Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Question about spooler
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Question about spooler Post 302260451 by wendyz on Thursday 20th of November 2008 01:40:55 PM
Old 11-20-2008
which command to check printing list and find out what job is ready to print in queue. So when I cancel the printing job, meantime, the file buffer is also be canceled, right? Best way is I save the file under the Unix, and then edit the file, finally print out through unix command, right?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

printer status for print spooler: help

Hey people I am currently working on a print spooler for unix over a network. I need help regarding the status of the printer. Is there any way to know when the printer has finished a previous job, so that the next job from the queue can be processed. Also is there any other way to print other... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rage
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

Spooler Problem

Greetings, I have encountered the following errors and printing stops frequently. " ERROR 45 FROM LOCKF CALL ON FILE OUTPUTQ". I restart the spooler repeatedly but that is not a permanent solution. Please give me your usual assistance. With regards, Wobitu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wobitu
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

Unix Spooler - Hp deskjet

W eare currently running a Unix printer spooler and HP Deskjet printers. We are trying to set up a printer on the spooler server, but are getting connection errors. While we are able to ping and telnet to the relevant HP printer, we cannot set them up. Response: - The HP JetDirect Printer... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vegas
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restarting the Spooler

:confused: Everytime our UNIXWARE 7 Server is restarted we also have to restart the spooler. If the spooler is not restarted, print jobs get stuck in the queu. Once restarted by using the following command lpstop and lpstart everything works fine. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yorgy
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Spooler Script

I have posted before about this; but I am not sure I was clear on my message, so I am hoping someone can help with this as I gathered more information. Excuse me if I am not making sense...I am new to UNIXWARE :-( The print spooler start script was adjusted according to another engineer... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yorgy
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print spooler

:eek: I need to check the status of my print spooler on an HP-UX what is the command? Thanks Janelle (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lilnixon
1 Replies

7. SCO

SCO: UNIX Spooler

I have a system that will not allow me to print from any network printers. The printers are setup correctly. I have already used lpshut and lpsched to reset the spooler I am able to print jobs as long as I go around the spooler. However, anytime I attempt to send a job through spooler it... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: T Long
9 Replies
NWPJMV(1)							      nwpjmv								 NWPJMV(1)

NAME
nwpjvm - Move print job to Unix queue SYNOPSIS
nwpjmv [ -S server ] [ -h ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ -q queue name ] [ -c command ] [ -j job number ] [ -d ] DESCRIPTION
nwpjmv is a program that connects to print queues on NetWare servers and moves a designated print job to a Unix queue. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the print server name at the server. -P password password is the password to use for the print server at the server. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, pserver prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if the print server does not require a password. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. -q queue name queue name is the name of the print queue you want to service. -c command nwpjmv removes the designated job from the Novell queue and feeds the job file to stdin. command is the printing command that is exe- cuted for each job. The default command is 'lpr'. You can insert several flags into the command, preceded by %. These are replaced with values retrieved from the queue structure for the print job. %u: This field will be replaced by the name of the user who posted this print job. %d: This field will be replaced by the job description field of this print job. -j job number This designates the ID number of the print job to be moved. -d causes extra error messages to be logged. SEE ALSO
nwclient(5), slist(1), pqlist(1), ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8), pserver(1) CREDITS
nwpjmv was written by Bruno Browning (bruno@lss.wisc.edu) based on pserver by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) nwpjmv 03/15/2003 NWPJMV(1)