTION
The m_tag interface is used to ``tag'' mbufs. FUNCTIONS
m_tag_get(type, len, wait) Allocate an mbuf tag. type is one of the PACKET_TAG_ macros. len is the size of the data associated with the tag, in bytes. wait is either M_WAITOK or M_NOWAIT. m_tag_free(t) Free the mbuf tag t. m_tag_prepend(m, t) Prepend the mbuf tag t to the mbuf m. t will become the first tag of the mbuf m. When m is freed, t will also be freed. m_tag_unlink(m, t) Unlink the mbuf tag t from the mbuf m. m_tag_delete(m, t) The same as m_tag_unlink() followed by m_tag_free(). m_tag_delete_chain(m, t) Unlink and free mbuf tags beginning with the mbuf tag t from the mbuf m. If t is NULL, m_tag_delete_chain() unlinks and frees all mbuf tags associated with the mbuf m. m_tag_delete_nonpersistent(m) Unlink and free all non persistent tags associated with the mbuf m. m_tag_find(m, type, t) Find an mbuf tag with type type after the mbuf tag t in the tag chain associated with the mbuf m. If t is NULL, search from the first mbuf tag. If an mbuf tag is found, return a pointer to it. Otherwise return NULL. m_tag_copy(t) Copy an mbuf tag t. Return a new mbuf tag on success. Otherwise return NULL. m_tag_copy_chain(to, from) Copy all mbuf tags associated with the mbuf from to the mbuf to. If to already has any mbuf tags, they will be unlinked and freed beforehand. Return 1 on success. Otherwise return 0. m_tag_init(m) Initialize mbuf tag chain of the mbuf m. m_tag_first(m) Return the first mbuf tag associated with the mbuf m. Return NULL if no mbuf tags are found. m_tag_next(m, t) Return the next mbuf tag after t associated with the mbuf m. Return NULL if t is the last tag in the chain. CODE REFERENCES
The mbuf tagging interfaces are implemented within the file sys/kern/uipc_mbuf2.c. The PACKET_TAG_ macros are defined in the file sys/sys/mbuf.h. SEE ALSO
intro(9), malloc(9), mbuf(9) BUGS
The semantics of the term "persistent tag" are vague. BSD
September 7, 2004 BSD