Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problems with Embedded IF-else Post 302260082 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 19th of November 2008 04:09:55 PM
Old 11-19-2008
Code:
if [[ -s results1.tmp && -s results2.tmp ]]
then
    /bin/mail -s "Illegal Loggon Attempts on MAIL" sysadmin@ghf.com < final_email.tmp
elif [[ -s results1.tmp ]]
then
    /bin/mail -s "Illegal Loggon Attempts on MAIL" sysadmin@ghf.com < email.tmp
elif [[ -s results2.tmp ]]
then
    /bin/mail -s "Illegal Loggon Attempts on MAIL" sysadmin@ghf.com < email1.tmp
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Embedded programming

Anyone know any good sources (books, urls, etc) for learning embedded programming, for example with Tornado from Wind River? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TioTony
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Embedded list? Is this possible

I need to write a script that maintains many directories. I was wondering is there is a way to create a list of the directories inside a script so that you can then use “while read line” to perform different commands for each directory. Something like this #!/bin/sh MYLIST: /dir1 /dir2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zasxes
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Embedded SQL in AWK script

Hi All, Can I use AWK script to read data from Oracle table (some embedded SQL perhaps) The reason for this that I have a data file and I need to do some basic validations of the data in the file with some statistical figures related to the data file that I have stored in a Oracle table. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2nilotpal
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep embedded in a variable

Hi , well at the beginning i simply type : cat file.1|grep 'update process' but for looping and table needs , i wanted to do the following : var1="grep 'update process'" cat file1|"var1" and i got error : grep: can't open update grep: can't open process when it works if i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicol
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escaping embedded variables

I'm running into a problem with a differential backup script written in GNU Bash 3.0 - the following stripped down code demonstrates the problem quite nicely. $ DATE="last tuesday" $ date --date="$DATE" Tue Jan 6 00:00:00 PST 2009 So far so good. $ CMD="date --date=\"$DATE\"" $... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertigo23
6 Replies

6. Linux

UNIX scripts on embedded uC

hi all, i am new to this..i have some bash scripts that i would like to run on a microcontroller.. do i have to load a Linux/UNIX OS first? how do I do this? are there any good links to read about this? any help appreciated.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

wget with embedded username/password

Hi, I am encoding the username and password to the url and use it with wget. I.e wget ftp://username:password@myserver.com/test.mp3 However this does not work if the password contains @ character. if the password contains @, then the encoded url becomes wget... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learn more
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Embedded systems

Hi, I dont know whether it is the right space to put it... but didnt found related Embedded. I want to start learning Embedded systems in Unix, It would be greatly appreciable if someone could help me to start off .... Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deei
0 Replies

9. Programming

Static in Qt c++ Embedded Python

i have a problem in Use static variables in Qt C++ under CentOS 5.5 i need to pass a variable from GUI to class all function are static. it always give me that error error: undefined reference to strChar class QPython : public QObject { private: public: QString strChar; static PuObject*... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HanyM.Magdy
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with removing embedded linefeeds

Greetings all, i have csv file with pipe separated columns SSN|NAME|ADDRESS|FILLER 123|abc|myaddress|xxx 234|BBB|my add ress broken up|yyy In the example above, the second record is broken into multiple lines. I need to keep going until I find a "|" since this issue is with the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: stayalive
14 Replies
rmvb(9F)						   Kernel Functions for Drivers 						  rmvb(9F)

NAME
rmvb - remove a message block from a message SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/stream.h> mblk_t *rmvb(mblk_t *mp, mblk_t *bp); INTERFACE LEVEL
Architecture independent level 1 (DDI/DKI). PARAMETERS
mp Message from which a block is to be removed. mblk_t is an instance of the msgb(9S) structure. bp Message block to be removed. DESCRIPTION
rmvb() removes a message block (bp) from a message (mp), and returns a pointer to the altered message. The message block is not freed, merely removed from the message. It is the module or driver's responsibility to free the message block. RETURN VALUES
If successful, a pointer to the message (minus the removed block) is returned. The pointer is NULL if bp was the only block of the message before rmvb() was called. If the designated message block (bp) does not exist, -1 is returned. CONTEXT
rmvb() can be called from user or interrupt context. EXAMPLES
This routine removes all zero-length M_DATA message blocks from the given message. For each message block in the message, save the next message block (line 10). If the current message block is of type M_DATA and has no data in its buffer (line 11), then remove it from the message (line 12) and free it (line 13). In either case, continue with the next message block in the message (line 16). 1 void 2 xxclean(mp) 3 mblk_t *mp; 4 { 5 mblk_t *tmp; 6 mblk_t *nmp; 7 8 tmp = mp; 9 while (tmp) { 10 nmp = tmp->b_cont; 11 if ((tmp->b_datap->db_type == M_DATA) && (tmp->b_rptr == tmp->b_wptr)) { 12 (void) rmvb(mp, tmp); 13 freeb(tmp); 14 } 15 tmp = nmp; 16 } 17 } SEE ALSO
freeb(9F), msgb(9S) Writing Device Drivers STREAMS Programming Guide SunOS 5.10 11 Apr 1991 rmvb(9F)