Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Uploading a Directory via FTP in the Command Line Post 302260107 by vgersh99 on Wednesday 19th of November 2008 04:57:34 PM
Old 11-19-2008
not with the 'bare-bone' ftp clients that come with most OSs (e.g. Solaris).
Look into wget and/or lftp clients.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp command line client

Hi! Does anyone of you know another good ftp command line Client like Midnight Commander? (not /usr/bin/ftp) Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: donald1111
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command line FTP Client

I'm looking for a FTP client that is similar to NCFTP in that I can run a full ftp command in one line without needing to access the client first then typing the ftp commands. Very simple request but I can't find any other tool like that, I have downloaded Kermit thinking I can use it to tranfer... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamkag
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple script uploading *.dem files to an ftp

Hello.. i want to create a simple script that's upload all the *.dem files from one directory to ftp and then delete them. Any help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TuXaKoS
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP command line username and password passing

Dear All, I am new to unix and I am trying to build a shell script which will connect to a different server by passing username and password from a file or command line but not manually... In short I dont want to connect to a diff server via ftp interactively. Any suggestion...looking... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Uploading a file in ftp by culr?

I have ftp url, username and passwd. My file is named app.log. How do I upload this to my ftp server??? I read the manual but I didn't understand much...:cool: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP command-line utility usage

Hi, Using command-line utility "ftp or sftp", I want to transfer files across Windows and UNIX. Can you please tell me from where I need to connect to ftp and how do I specify the hostname, credentials and how do I get and put files between DOS and UNIX? Please provide me as much... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dev_Dev
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Simple Shellscript for uploading files to a specific folder on a ftp-server?

hi! Iam using my D-link DNS-320 (NAS) with fun_plug installed (a unix client) I am currently using cron to run a shellscript running a java-application that creates a couple of txt files. These files needs to be uploaded to a specific folder on my webhosts ftp server-account. I need a... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nigge
16 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Plowshare Command In Uploading Files

OK i am completely new to this stuff!! let me start from the beginning!!! I Am connected to Whatbox.ca Via SSH!! Then I installed plowshare using their guide perfectly Now They Told Me To refer Plowshare site's Command list for uploading any files to Various... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anime12345
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bcp command error in uploading data to Sybase

Hi All, I had an issue in executing bcp command to connect to Sybase from Unix script for uploading the data from file to table. I have a file called vrs_temp.txt (with two columns): 22055;20181001 21088;20181001 93840;20181001 30990;20181001 50990;20181001 50950;20181001Created a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Suresh
4 Replies

10. Programming

Arduino-cli - Uploading to Unknown Chinese Arduino Boards using the Arduino Command Line Interface

In my further exploration of Arduino, today I decided to install the arduino-cli on my mac today. https://github.com/arduino/arduino-cli I followed the instructions for macOS but when I got to this part: arduino-cli board list I got the dreaded "Unknown" Fully Qualified Board Name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies
SIMPLEFTP(1)						    InterNetNews Documentation						      SIMPLEFTP(1)

NAME
simpleftp - Rudimentary FTP client SYNOPSIS
simpleftp url [...] DESCRIPTION
simpleftp is a Perl script that provides basic support for fetching files with FTP in a batch oriented fashion. It takes one or more FTP URLs on the command line. The file(s) will be retrieved from the remote server and placed in the current directory with the same basename as on the remote; e.g., <ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/CONFIG/active.gz> is stored as active.gz in the current directory. The script properly understands usernames, passwords and ports specified as follows: ftp://user:password@host:port/path/file BUGS
simpleftp is an extremely poor substitute for more complete programs like the freely available wget or ncftp utilities. It was written only to provide elementary support in INN for non-interactive fetching of the files in <ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/pgpcontrol/> or <ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/CONFIG/> without requiring administrators to install yet another package. Its shortcomings as a general purpose program are too numerous to mention, but one that stands out is that downloaded files by simpleftp override existing files with the same name in the local directory. HISTORY
Tossed off by David C Lawrence <tale@isc.org> for InterNetNews. Rewritten to use "Net::FTP" by Julien Elie. $Id: simpleftp.pod 8357 2009-02-27 17:56:00Z iulius $ SEE ALSO
actsync(8). INN 2.5.2 2009-05-21 SIMPLEFTP(1)