Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: moving to new server
Operating Systems AIX moving to new server Post 302260323 by funksen on Thursday 20th of November 2008 07:55:42 AM
Old 11-20-2008
lets extend this to network, and network daemons, os startup, login
good idea bakunin btw.
  • Users
    /etc/passwd
    /etc/security/*
  • User groups
    /etc/groups
  • login
    /etc/environment
    /etc/profile
    $HOME/.profile
    $HOME/.kshrc
    in case of Bash:
    $HOME/bash_rc
    $HOME/.bash_profile
  • Filesystems
    /etc/filesystems
  • Printer devices
    /etc/qconfig
  • Print queues
    /etc/qconfig
  • Firewall rules
    consult your firewal/network security team
  • Applications
    application-dependant
  • Network
    /etc/resolv.conf
    /etc/services
    /etc/hosts
    /etc/netsvc.conf
  • OS Daemons
    /etc/inetd.conf
    /etc/ntp.conf
    /etc/mail/sendmail.cf
    /etc/exports
    /var/spool/cron/crontabs/
  • Startup
    /etc/inittab
    rc files, /etc/rc*

• HACMP?
    • Resource groups
    • Start/Stop-scripts
    • Networks

Last edited by funksen; 11-20-2008 at 09:24 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving from one web server to another

Hi All, Thanks for taking the time to read and respond to my post. I am a Unix neophyte. I can install scripts, move around some and perform basic functions - mostly related to websites and alway with a resource guide in front of me. I currently have 12 websites hosted on a VPS and I would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lcurrie
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

moving files from one server to another

Hi guys, I have few files on my laptop(win XP). I am connected to a network called 'asx'(intranet). I have ssh2 and reflections on my system. I need to copy these few files from my system to a folder on the UNIX server(called 'CSSX'). Please can anyone explain me how to acheive this? I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uniksbro
1 Replies

3. AIX

Moving to new AIX server

Hello everybody, I am going to move to new AIX server and the question is how to correctly and painless move the whole configuration? I mean for example users, network, and - what is very important - the whole printer system configuration? I think users are simple to move - only /etc/passwd and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Yac
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

moving apache from 1 server to another

i need to move apache 2.2 from one server over to another server..... my servers are in atlanta and i'm logged in here in florida... what commands do i use ???? somebody mentioned the fetch command... please help.... i'm an idiot when it comes to unix (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marinob007
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files from one server to another server every 5 min

HI All, I am trying to automate my stuff to make 'to-do-easier'. I am new to shell scripting. I need help to you regarding the below problem. I have one directory in my server, frequently files will store in that directory. I want to move that files into another server on every 5... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravvamohan
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving a database from one server to another

I hope I'm posting this in the correct section. I'm trying to move a database from one server to another. This is the code I'm using... tar czf - vbdatabase.sql | ssh username@full.domain.com 'cat > /home/cpanelusername/vbdatabase.tar.gz ... but all I'm getting is a ">" and then nothing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chimpie
4 Replies

7. Linux

Moving Whole OS Centos Server

I currently have a web server its on a small harddrive I didn't know my site would grow so fast but now I need a bigger hard drive. Instead of adding another harddrive (host charge monthly of how many hard drives connected to server) is there anyway to just move the whole os to a bigger hard drive... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: awww
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Key Points when Moving from Server A to Server B??

Hi Everyone, I'm still learning daily about UNIX (specifically Solaris 10). I'm tasked with moving my current application and database from Datacenter A to Datacenter B. There will be no updates and no changes other than a new server and new location. So far, I have Solaris... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smckech1972
3 Replies

9. Programming

Problem with Perl script after moving from a Windows/Apache Server to a UNIX server.

I have a Perl script that worked fine before moving it to justhost.com. It was on a Windows/Apache server. Just host is using UNIX. Other Perl scripts on other sites that were also moved work fine so I know Perl is functioning. The script is called cwrmail.pl and is located in my cgi-bin. When I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: BigBobbyB
9 Replies

10. Red Hat

Moving boot SSD from a dead server to a new server

Hi all, We have a disk array that has the boot drive on an OCZ SSD on a PCIe card. Well, the motherboard died and we got a new motherboard. We moved the controllers, NICs, etc, to the exact same slots on the new motherboard, except now it won't boot. I guess it doesn't recognize the OS on the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glowe57
1 Replies
lpmove(1M)						  System Administration Commands						lpmove(1M)

NAME
lpmove - move print requests SYNOPSIS
lpmove [request-ID] destination lpmove destination1 destination2 DESCRIPTION
The lpmove command moves print requests queued by lp(1) or lpr(1B) between destinations. The first form of lpmove moves specific print requests (request-ID) to a specific destination. The second form of the lpmove command moves all print requests from one destination (destination1) to another (destination2). This form of lpmove also rejects new print requests for destination1. lpmove moves individual requests or entire queues only between local printers or between remote printers, not between a local and a remote printer. You can move only requests that were not previously transferred to the server. When moving requests, lpmove does not check the acceptance status of the destination to which the print requests are being moved (see accept(1M)). lpmove does not move requests that have options (for example, content type or requiring a special form) that cannot be handled by the new destination. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: request-ID The specific print request to be moved. Specify request-ID as the identifier associated with a print request as reported by lpstat. See lpstat(1). destination The name of the printer or class of printers (see lpadmin(1M)) to which lpmove moves a specified print request. Specify destination using atomic, POSIX-style (server:destination) syntax. destination1 The name of the destination from which lpmove moves all print requests. Specify destination using atomic, POSIX-style (server:destination) syntax. destination2 The name of the destination to which lpmove moves all print requests. Specify destination using atomic, POSIX-style (server:destination) syntax. See printers.conf(4) for information regarding the naming conventions for atomic names and standards(5) for information regarding POSIX. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. FILES
/var/spool/print/* LP print queue. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpcu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
lp(1), lpr(1B), lpstat(1), accept(1M), lpadmin(1M), lpsched(1M), printers.conf(4), attributes(5), standards(5) System Administration Guide: Advanced Administration SunOS 5.10 8 Feb 2001 lpmove(1M)