Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Question about spooler
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Question about spooler Post 302260444 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 20th of November 2008 01:18:40 PM
Old 11-20-2008
/var/spool is one common place.
But the file may not be there - once you cancel the print job the file is marked for deletion.

Does the software not have some kind of 'I want a copy of the file' option?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

printer status for print spooler: help

Hey people I am currently working on a print spooler for unix over a network. I need help regarding the status of the printer. Is there any way to know when the printer has finished a previous job, so that the next job from the queue can be processed. Also is there any other way to print other... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rage
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

Spooler Problem

Greetings, I have encountered the following errors and printing stops frequently. " ERROR 45 FROM LOCKF CALL ON FILE OUTPUTQ". I restart the spooler repeatedly but that is not a permanent solution. Please give me your usual assistance. With regards, Wobitu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wobitu
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

Unix Spooler - Hp deskjet

W eare currently running a Unix printer spooler and HP Deskjet printers. We are trying to set up a printer on the spooler server, but are getting connection errors. While we are able to ping and telnet to the relevant HP printer, we cannot set them up. Response: - The HP JetDirect Printer... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vegas
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restarting the Spooler

:confused: Everytime our UNIXWARE 7 Server is restarted we also have to restart the spooler. If the spooler is not restarted, print jobs get stuck in the queu. Once restarted by using the following command lpstop and lpstart everything works fine. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yorgy
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Spooler Script

I have posted before about this; but I am not sure I was clear on my message, so I am hoping someone can help with this as I gathered more information. Excuse me if I am not making sense...I am new to UNIXWARE :-( The print spooler start script was adjusted according to another engineer... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yorgy
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print spooler

:eek: I need to check the status of my print spooler on an HP-UX what is the command? Thanks Janelle (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lilnixon
1 Replies

7. SCO

SCO: UNIX Spooler

I have a system that will not allow me to print from any network printers. The printers are setup correctly. I have already used lpshut and lpsched to reset the spooler I am able to print jobs as long as I go around the spooler. However, anytime I attempt to send a job through spooler it... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: T Long
9 Replies
snnewgroup.v0.3.8(8)					      System Manager's Manual					      snnewgroup.v0.3.8(8)

NAME
snnewgroup - create a new sn newsgroup SYNOPSIS
snnewgroup newsgroup [server] [port] DESCRIPTION
snnewgroup creates newsgroup assigning it an upstream NNTP server of server:port. If port is not specified, defaults to 119. If server is also not specified, newsgroup is created as a local group which is fed only by articles POSTed to it. You will need to be root or own /var/spool/sn in order to add new groups. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
SNROOT If this is set and is not empty, the value is used in place of /var/spool/sn, the default news spool directory. FILES CREATED
/var/spool/sn/newsgroup Directory where articles will be stored. /var/spool/sn/newsgroup/.created Empty file for the newsgroup creation time. /var/spool/sn/newsgroup/.serial Where snget gets its idea of the new starting serial number for newsgroup on server server:port. The value is initialized to 0. /var/spool/sn/newsgroup/.outgoing If server is specified, is a symlink to /var/spool/sn/.outgoing/server:port, which is a directory, created if it does not already exist. If server is not specified, no file /var/spool/sn/newsgroup/.outgoing will be created. See also snsend. SEE ALSO
sndelgroup, snsend N.B. Harold Tay snnewgroup.v0.3.8(8)