Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help with variable substitution in case statement Post 302260309 by bhav_shah82 on Thursday 20th of November 2008 06:44:53 AM
Old 11-20-2008
Here I cannot use literal because the values are obtained at runtime and from that the user has to make a choice.
Also I did not understand how to use the second option.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

case statement

Hi all, is it possible to create a 'dynamic' case statement. ie select option in `ls` do case satement depending on results of the above `ls` done I hope I have explained this ok! Thanks Helen (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bab00shka
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case Statement

Can anyone please tell me why this wont work! Thanks so much! #!/bin/sh for file do case $file in *.*.*) echo Cannot have more than 1 dot exit ;; *'**'*) echo Cannot have more than 1 asterisk exit ;; *'*'*|?.) echo this is a target (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zeta_Acosta
19 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

case statement

hi all i'm writing a script and in it i need to prompt the user if the entered value is correct or not ,i wrote the following and its not working ,its executing the script even if i enter Y/N pls any help is appreciated echo "\nAre you sure you entered the right Destination Environment? y :... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkan77
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using variable in case statement

I want to do this: Ex 1: case $answer in 1|2|3|4|5) echo $answer;; x) break;; *) echo "Invalid selection. Try again.";; esac But I need the part "1|2|3|4|5" to be fetched from a variable, like so: Ex 2: case $answer in $cases) echo $answer;; x) break;; *) echo "Invalid... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fialia
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If or Case Statement

I want to write a program with the following variables: a=7000 b=24000 c=613.8 The user can enter two words: Vivid or Blue for example. The challenge is that the user might not want to write the words the way they appear. The user can write V or v or vivid or Vivid or write Blue or blue, or B,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ernst
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert value in a variable from upper case to lower case

Hi, I have a variable $Ctrcd which contains country names in upper case and i want to convert them into lower case. I have tried so many solutions from already existing threads but couldn't get the correct one. Can anybody help me with this..... Thanks a lot.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manmeet
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

case statement

Hi, I am writing case statement to execute some finction, my requirement is once one of the case statement is executed again it has to prompt for the option. for script in `echo "$Script_Selected"` do case $script in 1) getNoOFActUsers ;; 2) moveServerrOORotation ;; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case statement

Hello, The standard case statement :- case "$1" in "IE0263") commands;; "IE0264") commands;; esac is it possible to have :- case "$1" in "IE0263" OR "IE0878") commands;; "IE0264") commands;; esac Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmahal
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Command Substitution and Variable Expansion within a Case

Hello All, I don't write scripts very often, and in this case I am stumped, although it may be a bug in the version of bash I have to use (it's not my system). I want to extract a specific string snippet from a block of text (coming from a log file) that is dependent on a bunch of other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaimielives
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Case statement help

Hi I am new to shell scripting, I wanted to make a shell script that has a case statement asking the user to select their city 1)london 2)tokyo 3) etc., I then want the users input to be stored in a variable and echoed out in another script; so for example if the user selects tokyo, tokyo city code... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptnewbie
2 Replies
SSL_CTX_new(3SSL)						      OpenSSL							 SSL_CTX_new(3SSL)

NAME
SSL_CTX_new - create a new SSL_CTX object as framework for TLS/SSL enabled functions SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/ssl.h> SSL_CTX *SSL_CTX_new(const SSL_METHOD *method); DESCRIPTION
SSL_CTX_new() creates a new SSL_CTX object as framework to establish TLS/SSL enabled connections. NOTES
The SSL_CTX object uses method as connection method. The methods exist in a generic type (for client and server use), a server only type, and a client only type. method can be of the following types: SSLv2_method(void), SSLv2_server_method(void), SSLv2_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will only understand the SSLv2 protocol. A client will send out SSLv2 client hello messages and will also indicate that it only understand SSLv2. A server will only understand SSLv2 client hello messages. SSLv3_method(void), SSLv3_server_method(void), SSLv3_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will only understand the SSLv3 protocol. A client will send out SSLv3 client hello messages and will indicate that it only understands SSLv3. A server will only understand SSLv3 client hello messages. This especially means, that it will not understand SSLv2 client hello messages which are widely used for compatibility reasons, see SSLv23_*_method(). TLSv1_method(void), TLSv1_server_method(void), TLSv1_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will only understand the TLSv1 protocol. A client will send out TLSv1 client hello messages and will indicate that it only understands TLSv1. A server will only understand TLSv1 client hello messages. This especially means, that it will not understand SSLv2 client hello messages which are widely used for compatibility reasons, see SSLv23_*_method(). It will also not understand SSLv3 client hello messages. SSLv23_method(void), SSLv23_server_method(void), SSLv23_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will understand the SSLv2, SSLv3, and TLSv1 protocol. A client will send out SSLv2 client hello messages and will indicate that it also understands SSLv3 and TLSv1. A server will understand SSLv2, SSLv3, and TLSv1 client hello messages. This is the best choice when compatibility is a concern. The list of protocols available can later be limited using the SSL_OP_NO_SSLv2, SSL_OP_NO_SSLv3, SSL_OP_NO_TLSv1 options of the SSL_CTX_set_options() or SSL_set_options() functions. Using these options it is possible to choose e.g. SSLv23_server_method() and be able to negotiate with all possible clients, but to only allow newer protocols like SSLv3 or TLSv1. SSL_CTX_new() initializes the list of ciphers, the session cache setting, the callbacks, the keys and certificates, and the options to its default values. RETURN VALUES
The following return values can occur: NULL The creation of a new SSL_CTX object failed. Check the error stack to find out the reason. Pointer to an SSL_CTX object The return value points to an allocated SSL_CTX object. SEE ALSO
SSL_CTX_free(3), SSL_accept(3), ssl(3), SSL_set_connect_state(3) 1.0.1e 2013-02-11 SSL_CTX_new(3SSL)