Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Writing a script to work sequentially with bsub Post 302260501 by silky on Thursday 20th of November 2008 06:13:23 PM
Old 11-20-2008
Writing a script to work sequentially with bsub

Hi,
I am REALLY a newbie of Unix: hope this question is not too odd.
Here is my problem:
I have to submit jobs to a remote platform (an IBM BCX/5120).
To submit I have to
bsub < filename.jcf
and the .jcf file has usually the following content:

#!/bin/bash

#BSUB <commands of the bsub>
/usr/local/stata/stata -b //stata is StataMP for statistical analysis

Unfortunately, each job cannot last more than 6 hours (usually each last around 4 hours), and I would love to make them start sequentially:
any idea about how could I do it?

If you can help me, you'll save my sleep: I won't wake up every 6 hours in order to make the jobs work.
Moreover, since the weekend is approaching and my girlfriend would get pretty angry if I don't dedicate her enough time during the following 3 days, you'll probably save even my relationship!

Thank you very much,
f

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script doesn't work, but commands inside work

Howdie everyone... I have a shell script RemoveFiles.sh Inside this file, it only has two commands as below: rm -f ../../reportToday/temp/* rm -f ../../report/* My problem is that when i execute this script, nothing happened. Files remained unremoved. I don't see any error message as it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheongww
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to sort and execute files sequentially

Hi, I want to sort my files under a directory and execute them sequentially. For ex: my diir contains files: a_5.sql, ab_2.sql,abc_3.sql, acbd_1 ,ab_4.sql, etc. I want to execute the files based on the last number after underscore sequentially(i.e.. _1,_2,etc) . Can anybody help me? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuraliKrisna
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any scenario where a script will not run sequentially when called?

Can a script that calls another script exit and end while the called script is still running? If so, how can this be made to happen? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crond not work after writing to cron log?

Yesterday I was testing out some cron commands and when i was check the /var/log/cron with vi editor I accidentally did :wq instead. Since then the log has not updated and I'm assuming no cronjob is running because looking at the log there's activities everyday there's some default stuff that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: orionoreo
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Node selection with bsub

Hi! I am currently using the bsub command to submit jobs to a cluster and I need to specify the name of the node to which i want the job sent. What do I add to my .pbs script to specify this? Cheers (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mancino
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Script -- Suggestions to list and kill PID's sequentially

Hi, I'm trying to write a script where i'm trying to grep the PID and the associated file and list them. Then execute the KILL command sequentially on the listed PID's for ".tra" files ==================================================== ps -aux | grep mine adm 27739 0.2 0.8 1131588... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: murali1687
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

My script work on Linux but not work in sunos.

My script work on Linux but not work in sun os. my script. logFiles="sentLog1.log sentLog2.log" intial_time="0 0" logLocation="/usr/local/tomcat/logs/" sleepTime=600 failMessage=":: $(tput bold)Log not update$(tput rmso) = " successMessage="OK" arr=($logFiles)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with how to run multiple script with concurrent processes runs sequentially.

Hi, The problem detail is follows I have three individual scripts . SCRIPT A sh -x sqoop_channels_nc_daily_01.sh & sh -x sqoop_channels_nc_daily_02.sh & sh -x sqoop_channels_nc_daily_03.sh SCRIPT B sh -x sqoop_contacts_nc_daily_01.sh & sh -x sqoop_contacts_nc_daily_02.sh & sh -x... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: H_bansal
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bsub command

Hi everyone, I must write a Linux script for a biological analysis. I have an example for that which involves the "bsub" and "bsub-o" command, respectively. I cannot find a description for this command. Can you please help me? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Max_W
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bsub job does not execute the script

Hello, When I'm trying to send bsub job using script that executes fine in command line, I get nothing. I do this for testing purposes, and the script scr_test is just one line: pwd > outfile So when I'm executing it in command line: $ ./scr_test it works fine producing the outfile with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sergey Aliev
2 Replies
xotclsh(1)							XOTcl Applications							xotclsh(1)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
xotclsh - Tcl Shell containing object-oriented scripting language XOTcl SYNOPSIS
xotclsh ?filename arg arg ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
xotclsh is a shell-like application that reads XOTcl commands from its standard input or from a file and evaluates them. Similarly as the relation between tclsh and wish, xowish provides all functionality of xotclsh and provides as well predefined support for TK widgets. XOTcl (XOTcl, pronounced exotickle) is an object-oriented scripting language based on MIT's OTcl. It is intended as a value added replace- ment of OTcl. Scripting languages, such as Tcl, are designed for glueing components together, provide features such as dynamic extensibility and dynamic typing with automatic conversion, that make them well suited for rapid application development. The object system of XOTcl enables a user to to define objects, classes, and meta-classes. Classes are special objects with the purpose of managing other objects. ``Managing'' means that a class controls the creation and destruction of its instances and that it contains a repository of methods accessible for the instances. Every object may be enhanced with object-specific methods. XOTcl supports single and multiple inheritance. All object-class and class-class relationships in XOTcl are introspectable and can be dynamically changed at arbi- trary times. Ambiguities in name resolution of methods are avoided through method chaining through "next", which does not require explicit method naming. XOTcl combines the ideas of scripting and object-orientation in a way that preserves the benefits of both of them. It is equipped with sev- eral new language constructs that help building and managing complex systems. We added the following support: Dynamic Object Aggregations, to provide dynamic aggregations through nested namespaces (objects). Nested Classes, to reduce the interference of independently developed program structures. Assertions, to reduce the interface and the reliability problems caused by dynamic typing and, therefore, to ease the combination of many components. Meta-data, to enhance self-documentation of objects and classes. Per-object mixins, as a means to give an object dynamically access to the methods of one or several supplemental classes. Per-class mixins, as a means to give all instances of an class dynamically access to the methods of one or several supplemental classes. Filters as a means of abstractions over method invocations to implement large program structures, like design patterns. XOTcl provides a value-added replacement of Tcl package loading providing integration with object-oriented constructs and tracking/tracing of component loading. VARIABLES
xotclsh sets all variables that tclsh sets, and additionally the following variables: ::xotcl::version XOTcl version number. ::xotcl::confdir Directory for XOTcl configuration. ::xotcl::logdir Directory where logfiles are placed. KEYWORDS
argument, interpreter, prompt, script file, shell XOTcl xotclsh(1)