Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting check/wait for files to exist before continuing Post 302260497 by alternapop on Thursday 20th of November 2008 05:58:28 PM
Old 11-20-2008
Code:
while [ ! -s *.xml ]
  do
  printf "." 
done
echo "found it   "

that seemed to have worked... i used the above.
thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to check if the file exist or not?

say i would like to check if the file is existed before i use rm command. How can i do it? i know if i can use find, but i would like to have a good interface (in a shell script) thks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gusla
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check a file exist and do a copy of other files

Hi, I would like to perform bash which would check the file A.txt to be size 0 or not. If the size is 0, I would copy file B.txt to replace A.txt. Please help. Thanks. -Jason (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if certain files exist in a directory, if not add name to a textfile

We recieve some logs on our windows box via FTP on a daily basis, in the same directory. I would like to check for missing logs files and add their name to a text file. Something like... Check if C:\logs\file1_currentdate exists (if not, add file1_currentdate to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SunnyK
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

check the directory exist

I have the below script to check whether directory is exist or not , now I sure the directory /abc NOT exist , but when run the script , it still pop the result is "the directory exist" , could suggest what is wrong ? thx ll -d /abc > /dev/null 2>&1 if then echo "the directory exist !!" ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if file exist

Hi Does anybody know how I can check if a file exists i.e. see bellow, this doesn't work by the way and if tried countless variations on this file1=$one/file111.txt if then echo "Present" else echo "Not present" fi result : Not present (file is already present, eventhough its... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gksenthilkumar
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if file exist

Hi, I created following script to check if file exist: #!/bin/bash SrcDir=$1 SrcFileName=$2 SrcTimePeriod=$3 if ;then echo 1 else echo 0 fi I ran it like: /apps/Scripts/FileExist.sh /apps/Inbox file1 2nd_period_2010 Even file exist at that location, my above command is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: palak08
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to check files if exist else touch the file

Hi All, Thanks in Advance I wrote the following code if then echo "version is 1.1" for i in "subscriber promplan mapping dedicatedaccount faflistSub faflistAcc accumulator pam_account" do FILE="SDP_DUMP_$i.csv" echo "$FILE" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aealexanderraj
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get script to wait until status is true before continuing?

I'm extremely new to shell scripting so I apologize for the crudeness of my descriptions. I am editing a script that will write files (e.g. Job0_A.com, Job1_A.com, etc.) and then run them through a program called gaussian (computational chemistry program). The script will then take the output files... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: butson
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does rsync check and ignore files that already exist?

Hi, We have two (2) servers named primary and standby. There is a directory named /db01/archive that we need to keep in-sync. Files get transferred from primary and standby. Sometimes when we do a failover or when there is a network issue, some files fail to get transferred. I want to use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Check if 10 files exist

Hi All, Whenever i get 10 files(file names like sales*) then another file need to create. May i know how to implement this in KSH. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siddireddy
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)