Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Comapilation error with Switch statement Post 302260275 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 20th of November 2008 04:38:35 AM
Old 11-20-2008
char acAtivity_type[2];
This is a char array

switch (a->activity_type) {
This requires an int, it is not an int it is a char string pointer.

Spelling counts, C is sensitive to uppercase and lowercase too.

One way to fix it:
Code:
struct a{

int acAtivity_type;
}

Note: you can store 'D' in this variable type, char is just a very limited integer datatype.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Error with ifconfig when attempting to switch to 10baseT

In Darwin, when typing "ifconfig en0 media 10baseT/UTP mediaopt half-duplex" I recieve the error message "ifconfig: SIOCSIFMEDIA: Operation not permitted". The same thing occurs when I sudo the command. Any suggestions? Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tkarrde
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using getopt with a switch statement

hi all, i have been trying to get a script working that can take in more than one option using getopt. But for some reason, even when i type in a covered option, it skips directly to my error message of "no match." Any ideas of what might be wrong? set - 'getopt frd*: $*' for i in $* do... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gammarays
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Conflicting 'typedef' error - Which gcc switch to use?

I am using gcc3.3.5 on solaris2.7. Its a 64 bit compilation I am compiling a file 'plugin.cpp'. It includes mach.h and the complation gives the following error. ----------------------------------------------------------------- mach.h error: conflicting types for `typedef vx_u32_t... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitc
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tcl switch statement

I am just learning Tcl and there are few things about it that is perplexing me. I have a question about the switch statement. Why are these two switch statements giving me different results? $ cat test_switch.tcl #!/usr/bin/tcl set foo "abc" switch abc a - b {puts "No. 1"} $foo {puts... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SFNYC
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable

hi, how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable which needs to be connected to one console server having rj11 on its side and db 9 female on other end.i.e. on switch side,console cable has rj45 and db 9 pin female connector on other side of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajd
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Something is wrong with this switch( case statement.

I started writing a script to save the files from a camera I got the other day, which mounts in /Volumes , and I got into it and started building this menu. The only problem is that the switch case is coming up as a syntax error at the parenthesis after a case. Here is the code: while : do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snakemasterAK
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while executing switch case for find and replace specific file. Help Me...

case "$inputs" in sapte) find /pools/home_unix/sapte/work/models/model -name "*.xml" exec rm -i {} \;; ckm1) find /pools/home_unix/ckm1/work/models/model -name "*.xml" exec rm -i {} \;; I am getting error like as below. ./menu1.sh: line 144: syntax error near unexpected token `)'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lathigara
4 Replies

8. Programming

Passing arguments from command line to switch case statement in C

Hi Am pretty new to C.. Am trying to pass the arguments from command line and use them in switch case statement.. i have tried the following #include <stdlib.h> main(int argc, char* argv) { int num=0; if ( argc == 2 ) num = argv; printf("%d is the num value",num); switch ( num ) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switch user terminal error

Hello All, Here I am trying to login a Linux machine as admin user from a Solaris box.. & then switch to root user.. Code I use: ssh admin@<IP> << END su - root << A echo "Hello I am logged in as root" exit A exit END But the error I get.. su: must be run from a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ailnilanjan
3 Replies

10. Programming

Missing Logic Looping Through Switch Statement

Having trouble with the logic when looping over this switch case again: for (j = 0; data != 0; j++){ switch(data){ case 'c': output = ranit(r_brace_array); break; case 'h': output = ranit(pipe_array); break; ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
6 Replies
PPIx::Regexp::Structure::Switch(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      PPIx::Regexp::Structure::Switch(3pm)

NAME
PPIx::Regexp::Structure::Switch - Represent a switch SYNOPSIS
use PPIx::Regexp::Dumper; PPIx::Regexp::Dumper->new( 'qr{(?(1)foo|bar)}smx' ) ->print(); INHERITANCE
"PPIx::Regexp::Structure::Switch" is a PPIx::Regexp::Structure. "PPIx::Regexp::Structure::Switch" has no descendants. DESCRIPTION
This class represents a switch, or conditional expression. The condition will be the first child. METHODS
This class provides no public methods beyond those provided by its superclass. SUPPORT
Support is by the author. Please file bug reports at <http://rt.cpan.org>, or in electronic mail to the author. AUTHOR
Thomas R. Wyant, III wyant at cpan dot org COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2009-2012 by Thomas R. Wyant, III This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl 5.10.0. For more details, see the full text of the licenses in the directory LICENSES. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-06 PPIx::Regexp::Structure::Switch(3pm)